Falcons Asst. GM Scott Pioli steps down to pursue other opportunities

GREENBEAN

IMO no way in hell any sane individual will step down from their current GM position with a talented team just because they couldnt wait to jump at the opportunity to be a possible candidate for the jets GM job. 

If he is looking to seek this job, then i would be worried about his reasons from leaving Atl in the first place

I'd feel a lot better about Pioli. Not only is he a proven talent, at least with him as GM I'd feel like he was actually running things here. With Douglas, I can't shake the feeling that Gase would be behind the curtain pulling the strings.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

IMO no way in hell any sane individual will step down from their current GM position with a talented team just because they couldnt wait to jump at the opportunity to be a possible candidate for the jets GM job. 

If he is looking to seek this job, then i would be worried about his reasons from leaving Atl in the first place

The Tuna left a Super Bowl team to take over the 1-15 Jets..:beer:

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

The Falcons went to the Super Bowl 3 years ago. 2 years ago they got in to the playoffs at 10-6 and then last year the team went 7-9 despite Ryan/Julio being healthy the whole year. They did suffer other injuries but they are not in a great cap situation and Ryan is losing some love around the league. Coming to a young team, with a very cheap franchise QB and some other good young players isn't that crazy. 

With that said, he wouldn't step down on the "chance" of getting the job, he would have waited until the Jets offered him the job. So there is likely something else to this situation. 

I know it's fun to bash the Jets, but if you are a potential GM candidate there are far worse situations to land than one with Sam Darnold in year 2. 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The Falcons went to the Super Bowl 3 years ago. 2 years ago they got in to the playoffs at 10-6 and then last year the team went 7-9 despite Ryan/Julio being healthy the whole year. They did suffer other injuries but they are not in a great cap situation and Ryan is losing some love around the league. Coming to a young team, with a very cheap franchise QB and some other good young players isn't that crazy. 

With that said, he wouldn't step down on the "chance" of getting the job, he would have waited until the Jets offered him the job. So there is likely something else to this situation. 

I know it's fun to bash the Jets, but if you are a potential GM candidate there are far worse situations to land than one with Sam Darnold in year 2. 

"Sam Darnold" isnt the answer to every question, especially when you already have Matt Ryan, all of the facts written above which is still better than having one of the longest playoff droughts in professional organized sports...and you realize that you are leaving that willingly in order to work for one of the worst team owners with an unpredictable rogue head coach. 

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I'd feel a lot better about Pioli. Not only is he a proven talent, at least with him as GM I'd feel like he was actually running things here. With Douglas, I can't shake the feeling that Gase would be behind the curtain pulling the strings.

they dont really like him and the big complaint is he ignored the oline...till this yr though

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Disagree. The bar is low for success with Jets. QB found. Great place to show you still have it.

Archived