TRADE JAMAL ADAMS..

44 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Hugh Douglas, Snacks Harrison, Jericho Cotchery, Brad Smith, Mohamed Sanu, Kareem McKenzie, Mr. Chadwick Pennington!? All very good impact players who were shown the door? And that's just off the top of my head. How many of their replacements or other players were forced down our throats when they were just goddamn terrible? And it was obvious!

Pennington - Blew his freaking arm out

cotchery - didn’t want to compete and was on the downside of his career 

Snacks got priced out - probably should of resigned him over Wilkerson but it is what it is . We wanted him back couldn’t afford what the giants payed . 

Sanu - was never a jet 

I don’t even remember the McKenzie or Douglas situation so maybe your right . 

Either way none of these guys where all pros before they even reached there prime and where shown the door. 

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

You are aware that the same guy is still making the picks, yes?

Fully aware thanks .. also fully enjoying the fact Darnold is my QB now and Jamal is all pro at 23..  hopefully he Hits on this year 1st and we can have a Pass rusher and a QB on there rookie contract .  

And I know he got with  Darnold lucky well I hope the luck continues and puts Bosa in green . 

7 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Guy who says Macc has done a good job shouldn’t throw “nutjob” around.

Talk about a non responsive post. Jeez. I never said Mac has done a good job. I just don't think he's the disaster that some people make him out to be.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Counterpoint: Mac is a disaster 

Idzik was a disaster. Mac has made a few disastrous picks. Some of the other busts at least can be justified as reasonable picks at the time. Some of his picks, the jury is still out on. Mac, a disaster. Too harsh.

Just now, genot said:

Idzik was a disaster. Mac has made a few disastrous picks. Some of the other busts at least can be justified as reasonable picks at the time. Some of his picks, the jury is still out on. Mac, a disaster. Too harsh.

They equally sucked. Idzik at least knew he sucked and hoarded picks to compensate for sucking.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Matt39 said:

They equally sucked. Idzik at least knew he sucked and hoarded picks to compensate for sucking.

That's laughable. Idzik drafted one player who's made a contribution to this team. And he's injury prone. Enunwa. One player. If Mac was just responsible for bringing in Anderson, he would have done more to improve the team than Idzik.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Counterpoint: Dee Milliner was a five star CB with prototype size who ran a 4.3/40, started right away at Alabama, was a freshman All-American, then eventually a unanimous first-team All American and a finalist for the Nagurski and Thorpe. 

Sheldon Richardson was Defensive Rookie of the Year.

Jace Amaro and Jalen Saunders were both elite athletic talents and both were prolific pass catchers in college.

Geno Smith’s statistical profile coming out of West Virginia was the same as Patrick Mahomes’

But tell us more about how “reasonable” Mac’s picks are in relation to Idzik’s. Start with the Hackenberg selection thx

Other than Richardson, they all were colossal busts. I'm sure Mac would be glad to be judged on who he pinned the franchises hopes on compared to Idzik. I'm referring to Darnold and Smith.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Counterpoint: Dee Milliner was a five star CB with prototype size who ran a 4.3/40, started right away at Alabama, was a freshman All-American, then eventually a unanimous first-team All American and a finalist for the Nagurski and Thorpe. 

Jace Amaro and Jalen Saunders were both elite athletic talents and both were prolific pass catchers in college.

Geno Smith’s statistical profile coming out of West Virginia was the same as Patrick Mahomes’

But tell us more about how “reasonable” Mac’s picks are in relation to Idzik’s. Start with the Hackenberg selection thx

Wow.

5 hours ago, genot said:

Yea. All offense. If you objectively look at the film, Adams is close to creating turnovers. Once we get a pass rush, hopefully that QB's timing will be off some, and those could have beens will turn into interceptions.

What are Pff's rankings for "almost turnovers".

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I know That draft class must of excited you.. all the great athletes that can’t play lick of football .. 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Idzik, to protect his QB, employed Wayne Hunter and brought in Brent Giacomini. He interfered with coaches decisions on Ducasse. They wanted him on the bench, Idzik didn't.

4 hours ago, TeddEY said:

I remember great plays.  I think many people do.

I can still recall that 3rd down scramble, throw, and conversion from Sanchez to a diving Cotchery ( right after he tore his groin on the play) against the Browns.

And I even remember a beautiful deep pass down the sidelines in the rain that Geno dropped right into Clyde Gates' bucket.

19 minutes ago, genot said:

Other than Richardson, they all were colossal busts. I'm sure Mac would be glad to be judged on who he pinned the franchises hopes on compared to Idzik. I'm referring to Darnold and Smith.

Idzik had two drafts. Six years later, Brian Winters is our best OL and Enunwa is our best WR. The only players left from Mac’s first two drafts are Leonard Williams, Jordan Jenkins, the punter, and Brandon Shell. Devin Smith, Lorenzo Mauldin, and Christian Hackenberg are completely out of the league. If Idzik was allowed to hang on for another three years while the teams he put together were handing him top-7 picks, he’d likely have stumbled into a quarterback at some point, too. You’re giving Maccagnan credit because he’s been allowed to burn enough draft picks to finally have Darnold fall into his lap, which happened after he begged Kirk Cousins to take $120 million in cash from Woody Johnson. He is a clown and his continued employment here is a travesty. Comparing Macc’s four drafts to Idzik’s two drafts doesn’t help Maccagnan at all, except as a reminder that Woody Johnson allowed Manish Mehta to bully him into firing his GM once. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Idzik had two drafts. Six years later, Brian Winters is our best OL and Enunwa is our best WR. The only players left from Mac’s first two drafts are Leonard Williams, Jordan Jenkins, the punter, and Brandon Shell. Devin Smith, Lorenzo Mauldin, and Christian Hackenberg are completely out of the league. If Idzik was allowed to hang on for another three years while the teams he put together were handing him top-7 picks, he’d likely have stumbled into a quarterback at some point, too. You’re giving Maccagnan credit because he’s been allowed to burn enough draft picks to finally have Darnold fall into his lap, which happened after he begged Kirk Cousins to take $120 million in cash from Woody Johnson. He is a clown and his continued employment here is a travesty. Comparing Macc’s four drafts to Idzik’s two drafts doesn’t help Maccagnan at all, except as a reminder that Woody Johnson allowed Manish Mehta bully him into firing his GM once. 

Anderson has had more yards his last two years than Enunwa has had his entire career. CMon. Winters isn't better than anyone, i don't think. Better than Osmele. Shell. Beachum. No, No. Mauldin and Smith are out of the league because they couldn't stay healthy. You know that. Our punter, drafted by Mac, has done more to help the Jets, than anybody Idzik ever drafted.

On 4/13/2019 at 10:51 AM, T0mShane said:

Tiger Woods has sucked for a decade now and yet he’s still the only story ESPN chooses to cover in golf, which says a lot about ESPN (which is awful) and golf (also awful)

Classic.  Can you make this your signature?  LOL

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

If your food goes through you in only 20 minutes, I'd go to the doctor, bud.

Just looking out for ya. :)

It’s the strangest thing, I eat and then within 20 minutes I use the toilet and then whatever is in there becomes Mac’s draft picks. It’s the darndest thing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Comparing Macc’s four drafts to Idzik’s two drafts doesn’t help Maccagnan at all, except as a reminder that Woody Johnson allowed Manish Mehta to bully him into firing his GM once. 

It beggars the imagination that people still think comparing Maccagnan to Idzik is some kind of rhetorical coup.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It beggars the imagination that people still think comparing Maccagnan to Idzik is some kind of rhetorical coup.

75% of the vitriol directed at Idzik is because they blame him for ending Rex’s reign of idiocy here. 15% of it is because of his picks. 10% is because Idzik was a Duke grad who wasn’t a deez and doze white trash guy.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

75% of the vitriol directed at Idzik is because they blame him for ending Rex’s reign of idiocy here. 15% of it is because of his picks. 10% is because Idzik was a Duke grad who wasn’t a deez and doze white trash guy.

Would hope the percentages would be 

15% Rex

75% draft picks

10% Duke 

1 minute ago, Bocajetfan said:

Would hope the percentages would be 

15% Rex

75% draft picks

10% Duke 

Boca, it’s not. Rex became a cult figure beyond reproach here because of his first two seasons and those who blindly followed him are in deep, deep denial about who he was and what his legacy is, both here and in Buffalo. He’s a snake, a buffoon, and a pariah in the league, but Jets fans—who went all in for him in 09 and 10, will never admit they were wrong about him so they instead blame John Idzik for ending the Rex Era. It should be noted that Idzik was only employed by a losing franchise once in his life, and that was here, with the Jets. He was in the front office of the Buccaneers when they produced a Super Bowl champion, he helped build the Cardinals team that went to the Super Bowl, he was with the Seahawks when they went to the Super Bowl. Was he a good talent evaluator? No. But it should be noted that the only got the job in the first place because no GM wanted to take a job working with Rex Ryan, who ultimately ended the careers of three different GMs. This is why Rex can’t even get an interview with a D1 college team to be a defensive coordinator anymore: because he’s a cancerous lesion on any organization he works with. Hell, he’s even getting demoted in his TV job because he’s so ******* lazy and inept. 

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Boca, it’s not. Rex became a cult figure beyond reproach here because of his first two seasons and those who blindly followed him are in deep, deep denial about who he was and what his legacy is, both here and in Buffalo. He’s a snake, a buffoon, and a pariah in the league, but Jets fans—who went all in for him in 09 and 10, will never admit they were wrong about him so they instead blame John Idzik for ending the Rex Era. It should be noted that Idzik was only employed by a losing franchise once in his life, and that was here, with the Jets. He was in the front office of the Buccaneers when they produced a Super Bowl champion, he helped build the Cardinals team that went to the Super Bowl, he was with the Seahawks when they went to the Super Bowl. Was he a good talent evaluator? No. But it should be noted that the only got the job in the first place because no GM wanted to take a job working with Rex Ryan, who ultimately ended the careers of three different GMs. This is why Rex can’t even get an interview with a D1 college team to be a defensive coordinator anymore: because he’s a cancerous lesion on any organization he works with. Hell, he’s even getting demoted in his TV job because he’s so ******* lazy and inept. 

Tom I was one of those all in on Rex. In the end IT WAS TIME FOR HIM TO GO. Can you honestly say Idzik drafted well? My dislike for him is for the job he did with draft picks not Rex. Would hope most fans feel that way. Rex is done but how the Jets roster sits today is affected by the job he did here. Thanks John?

On 4/13/2019 at 11:27 AM, Peace Frog said:

Wow. Can’t formulate a lucid argument so attack the arguer. 

Explain to me what package KC would entertain for Mahomes. What could anyone possibly offer them. Nothing. No package. Ever. 

Should we see what we can get for Sam? 

Again, you are advocating a position of offering one of our best young players on a rookie contract that is the defacto face of the franchise for...draft picks that may amount to nothing. 

This is SOJFdom to the max. 

But yeah I’m ignorant, I don’t read books and I’m glued to FOX news. What next, I’m posting from my parents basement? Using up my 5 minutes on the internet?

Wow, you pegged me  

Dont be an ass. 

Bye great avatar. 

Apologies for the delay.  Work interfered.

First of all stop responding to positions that I have not taken.  I have not mentioned Patrick Mahomes at all but since you want to bring it up yet again I do not think that even the most ardent of Adams' supporters are saying that Adams is even close to being as impactful of a player.  Because he is not.  I did however note that Khalil Mack, arguably the most impactful defensive player in the NFL.... Well now, he just got traded.  You can argue that the Raiders did not get enough in return or that they got way too much but either way they found out what the price was before they decided.

I have no position on either side of any potential Adams trade.  I have no position because nobody has come up with a price where I would decide yes I would take that or no i would not take that.  The ONLY point I did make and the one which you seems to have trouble grasping is that a policy of rather determined ignorance, you know the ostrich with his head in the sand policy is pretty much indefensible.

And finally I am very comfortable with the notion that every single player in the NFL has a trade price where it would be negligent on the part of the GM not to pull the trigger on a deal.  Every single player.  Period.  Yes that includes Mahomes too.

5 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Pennington - Blew his freaking arm out

cotchery - didn’t want to compete and was on the downside of his career 

Snacks got priced out - probably should of resigned him over Wilkerson but it is what it is . We wanted him back couldn’t afford what the giants payed . 

Sanu - was never a jet 

I don’t even remember the McKenzie or Douglas situation so maybe your right . 

Either way none of these guys where all pros before they even reached there prime and where shown the door. 

For Hugh Douglas the defense changed and he was a end not a LBer so that was how he was shown the door. For McKenzie hew as a free agent and the Jets needed to spend money elsewhere but lets not pretend McKenzie as as a good as Hugh he was part of a line that had 1k rusher but had limitations as a pass blocker

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think your numbers are skewed. I think the fact he did not draft well did him in period nothing to do with Rex. his time had came and went they needed a change at HC. It has nothign to do with him not being white trash it had to do with him not being able to pick