TRADE JAMAL ADAMS..

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

What's funny about this video is the 1st three highlights are a play that Adams finishes that was completely made by Steve McLendon, a play that Jamal Adams hit a WR who'd already dropped an off-target pass, and his only INT, which flopped unwittingly into his hands after a play was made in front of him.

Also, please find me the post where I said he "isn't good."  And, to be precise, he should not have been drafted at 6.  Not that he should not have been drafted.

If we didn't draft him, someone else would have in the top 10. I remember when tight ends were killing us, and everybody was yelling safety, safety. Now, it's we drafted one too high. jtfp.gif.ce8fe64c18877dc986940d47815a4cb9.gif

14 minutes ago, genot said:

He's already a great player. Look at the film dude. he does it all. He' all over the field making plays. In coverage. In the back field. He's a great blitzer. What would you have him do.

All over the field making plays, and yet no one can remember any of them.

Also, is it that amazing to be a "great blitzer" from the safety position when you line up as a LB?  Being an extra guy at the LOS isn't an innate talent, it's literally where you stand at the beginning of the play.  And, if you don't get home, you leave the entire defense vulnerable, which, Adams routinely does with his freelancing.

1 minute ago, genot said:

If we didn't draft him, someone else would have in the top 10. I remember when tight ends were killing us, and everybody was yelling safety, safety. Now, it's we drafted one too high. jtfp.gif.ce8fe64c18877dc986940d47815a4cb9.gif

You talk about remembering when TEs were killing us as if that was something that stopped with the addition of Jamal Adams.

15 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

What's funny about this video is the 1st three highlights are a play that Adams finishes that was completely made by Steve McLendon, a play that Jamal Adams hit a WR who'd already dropped an off-target pass, and his only INT, which flopped unwittingly into his hands after a play was made in front of him.

Also, please find me the post where I said he "isn't good."  And, to be precise, he should not have been drafted at 6.  Not that he should not have been drafted.

Whats even funnier is you're left with having to break down plays to give only partial credit to impact plays you think never happened to defend the idea that hes made less than three of them in 2 seasons.

Help us with WTF you're saying. If not he shouldnt have been drafted at 6 whats the bitch?  That his play says he should have but hes not a high priority position?  The sense that makes is?  The actual complaint is what again?

21 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

So because you can’t think of 3 “memorable” plays are you concluding he is not one of our best players? 

Being "one of our best players" and being a great player or being a player that does things that contribute to wins are not mutually exclusive.

People used to call Chad Pennington and/or Mark Sanchez our best QB since Namath.  That didn't make them good QBs, that just meant we had a lot of bad QBs.

Avery Williamson was one of our best defenders last year. 

Gotta be honest, off the top of my head and without the benefit of the YouTubz or Goggle or any of the internets I can’t remember 3 memorable plays he made. 

Do I get to slurp? Not slurp? Was he a bad signing? Was he worth all that money? Should we see what we can get for him on draft day?

This is some funny sh*t. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

All over the field making plays, and yet no one can remember any of them.

Also, is it that amazing to be a "great blitzer" from the safety position when you line up as a LB?  Being an extra guy at the LOS isn't an innate talent, it's literally where you stand at the beginning of the play.  And, if you don't get home, you leave the entire defense vulnerable, which, Adams routinely does with his freelancing.

Now we're back to no one can remember a single play.

Whats this the third spin on this thought?

The whole blitz theory is, ugh, funny.  As is the freelancing line when we're talking about a S. 

10 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Kind of like when we drafted Kerry Rhodes in the 4th round and chirped more than anyone before he started literally sucking dick.

Yeah, you’re right.  

Jamal sucks.

If you're worried about players sexuality, you may want to be aware that Jamal Adams carries a Goyard toiletry bag.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Now we're back to no one can remember a single play.

Whats this the third spin on this thought?

The whole blitz theory is, ugh, funny.  As is the freelancing line when we're talking about a S. 

It's the same, 1st response.  Congrats on googling his highlight video and finding one.

I noticed you also skipped a number of my responses directly to you.  It's almost as if you can't debate the actual argument, and only try feebly to dunk on points no one is actually making.

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The whole blitz theory is, ugh, funny.  As is the freelancing line when we're talking about a S.  Being nice

*TRIVIA TIME***

Jamal Adams had 3.5 sacks last year. Two defensive backs had four sacks each. I don’t even want you to guess their names—I’ll give them to you. The question is, name the teams these prolific, high-end sackmasters played for:

1. Logan Ryan

2. Mackensie Alexander

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jamal Adams is the direct beneficiary of being on the most talent-poor team in the league. Broadcast crews who fly in on Thursday to do the games are handed a media packet highlighting a couple of bullet points regarding the teams playing, and the only thing they could highlight for the Jets was their Dancin’ Safety. He got free publicity every week and too many Jets fans are hypnotized by this phenomenon. Jamal Adams is Carmelo Anthony without the jumper. 

Well that plus his shameless and relentless self promotion.

I also think folks like us who have been naysaying this pick since the day it was made played a role.  We instantly put a subsection of fans in the role of defending Adam's so people are pretty invested in him being worth the 1.6 for reasons beyond simple fandom 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

It's the same, 1st response.  Congrats on googling his highlight video and finding one.

I noticed you also skipped a number of my responses directly to you.  It's almost as if you can't debate the actual argument, and only try feebly to dunk on points no one is actually making.

Congrats on spinning the same comment into three now.

And for thinking that a visual list of highlights means anything. 

I've debated it quite clearly.  Youre one of the very few who disagree with the majority of people who realize that he was a perfectly good pick at 6.  Argue away and continue to sound like you have absolutely no clue about the game.  Your meaningless questions about remembering plays and your belief that I cant will never change any of this.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

*TRIVIA TIME***

Jamal Adams had 3.5 sacks last year. Two defensive backs had four sacks each. I don’t even want you to guess their names—I’ll give them to you. The question is, name the teams these prolific, high-end sackmasters played for:

1. Logan Ryan

2. Mackensie Alexander

And for bonus points, the point is?

Has what to do with anything that we were talking about?

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

Well that plus his shameless and relentless self promotion.

I also think folks like us who have been naysaying this pick since the day it was made played a role.  We instantly put a subsection of fans in the role of defending Adam's so people are pretty invested in him being worth the 1.6 for reasons beyond simple fandom 

Eh. They were brainwashed before we got to them. 

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Being "one of our best players" and being a great player or being a player that does things that contribute to wins are not mutually exclusive.

People used to call Chad Pennington and/or Mark Sanchez our best QB since Namath.  That didn't make them good QBs, that just meant we had a lot of bad QBs.

Let me understand this. Are you suggesting Jamal Adams is not good? 

That he’s our strong safety version of....Mark Sanchez?

Do you think Jamal Adams is a bad safety? Lower half of the league safety? Will never raise to the level of say a 2nd Team All Pro?

Just how bad do you think he is? Calvin Pryor-like? 

And you’re dabbling in a bit I red herring there - I never said he was the best safety since Victor Greene, I said he is one of our best players NOW. 

Do you disagree with that?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Avery Williamson was one of our best defenders last year. 

Gotta be honest, off the top of my head and without the benefit of the YouTubz or Goggle or any of the internets I can’t remember 3 memorable plays he made. 

Do I get to slurp? Not slurp? Was he a bad signing? Was he worth all that money? Should we see what we can get for him on draft day?

This is some funny sh*t. 

If you want to have an intellectually honest discussion on this, rather than just say OMG JETS FANZZZ, then Avery Williams is the perfect example of the problem with drafting Jamal Adams at 6, and pretending like he's an impact player.

I'd agree, I don't recall any huge Avery Williamson plays last year.  In part, because Williamson isn't that type of player.  But, you need these type of solid guys who just go out and do their job and do it well.  But, Avery Williamson is also the type of guy that you find in the 5th round (Tennessee did) and then hope to have his replacement on board with another low round pick so you don't have to give him a big contract (Tennessee let him walk).  You don't draft Avery Williamson at 6, and he wasn't.  Now, Williamson isn't a bad signing by the Jets, because he absolutely brings value, but more so, because we've drafted so poorly that we're in the position to need to pay a 2nd contract to an ILB, and then, flash forward, pay a record setting contract to another ILB, whom I think we all should be able to agree that the Jets would be better off if Darron Lee was an NFL player and we didn't need to sign CJ Mosely.

The point, if it's not already evident, is that Jamal Adams is a contributor, and a good one at that.  But, he's not a featured piece, because he doesn't do featured piece things.  You draft a guy like Jamal Adams/Avery Williamson later on, and try to replace him before you pay him.  Because you want to pay your QB, Edge Rusher, LT, CB1, and WR1.  And, if you can't do that, then you add an Avery Williamson for fair, if not slightly inflated, value to fill a hole.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Congrats on spinning the same comment into three now.

And for thinking that a visual list of highlights means anything. 

I've debated it quite clearly.  Youre one of the very few who disagree with the majority of people who realize that he was a perfectly good pick at 6.  Argue away and continue to sound like you have absolutely no clue about the game.  Your meaningless questions about remembering plays and your belief that I cant will never change any of this.

You literally are incapable of understanding what you don't understand.

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Let me understand this. Are you suggesting Jamal Adams is not good? 

That he’s our strong safety version of....Mark Sanchez?

Do you think Jamal Adams is a bad safety? Lower half of the league safety? Will never raise to the level of say a 2nd Team All Pro?

Just how bad do you think he is? Calvin Pryor-like? 

And you’re dabbling in a bit I red herring there - I never said he was the best safety since Victor Greene, I said he is one of our best players NOW. 

Do you disagree with that?

I am not stating that Jamal Adams is not good.

I am not comparing him to Mark Sanchez, save the fact that being the "best" out of no meaningful competition is not necessarily a praiseworthy accomplishment.

The third line is literally just a repeat of the 1st line.

The fourth line is contingent on me saying he was bad.  See line one.

The fifth line should be resolved by the answer the the second.

The sixth line should be explained by the second and fifth.

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Eh. They were brainwashed before we got to them. 

It's not a binary equation, yes they would've bought the hype regardless. Having to play defense against fellow fans has only strengthened thier position. They are dug in further.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

You literally are incapable of understanding what you don't understand.

Yeah, its me.  I'm totally confused

You keep up the good fight and convince people, change their thinking into he was the right pick at 6 or whatever the F youre arguing. 

Done, don't need to defend his play.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, its me.  I'm totally confused

You keep up the good fight and convince people, change their thinking into he was the right pick at 6 or whatever the F youre arguing. 

Done, don't need to defend his play.

Are you really done?  Or is this your trademark Jet Nut "I'm done," but also I need to have the last word, so I'll never really stop responding?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CTM said:

If Adam's was drafted where Maye was are you wasting your Sunday AM on this topic?

Patrick Mahommes at one, and Jamal Adams in the 2nd, and then a 2018 1st, 2 seconds, and a 2019 second, and no I'm not wasting my Sunday on this topic.

But, more to your point, if my wife didn't have my daughter at a birthday party, and my 4 week old son couldn't be brought along because he's too young to be vaccinated and we don't want him around 30-ish snotty 3-year-olds, so he's sleeping and I'm just hanging out watching the Master's, I'd also not be wasting my Sunday.  Unfortunately, that's where life is at right now.  Maybe give him a bath when he wakes up, and then head out for a walk or something.

• Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Can't claim to remember Adams exact assignment on every play for 16 games.  Is your position that we are strong against TEs?

Jets defense as a whole gave up 47 catches for 547 yards and 5 tds to opposing TE’s last year . Which I believe puts them 3rd or 4th Best Defending against TE’s last season.  Adams gave up zero of those TD’s FYI 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Jets defense as a whole gave up 47 catches for 547 yards and 5 tds to opposing TE’s last year . Which I believe puts them 3rd or 4th Best Defending TE’s last season.  Adams gave up zero of those TD’s FYI 

That's good.  And surprising.  But, also, the Jets still managed to be comfortably in the bottom 1/3rd in passing yards.  So, wonder what other noise there is in that data.