TRADE JAMAL ADAMS..

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

You would like Kenny Wayne Shepherd.  Fantastic blues guitarist.  Great band (SRV's drummer), really great live and inexpensive.  

oh why the hell not.....  since this thread was absolute garbage anyway until @HelenOfTroy, brought up great concerts and since this thread is going to get shut sooner or later:

I saw Kenny Wayne!  Blew me away, young kid, he opened for Etta James.  Killer.

12 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Cuz they're cut from the same cloth loudmouth me guys who are really surprised when they get traded to nowhere land LMFAO

I thought the thread was stupid but comparing OBJ and Adams is absolutely moronic. 

Next time Adams uninates in the end zone, has several violent retaliatory incidents against a defender in ONE game, kick FG nets, disparage the FO or have his dad do it, organize a shirtless sausage fest boat trip before a playoff game, made it clear he wanted to play in the West Coast, can’t stay on the field, please regale us with those stories. 

OBJ as talented as he is is a POS. 

8 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

SRV was great, the Santa Barbara Bowl is an intimate venue.  He touched my heart, he was talking about his drug addiction, and but for the grace of God, he would be dead. Not a dry eye in the place. 

I also loved Chicago Blues, like Paul Butterfield and Mike Bloomfield.  Remember John Mayall?  Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton all played with him.  Saw him at the Troubadour.

Maybe we should start a Music thread to discuss music, concerts.  Sorry for taking over this thread!  

You are describing the incredible 'Blues Breakers'.  Mayall, Clapton, John McVie (before Fleetwood Mac) at one point.  The album below is pretty much a must-listen for anyone who has ever even looked at a guitar in a shop window.  Start with 'Hideaway'.  An old friend/colleague of mine from a lifetime ago when I was briefly in the music business worked at the Troubadour (early-mid 90s) and told us stories about the place.  I'm sorry I never got to see some of those acts there.  

Here's another name for you.  Different style of blues but so good live...Taj Mahal.  

And don't apologize for de-railing this abomination of a thread.  It's the only redeeming quality it has!

image.png

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I feel like this thread turning into old, disenfranchised white men talking about wearing Tommy Bahama shirts watching boring blues guitarists is an epic reverse troll against me. It’s like the cops breaking up your epic party and confiscating all the alcohol. Get your own forums on r/neardeath or something 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Mayall just did a tour last year and Isaw him.  He is getting too old to perform.

He was old (I thought at the time) when I was young, I can well imagine now.  He had some incredible guitarists in his band, John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers.  

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like this thread turning into old, disenfranchised white men talking about wearing Tommy Bahama shirts watching boring blues guitarists is an epic reverse troll against me. It’s like the cops breaking up your epic party and confiscating all the alcohol. Get your own forums on r/neardeath or something 

Pretty much missed the point by a mile on two topics in one thread.  Congrats! ?

Tomshane no way! This Thread is now Epic. It's the classic Irish family scenario! Somebody says something and pisses everybody off everybody's livid and there's a big brawl! And then we all give each other a big hug and wind up drinking and jamming all weekend. Awesome sauce

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Apologies. 

Back on topic. 

Lets trade one of our best players on a rookie contract in the hopes we Mac gives us his firm assurance he might possibly consider picking a good player. 

Because the Raiders trader Khalil Mack who was looking for ONE HUNDERD Billion Dollars.

2 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Tomshane no way! This Thread is now Epic. It's the classic Irish family scenario! Somebody says something and pisses everybody off everybody's livid and there's a big brawl! And then we all give each other a big hug and wind up drinking and jamming all weekend. Awesome sauce

Irish Alzheimer’s. 

Forget everything but the grudge. 

• Haha 3

And actually the reason I started the thread was due to the article that stated our coach was the one who pushed for CJ Mosley because he wanted a leader on the field and in the locker room. And I thought to myself Gase had no problem getting rid of the "ME" guys in Miami, and I was just toying with the scenario that maybe he's not as impressed with Jamal Adams as some of our fans are?

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You are describing the incredible 'Blues Breakers'.  Mayall, Clapton, John McVie (before Fleetwood Mac) at one point.  The album below is pretty much a must-listen for anyone who has ever even looked at a guitar in a shop window.  Start with 'Hideaway'.  An old friend/colleague of mine from a lifetime ago when I was briefly in the music business worked at the Troubadour (early-mid 90s) and told us stories about the place.  I'm sorry I never got to see some of those acts there.  

Here's another name for you.  Different style of blues but so good live...Taj Mahal.  

And don't apologize for de-railing this abomination of a thread.  It's the only redeeming quality it has!

image.png

Have that!  Also Blues from Laurel Canyon on vinyl.  So many great guitarists played with the Bluesbreakers.

Yup, Taj Mahal lived out my way, got to see me several times.  

You’re my kind of guy, Dan!

Just now, Greenbloodblitz said:

And actually the reason I started the thread was due to the article that stated our coach was the one who pushed for CJ Mosley because he wanted a leader on the field and in the locker room. And I thought to myself Gase had no problem getting rid of the "ME" guys in Miami, and I was just toying with the scenario that maybe he's not as impressed with Jamal Adams as some of our fans are?

He has not had any legal contact with Adams as a Jet coach, he was extremely complimentary of Adams when he was at Miami and has made it clear EVERYONE starts here with a clear slate. 

Stop. It’s was a troll job. A well planned one that just didn’t get the results you wanted.

Or maybe you did. 

But again, trading one of your absolute best players on a rookie contract in the HOPES you’ll get a better player or players in a year or 3 is such a SOJF thing to even think of. 

The music derailment was the savior. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

BTW I've been playing guitar for about 33 years and I'm a singer and a songwriter. I still think Jamal Adams has a big mouth and I couldn't be happier with the Direction of this thread.

This thread is not epic.  It is wildly overrated.  Kind of like

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

@nycdan  this gentleman introduced me to the Blues..,opened for Clapton at the Fillmore in SF.  We had never heard anything like it (no thanks to segregation in the South), blew everyone away.  When Clapton came on stage (can’t even remember which band he was playing with) his comment was, “How do you follow that?”  

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

SRV was great, the Santa Barbara Bowl is an intimate venue.  He touched my heart, he was talking about his drug addiction, and but for the grace of God, he would be dead. Not a dry eye in the place. 

I also loved Chicago Blues, like Paul Butterfield and Mike Bloomfield.  Remember John Mayall?  Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton all played with him.  Saw him at the Troubadour.

Maybe we should start a Music thread to discuss music, concerts.  Sorry for taking over this thread!  

I'd join in that. Saw SRV live several times. Twice at the West side Pier concerts, when they were still doing that. Or once there and once in Central Park, it's been a while. 

On the blues rock thing some more, caught the ABB at the Beacon about 5 times, roughly every two years, then a gap, then their 2nd to last run. 

Missed the anniversary shows in one of all time regrets, not making the Clapton with ABB nights. At least I went to the Cream reunion at MSG. 

Have everything Hendrix and SRV ever put on tape or concert in .shn or .flac format. Plus a ton of other stuff. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

@nycdan  this gentleman introduced me to the Blues..,opened for Clapton at the Fillmore in SF.  We had never heard anything like it (no thanks to segregation in the South), blew everyone away.  When Clapton came on stage (can’t even remember which band he was playing with) his comment was, “How do you follow that?”  

@nycdan

Listen to this whole thing. Thank me later

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

I'd join in that. Saw SRV live several times. Twice at the West side Pier concerts, when they were still doing that. Or once there and once in Central Park, it's been a while. 

On the blues rock thing some more, caught the ABB at the Beacon about 5 times, roughly every two years, then a gap, then their 2nd to last run. 

Missed the anniversary shows in one of all time regrets, not making the Clapton with ABB nights. At least I went to the Cream reunion at MSG. 

Have everything Hendrix and SRV ever put on tape or concert in .shn or .flac format. Plus a ton of other stuff. 

SRV Acoustic Testify on the 12 string?

Can’t keep up with his fingers. 

39 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

BTW I've been playing guitar for about 33 years and I'm a singer and a songwriter. I still think Jamal Adams has a big mouth and I couldn't be happier with the Direction of this thread.

Do you have a song about how much Jamal Adams sucks? Does it have  double entendres in it? Joe Willy might like it. If it's in a 12 bar blues, it could tie everything in this topic together. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

John is a friend.  Have spent many nights sitting around talking and way too many nights listening to him play all over.  

Weather Report was a favorite, Jaco, Wayne, Joe.  Great live.  Especially loved Jaco.

John with Al and Paco De Lucia, unreal shows.

Jaco was the best bass player who ever lived. Saw him a few times after he left Weather Report (saw them with Victor Bailey). I never saw a bass player with such a soloing style fit so well in the pocket of songs. The guy literally never over played. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Really? Do you have a room with handcuffs and restraints in that humongous  house where you pay the Gimp from pulp fiction to beat you bloody?

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Jaco was the best bass player who ever lived. Saw him a few times after he left Weather Report (saw them with Victor Bailey). I never saw a bass player with such a soloing style fit so well in the pocket of songs. The guy literally never over played. 

Stanley Clarke says hi. 

I love Jamal on the field I just hate Jamal's mouth off of it. He's not in charge of the organization like he thinks. Just play ball man and stfu. Lead by example more, and less verbally. You know kinda like Maye does. I love Marcus Maye lil talk and all business on the field. That said, no reason to trade Jamal. We need his energy on game days.

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Stanley Clarke says hi. 

Clarke was great for his time. Nobody was playing bass like him that early and he paved the way for a new generation of players bit Jaco left him in the dust as well as Marcus Miller, Victor Wooten, and John Pattetucci. 

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Clarke was great for his time. Nobody was playing bass like him that early and he paved the way for a new generation of players bit Jaco left him in the dust as well as Marcus Miller, Victor Wooten, and John Pattetucci. 

Adrian Clarke?? ?