TRADE JAMAL ADAMS..

22 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Steve Howe, Gary Moore, and Steve Morse can blow all these guys away. 

Seen everyone of them, all good, Morse is great.  Loved the Dregs.

Bonamassa can play with any of them

11 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I’ll play. 

Trading one of your best players for draft picks in the HOPE that you draft good players is not a strategy. 

A young player.  On a rookie contract. 

Now, if you don’t think Adams is one of our best players then sure, make a silly thread about it. 

If that is your definition of "play" then I think your "game" may need a little work.  Perhaps more than just a little.

Try to follow the bouncing ball here.

Everyone... is... tradeable... At some price.  Everyone.

Two #1 picks? three? twenty five?

While there are recent examples of players who you may consider to have other flaws who were traded there are also numerous examples of players much MUCH better then Adams will ever be who were traded and recently too.  Khalil Mack is just one recent example.

So we can take the position that no, Adams is not available at any price and we don't even want to hear what that price may be or we can listen to where the market is at and then make a decision based upon more information rather than less.

As fans we get the privilege to 2nd guess any and all decisions made by our front office and we are not being asked to surrender that right here.  So I ask again.  You specifically in this case.  What is the virtue of covering our ears and not finding out that information BEFORE we make any decision?  If another team wants to call us and make an offer should we not pick up the phone?  If they want to shout it over the fence in Florham park or fly a plane with a banner behind it should we then cover our ears and eyes in order to not listen?

You may see where I am going with this one.  Exactly how far would you personally be willing to  go in order to remain ignorant?  Noise cancelling headphones?  Blindfold?  Stay of the Internet and email? Would you be willing to give it just that little extra effort? 

22 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Jaco was the best bass player who ever lived. Saw him a few times after he left Weather Report (saw them with Victor Bailey). I never saw a bass player with such a soloing style fit so well in the pocket of songs. The guy literally never over played. 

I don't know if you've seen it but the movie "Jaco" is great.  Funny is that he would introduce himself as Jaco Pastorius, worlds greatest bass player.

Jaco was on a different level than anyone ive ever seen and I've seen just about all of them

32 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

@nycdan

Listen to this whole thing. Thank me later

Don't have to thank you later.  I'll do it now.  I know his music very well.  It's also in the 'starter kit' :)

Here's something fun by Taj playing keyboards, which is amazing because he's a guitar/banjo man.

But here's a treat for you and Helen.  One of my absolute favorite live recordings I wish I saw (of course at Fillmore West) is this one from King Curtis.  If you haven't heard this, trust me.  One of the greatest roll-in intros ever done.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Stanley Clarke says hi. 

Jaco and Stanley - very different styles but both can lay claim to GOAT title.  

If you're bass guys, have you spent a little time curled up with the SMV project?  Because while some people think 'Three Tenors' is one of the coolest musical collaborations of three superstars ever, I would put SMV in the top slot.  Friggin' ridiculous!

14 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Clarke was great for his time. Nobody was playing bass like him that early and he paved the way for a new generation of players bit Jaco left him in the dust as well as Marcus Miller, Victor Wooten, and John Pattetucci. 

Clarke to me was a lead guitarist playing base. 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I don't know if you've seen it but the movie "Jaco" is great.  Funny is that he would introduce himself as Jaco Pastorius, worlds greatest bass player.

Jaco was on a different level than anyone ive ever seen and I've seen just about all of them

Most musical bass player ever. When you can stand out in a band like Weather Report but fit in so seamlessly  in every song musically,  you are a bad ass. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Spent way too much time with Chick Corea Return to Forever, Al Dimeola and the Mahavishnu Orchestra but John  McGluaghlin was great on the Dessert Song in School Days. Stanley was the man. Crusaders and Larry Carton solo album was great.

Lots of Weather Report, Grover, Bill Withers ( I cant write left handed) and Ronnie Laws Always There is off the charts. 

best post ever :)

(tears of joy running down cheeks)

All proves our side in a 1970 shouting match we had with Gladys Knight and one Pip (long story)

4 minutes ago, EM31 said:

If that is your definition of "play" then I think your "game" may need a little work.  Perhaps more than just a little.

While there are recent examples of players who you may consider to have other flaws who were traded there are also numerous examples of players much MUCH better then Adams will ever be who were traded and recently too.  Khalil Mack is just one recent example.

So we can take the position that no, Adams is not available at any price and we don't even want to hear what that price may be or we can listen to where the market is at and then make a decision based upon more information rather than less.

As fans we get the privilege to 2nd guess any and all decisions made by our front office and we are not being asked to surrender that right here.  So I ask again.  You specifically in this case.  What is the virtue of covering our ears and not finding out that information BEFORE we make any decision?  If another team wants to call us and make an offer should we not pick up the phone?  If they want to shout it over the fence in Florham park or fly a plane with a banner behind it should we then cover our ears and eyes in order to not listen?

You may see where I am going with this one.  Exactly how far would you personally be willing to  go in order to remain ignorant?  Would you be willing to give it just that little extra effort?  Noise cancelling headphones?  Blindfold?  Stay of the Internet and email?

Some players trade themselves.  Mack is the example.  If he want asking for crazy money he's not traded.  Not the same as trading a pro bowl player for no reason.  Just as it's not the same as giving an over the top example of trade offers.  No one is offering two 1s, three 1s, whatever for any player who isn't a to QB.  Doesn't prove that anyone is trading J Adams

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Jaco and Stanley - very different styles but both can lay claim to GOAT title.  

If you're bass guys, have you spent a little time curled up with the SMV project?  Because while some people think 'Three Tenors' is one of the coolest musical collaborations of three superstars ever, I would put SMV in the top slot.  Friggin' ridiculous!

I've seen You Tubes of them

Totally ridiculous  amount of bass talent bit I think Marcus was very subdued in that trio allowing Victor and Clarke more spotlight. Marcus is a ridiculous player. Listen to him play Teen Town. It's  just crazy. 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

I've seen You Tubes of them

Totally ridiculous  amount of bass talent bit I think Marcus was very subdued in that trio allowing Victor and Clarke more spotlight. Marcus is a ridiculous player. Listen to him play Teen Town. It's  just crazy. 

Listen to Percy Jones. Great player.

25 minutes ago, EM31 said:

You may see where I am going with this one.  Exactly how far would you personally be willing to  go in order to remain ignorant?  Noise cancelling headphones?  Blindfold?  Stay of the Internet and email? Would you be willing to give it just that little extra effort? 

What can you do with 25 picks? You can’t sign them all and 80% Will wash out and you may never get another Adams. 

What would KC POSSIBLY trade Mahomes for. Nothing. No package. Not 5 picks not 10 picks not 100 picks  

Lets not delve into silly hyperbole. 

Trading one of your BEST young players on a rookie contract and a leader and one of the faces of the team in the HOPES that you MIGHT  find a good player is a path to consistent failure. 

Trading pieces of sh*t like OBJ or AB or injury prone guys like Ford that KC couldn’t afford or Mack wanting a billion dollars does not equate.

To trading one of our best young players, a leader, a face of the franchise, on a rookie contract. Opening a solidified position in the hopes that you MIGHT fills some holes is ludicrous. 

I get the concept of asking the question.

In this instance it’s a moronic question. 

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Love Percy. Big Brand X fan but never considered him in the league of these others we are talking about

He's in triple a. ready for the call up, though. Here's Tai Wilkenfeld

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Some players trade themselves.  Mack is the example.  If he want asking for crazy money he's not traded.  Not the same as trading a pro bowl player for no reason.  Just as it's not the same as giving an over the top example of trade offers.  No one is offering two 1s, three 1s, whatever for any player who isn't a to QB.  Doesn't prove that anyone is trading J Adams

You seem to have the same problem as the other fellow.  Finding out where the market is at is not the same thing as accepting any offer.

I have not advocated for the Jets to consummate any trade.  On the other hand it is stupid not to listen to offers if offers are being made.  Teams make stupid deals all the time and not just this franchise.  Who knows what other teams might foolishly offer.  The only sure fire certainly here is that a policy of maintaining willful ignorance should be am immediate firing offense for any GM as well as a stern warning for a message board poster IMO.

This thread is epic.  Thanks to the mods for letting it roll!  

This reminds me of the old wild west USC message boards before those uptight sec guys started the 247 crap.  

Our boards were open, no word filters and attracted trolls from other regions.  Every time some ignorant fool would come on our boards to trash our program, we would start posting about food, music or books...completely derail the thread. 

WeAreSC is the only one left that is open and privately run, my friend is publisher of TrojanInsider, but it’s VIP only.  

Do any of you love to read as much as discuss music??!!?  ?

7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

What can you do with 25 picks? You can’t sign them all and 80% Will wash out and you may never get another Adams. 

What would KC POSSIBLY trade Mahomes for. Nothing. No package. Not 5 picks not 10 picks not 100 picks  

Lets not delve into silly hyperbole. 

Trading one of your BEST young players on a rookie contract and a leader and one of the faces of the team in the HOPES that you MIGHT  find a good player is a path to consistent failure. 

Trading pieces of sh*t like OBJ or AB or injury prone guys like Ford that KC couldn’t afford or Mack wanting a billion dollars does not equate.

To trading one of our best young players, a leader, a face of the franchise, on a rookie contract. Opening a solidified position in the hopes that you MIGHT fills some holes is ludicrous. 

I get the concept of asking the question.

In this instance it’s a moronic question. 

This policy if ignorance. Does it extend to other parts of football? To your life outside of football?

Should we not scout the combine or the draft class in general on the grounds that not knowing stuff is the winning hand here? Should the HC not scout the opponent for next week's game?

Do you avoid things like reading books or consuming news for fear that you may find something out that conflicts with your already constructed word view?  Are you a consumer of Fox news by any chance?

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, EM31 said:

This policy if ignorance. Does it extend to other parts of football? To your life outside of football?

Should we not scout the combine or the draft class in general on the grounds that not knowing stuff is the winning hand here? Should the HC not scout the opponent for next week's game?

Do you avoid things like reading books or consuming news for fear that you may find something out that conflicts with your already constructed word view?  Are you a consumer of Fox news by any chance?

Wow. Can’t formulate a lucid argument so attack the arguer. 

Explain to me what package KC would entertain for Mahomes. What could anyone possibly offer them. Nothing. No package. Ever. 

Should we see what we can get for Sam? 

Again, you are advocating a position of offering one of our best young players on a rookie contract that is the defacto face of the franchise for...draft picks that may amount to nothing. 

This is SOJFdom to the max. 

But yeah I’m ignorant, I don’t read books and I’m glued to FOX news. What next, I’m posting from my parents basement? Using up my 5 minutes on the internet?

Wow, you pegged me  

Dont be an ass. 

Bye great avatar. 

Saw Santana in 1980 then again 3 years ago at the PNC Center in NJ. 

Guy can still play but he pulled a fast one on us that kind of sucked. 

Played 3 sets but the middle set was his son and son’s wife and they sucked. Considered asking for a 3rd of my ticket prices back. 

Wow! Butt fumble City huh!? Some guys really take this stuff pretty serious. If your veins are bulging out of your neck take a deep breath. I was under the asperous this is a fan run message board for the sake of entertainment? I'm sure Jamal Adams is not personally butthurt....

4 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Wow! Butt fumble City huh!? Some guys really take this stuff pretty serious. If your veins are bulging out of your neck take a deep breath. I was under the asperous this is a fan run message board for the sake of entertainment? I'm sure Jamal Adams is not personally butthurt....

Image result for INCREDIBLE HULK GIFS

• Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I didn't mean to make any of the young girls cry..?

If you are going to troll leave the weak ass sh*t sh*t at home 

be more subtle 

the buttfumbles were for the obvious and terrible trolling