Adam Gase: Jets Have Tools,Players,Game Plan to Dethrone Patriots in AFC East

joewilly12

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Unless you play for his favorite team...

Funny how this need to reel it in thing works.

Gase or actually Mosely needs to just shut up and win.

Baker is the fired up type of leader all teams need.  

54 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

See how you're not talking "football" yet giving advice about sticking to talking football? 

The reason why your advice isnt worth much, because your actions dont reflect the advice. 

You should stick to the topic of this thread and stop attacking people. 

You've called him a tool and a douchebag. He didnt say anything about you to provoke such a response from you in this thread. 

Now imagine if I went to Ghost and said "Stop criticizing Jets fans". All he's going to do is look at me stupid and say "How did you miss all of the attacks from this person". 

Like I said, you should stop being partial and get back on the topic or block folks you dont respect. Because you're attacking people now 

Did you notice that I didn't call you names?  There is a reason for that.  It's called respect.  There is also a reason I called him names.  It is called history.  That's due to a lack of respect due to the "history" with this "person".  Hope that clears it up for you.  I'm glad the two of you now share a connection.  That gives him an alliance of one in this forum.  He sure could use one.

By the way, you keep mentioning the need to "stay on topic".  That ideology is contrary to the premise of "trolling", is it not?  To be a true troll is to illicit a prompted response. preferably negative, from usually an unpopular or outlandish position.  Why should the "topic" matter to you?  Maybe "Villain" should work on his game.  ?

45 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Did you notice that I didn't call you names?  There is a reason for that.  It's called respect.  There is also a reason I called him names.  It is called history. 

Name calling isnt allowed here, for respect reasons. I can see that you have a history with him, but when you referenced me and him together, you unfairly leaned on that history when it wasnt relevant. 

That's like the emotions of folks who follow me daily. It's based on history of past threads. This is exactly the stuff that Ghost was noticing, and the man was absolutely right when he spoke on it. 

That's due to a lack of respect due to the "history" with this "person".  Hope that clears it up for you.  I'm glad the two of you now share a connection.  That gives him an alliance of one in this forum.  He sure could use one.

What does that have to do with the topic? See how history and your feelings on it contribute to pushing this topic off topic? Thats exactly what Ghost seen when he seen folks in this thread talk about Baker Mayfield, the Browns or Villain. 

You're proving his position by your actions. You're acting just like what he was exposing. 

By the way, you keep mentioning the need to "stay on topic".  That ideology is contrary to the premise of "trolling", is it not?  To be a true troll is to illicit a prompted response. preferably negative, from usually an unpopular or outlandish position.  Why should the "topic" matter to you?  Maybe "Villain" should work on his game.  ?

Im going to get back on topic :-) 

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Name calling isnt allowed here, for respect reasons. I can see that you have a history with him, but when you referenced me and him together, you unfairly leaned on that history when it wasnt relevant. 

That's like the emotions of folks who follow me daily. It's based on history of past threads. This is exactly the stuff that Ghost was noticing, and the man was absolutely right when he spoke on it. 

What does that have to do with the topic? See how history and your feelings on it contribute to pushing this topic off topic? Thats exactly what Ghost seen when he seen folks in this thread talk about Baker Mayfield, the Browns or Villain. 

You're proving his position by your actions. You're acting just like what he was exposing. 

Im going to get back on topic :-) 

Wait..ha ha..I just read what he typed..

There is/ was no history!! He responded to me in another thread Similar to how he has responded to you in this thread..and my replies were just the same as they are now..

Ha ha..@ at him really trying to turn a internet back n forth Into something it never will be..

Oh nooo..he doesnt respect me...what would I ever do!

On 4/17/2019 at 4:39 PM, slats said:

Not for nothing, but this is Mosley relating what Gase told him, personally, presumably while recruiting him to the Jets, not Gase mouthing off to reporters. Two remarkably different things. 

Also, I liked the way that crappy fish team beat the cheats on maybe the most exciting play of 2018. 

I like that they were close enough at the end of the game to win on a play like that.  I will start with that and go from there.

55 minutes ago, jack48 said:

at least Rex knocked th Pats out of the playoffs once  He just had no Plan B, and a cornball act to boot

Amazing Rex got a wild card team to back to back afccg with Mark fing Sanchez ?.. if we had a decent qb who didn’t need a color coded bracelet, we likely pick up a 2 seed, get some home field and that crucial first round bye. Farve was a mvp runner up in 09, imagine if he had stayed and we had him instead of Butt fumble boy? ?

2 hours ago, jack48 said:

at least Rex knocked th Pats out of the playoffs once  He just had no Plan B, and a cornball act to boot

Well, that was the least he could do. However, his mouth didnt match with the results, which led him to be that cornball 

And I know it wasnt Gase talking publicly, but a player talking about what Gase said to them, and that applies to players as well. 

It would be great to talk about that plan after it's been executed, like how the Jets destroyed the Lions in week 1 then spoke afterwards about how they did it. The impact is more tangible when you do that. 

7 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Amazing Rex got a wild card team to back to back afccg with Mark fing Sanchez ?.. if we had a decent qb who didn’t need a color coded bracelet, we likely pick up a 2 seed, get some home field and that crucial first round bye. Farve was a mvp runner up in 09, imagine if he had stayed and we had him instead of Butt fumble boy? ?

he also got a veteran team handed to him though

8 hours ago, jack48 said:

he also got a veteran team handed to him though

Glad you pointed out Rex took basically the exact same defense, who as you say “ handed to him” plus Bart Scott.. a D that was ranked 16, 18, 2 years before Rex Ryan. He immediately made that D number 1, and 3 His first 2 years. We owe that huge turn around Bart Scott ? Or just luck ??.. Rex was a bad gm though. We had a gm then who was just like mac. A moron who listened to his HC.. mangini was a Shiit HC, but he was smart enough to build up the OL, grabbed revis...other key players.

16 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

It's gone so well for coaches who have come into the AFC East talking about dethroning the patriots. I remember a few years back the Dolphins coach...oh..well..sh*t.

Exactly. And as the Dolphins HC, dude had a 2-4 record against the Pats, and it would have been 1-5 if it wasnt for Belichick thinking that it would be a genius move to put Gronk at saftey instead of putting a safety at safety.

You should have the intention of beating every opponent, but all im saying is how about establishing consistency beating the other division teams or the other 14 games we play in the season? Dethroning the Patriots doesnt just mean beating them twice. It doesnt even mean winning the division. The Patriots have gone to 9 SB's and won 6 of them. Dethroning the Patriots means that the Patriots have to go through you to win the division and make it to the SB. It's very extra when you put the statement in context. We need to focus on playing disciplined football, adding talent to our offense and winning games, no matter the opponent. 

We can lose to the Patriots twice and still go 14-2 if we beat everyone else. The problem isnt the Patriots, the problem is talking about the Patriots when your record is 4-12 or 5-11. That means that not only are you losing to the Patriots, but you're losing to the rest of the league, as well as your division rivals. 

Maybe we should focus on his Dolphins before we concentrate on the Patriots. 

We're 1-5 against the Dolphins in our last 6 meetings going back to the 2016 season. 

We should practice consistently beating the Bills and the Dolphins and establishing a positive division record before we start trying to dethrone the Patriots. 

Do you know that last time we beat the Patriots within regulation (without having to go to overtime)? 

2011!

How f'ing ridiculous is that? And since that game in 2011 the Jets are 2-14 with both of their wins being OT wins and we're currently on a 6 game losing streak, having beaten the Patriots the last time in 2015...Bowles rookie year as HC. 

You dont go from this history to dethroning Alltime great coaches and QB's. We havent even learned how to beat other teams in the league yet. That's my problem with Mosley talking about this publicly and making it a "thing". Gase (Mosley) should concentrate on having a positive record in the division and beating AFC teams so we can make the playoffs. 

9 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Glad you pointed out Rex took basically the exact same defense, who as you say “ handed to him” plus Bart Scott.. a D that was ranked 16, 18, 2 years before Rex Ryan. He immediately made that D number 1, and 3 His first 2 years. We owe that huge turn around Bart Scott ? Or just luck ??.. Rex was a bad gm though. We had a gm then who was just like mac. A moron who listened to his HC.. mangini was a Shiit HC, but he was smart enough to build up the OL, grabbed revis...other key players.

i was thinking more of the running game, whoch proteced Sanchez for two years

2 hours ago, jack48 said:

i was thinking more of the running game, whoch proteced Sanchez for two years

Ya, we had a great OL, unlike now. Average RBs but didn’t matter with OL we had. Hopefully bell can overcompensate, he is coming from a team team that had a very good OL

17 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Ya, we had a great OL, unlike now. Average RBs but didn’t matter with OL we had. Hopefully bell can overcompensate, he is coming from a team team that had a very good OL

The OL protected Sanchez and made errors less likely

5 minutes ago, jack48 said:

The OL protected Sanchez and made errors less likely

Ya, they just couldn’t do anything about his love for turning the ball over.. that is why he couldn’t hack it in the nfl, without a all pro line. Imagine what Sam could be if he had OL close to what mark had

Archived