Eric DeCosta?

BCJet

How about we discuss DeCosta and compare him to Maccagnan after he blows 4 draft classes and burns through all the cap space Maccagnan has in 5 off seasons.  When Baltimore only wins 14 games over a 3 year span, then compare DeCosta to Maccagnan.   Until then this is moot comparison. 

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

How about we discuss DeCosta and compare him to Maccagnan after he blows 4 draft classes and burns through all the cap space Maccagnan has in 5 off seasons.  When Baltimore only wins 14 games over a 3 year span, then compare DeCosta to Maccagnan.   Until then this is moot comparison. 

Not exactly a fair comparison even then. 

No way Baltimore keeps around that level of incompetence run rampant past three years. 

11 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Is that what good GM's do?  

19 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Yep, DeCosta did a great job reconfiguring the playbook for Jackson midstream

My point was that the players on the roster were sufficiently talented to allow such a thing.

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

My point was that the players on the roster were sufficiently talented to allow such a thing.

Remember when the Jets benched Darnold for a month and he came back to finish 1-3, putting up 21 ppg and Jets fans are all ya bb springboard

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Unconscionable. Even worse than giving Rex one more year to knife everyone 

It really is, what could CJ be basing it on? The fans unconditional love of Darnold? I'm sure mac attached himself to Darnold like a barnacle

Mac must of taken screen shots of JN heaping effusive praise on Darnold and sent to CJ.

It's really nico and his troop of Darnold butt sniffers fault when you think about it

Just now, CTM said:

It really is, what could CJ be basing it on? The fans unconditional love of Darnold? I'm sure mac attached himself to Darnold like a barnacle

Mac must of taken screen shots of JN heaping effusive praise on Darnold and sent to CJ.

It's really nico and his troop of Darnold butt sniffers fault when you think about it

I’d imagine it’s partly Macc making the case that Bowles sucked so hard that it obscured the talent on the roster and also Chris Johnson being deathly afraid of trying to hire a new GM and coach because he, like Woody, are fringe entities in the league and hiring at the executive level is all about networking, which they don’t do. Did they want to give Korn Ferry another million to come up with another John Idzik?

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I’d imagine it’s partly Macc making the case that Bowles sucked so hard that it obscured the talent on the roster and also Chris Johnson being deathly afraid of trying to hire a new GM and coach because he, like Woody, are fringe entities in the league and hiring at the executive level is all about networking, which they don’t do. Did they want to give Korn Ferry another million to come up with another John Idzik?

Fair.

But I'd rather blame Nico

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Is that really what that consult cost? Sheeeeeeeeeeit. Sports teams are such shortsighted pennywise cheapasses. And bitonti is right, Jets more than most. Look at the ******* labor costs associated with a franchise and you’re only gonna spend a crummy million dollars on recruiting a COO when you and everybody else know that you don’t know what you’re looking for. That’s real smart. I also don’t know why everybody doesn’t spend like double what they do now on health and training.

4 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Is that really what that consult cost? Sheeeeeeeeeeit. Sports teams are such shortsighted pennywise cheapasses. And bitonti is right, Jets more than most. Look at the ******* labor costs associated with a franchise and you’re only gonna spend a crummy million dollars on recruiting a COO when you and everybody else know that you don’t know what you’re looking for. That’s real smart. I also don’t know why everybody doesn’t spend like double what they do now on health and training.

I guessed at the million number. I am a fraud.

24 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Recruiters generally take 20% of year 1 salary upon placement, Korn Ferry is much higher though and has a retainer

That said, I wouldn't trust Korn Ferry. They had the right idea last time with Wolf and Casserly imo

20 hours ago, BCJet said:

Im not using the comparison as a reason to defend Mac, I would have preferred that he was fired, and had the Giants been smart and taken Sam, we would be in a much worse situation (so yes he got lucky).

My point is that Baltimore hasn't focused on WRs, has drafted "edge rushers" in the middle rounds (Like Bowser, Judon, and Tim williams - Judon who BTW, had just as many sacks as Jordan Jenkins), and paid top dollar to 2 safeties.  Yet they are smart and Mac is an idiot.

Its not necessarily the philosophy, its the lack of being able to find good players in the draft that has hurt Mac.  Thats the point.

Well, the fact is at times you cannot possibly fill all of the holes you may have on your roster. But Decosta continually makes the most of the picks he does have, Mac doesn't and that's the difference.

Archived