Gase cleansing stench of this team

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Not to mention that any player's stats are going to be impacted by the quality of the unti around him. The Jets had mediocre linebackers, underperforming CB's, and a line that was decent against the run and poor against the pass. Adams will only get better as the defensive unit improves. Rising tide lifts all boats, as they say. 

Great point. The Jets defense was an underwhelming defense overall, but the poorest part of that defense was pass rush. Jamal Adams is so versatile that he was used  as a guy to establish pressure, make stops in the backfield and to stop the RB. But the craziest thing about that, is that folks act as if he's only doing this from in the box. Alot of times Jamal Adams is making plays at or near the LOS and he's 8 to 10 yards away from the Line of Scrimmage because he's shadowing a receiver in coverage

Anyone looking to challenge that or criticize Adams as a coverage safety or a complete safety in general only has to check out week 12 against the Patriots. 

Look at at this video and tell me that this guy has coverage problems or lacks the ability to make plays around the LOS while outside of the box in coverage. This guy is all over the field, but what I loved most about this game is that it shuts up the critics that call him solely a "box safety". 

Jamal Adams is a top 5 safety in the league, and this is what a top 5 safety looks like against the best QB/TE tandem in NFL history.

This dude has coverage ability, twitchy instincts and top level pursuit towards the ball carrier.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Only Jet fans argue over the value of their all pro safety (even after they've nailed their franchise QB). 

Franchise QB- ✔️

All Pro RB- ✔️

All Pro Safety- ✔️

All Pro LB- ✔️

Jamal Adams pick is water under the bridge. Macc has already been fired and all of the GMs being looked at have better resumes than Macc. Chris Johnson is changing the direction of this team toward finally taking over the AFC East for the 1st time in our sorry history. Continue bitching.

Exactly. Jets fans need to stop throwing shade at Adams for something he had no control over. 

And ironically, Jets fans should be more than happy given that so many wanted Darnold anyway. So you end up with your favorite QB and have an all pro Safety. 

When was the last time we even drafted and all-pro at ANY POSITION???? lol. Darrelle Revis maybe. I couldnt tell you the last all pro we had on this team that "we drafted" because our draft picks usually end up being busts or a solid player but clearly over drafted/overhyped like Leo Williams.  

• Upvote 1

When all that is left on the Roster are Mac guys some fans will see it that way. Truth be told preference will be the deciding factor on who stays not who signed them
Performance and scheme fit are good deciding factors. I don't like preference if that is coming from the same guy who preferer Jay ajayi and Jarvis Landry to be off the team without any viable replacements. That is where my concerns are. If the off-season went by and Greg Williams says he doesn't like Leo and isn't interested in him holding the roster spot I could live with that. If the off-season went by and gase picks a fight with Leo for seemingly no reason and trades him away for penuts I will be irate.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Performance and scheme fit are good deciding factors. I don't like preference if that is coming from the same guy who preferer Jay ajayi and Jarvis Landry to be off the team without any viable replacements. That is where my concerns are. If the off-season went by and Greg Williams says he doesn't like Leo and isn't interested in him holding the roster spot I could live with that. If the off-season went by and gase picks a fight with Leo for seemingly no reason and trades him away for penuts I will be irate.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

People bring up Jay ajayi and Jarvis Landry without seeing the big picture. Ajayi was becoming a major distraction and to my recollection the Fins didn’t really loose major production at RB after the trade. Landry was more a cap casualty due to his asking price and the cap situation the Fin’s were in thanks to Tanny’s cap management.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Exactly. Jets fans need to stop throwing shade at Adams for something he had no control over. 

And ironically, Jets fans should be more than happy given that so many wanted Darnold anyway. So you end up with your favorite QB and have an all pro Safety. 

When was the last time we even drafted and all-pro at ANY POSITION???? lol. Darrelle Revis maybe. I couldnt tell you the last all pro we had on this team that "we drafted" because our draft picks usually end up being busts or a solid player but clearly over drafted/overhyped like Leo Williams.  

Adams is outstanding, and Darnold will be the same.

This to me takes all the sting out of thinking that the Jets missed out on a Franchise QB to pick a Safety, which I always would have felt had Gettleman not sent the Jets a generational gift.

Only young QB I’d rather have over Darnold is Mahomes and there will be times in the future where Darnold outplays Mahomes.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Adams is outstanding, and Darnold will be the same.

This to me takes all the sting out of thinking that the Jets missed out on a Franchise QB to pick a Safety, which I always would have felt had Gettleman not sent the Jets a generational gift.

Only young QB I’d rather have over Darnold is Mahomes and there will be times in the future where Darnold outplays Mahomes.

I love the Gase press conference where he's asked where they rated Darnold compared the the other QBs. He's like "we didn't look at Darnold, we thought he'd be the #1 pick overall, we only looked at tape of Josh Allen & Baker Mayfield". 

Coming from a QB guy....schwing. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I love the Gase press conference where he's asked where they rated Darnold compared the the other QBs. He's like "we didn't look at Darnold, we thought he'd be the #1 pick overall, we only looked at tape of Josh Allen & Baker Mayfield". 

Yup, make sure you read the SI article someone just posted.  Gase says Darnold is eating up all the tape of virtually everything Gase has been in control of Denver, Chicago, Miami.

He also has lots of Peyton Manning questions..”Why’d he do this?  Why’d he do that?”

Kid is “The Natural” physically and now you’re seeing it mentally.

Gase knows exactly what to give him to succeed. Be it personnel or X’a and O’s.

I’m telling you, and this will be coming pretty soon, when the Jets score less than 30 points in a game you’ll just say “rare off week for Sammy”.

On 5/21/2019 at 4:58 PM, Jetster said:

If Leo wants a new contract with the Jets he needs to ball out. No more getting these HUGE CONTRACTS because you just happen to be one of the Jets better draft picks out of a slew of sh*tty draft picks. 

What good is Marcus Maye on the sideline? About as good as Milliner. 

Pretty simple for Leo I cant understand the hate if he plays well he get paid here. He has been healthy but Bowles and the scheme has something to do with the lack of plays from him. He looks at dl as occupying space. First yr in Tampa and they cut McCoy who averages about 6 to 7 sacks a yr cost scheme and age comes into play here but if he stayed his production would have gone down

Honestly though who from early in that draft has shined? Some players are on their second team some are out of the league

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

And the narrative of the reporters and SOJF's was that Gase didn't want Darnold. 

2 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Yup, make sure you read the SI article someone just posted.  Gase says Darnold is eating up all the tape of virtually everything Gase has been in control of Denver, Chicago, Miami.

He also has lots of Peyton Manning questions..”Why’d he do this?  Why’d he do that?”

Kid is “The Natural” physically and now you’re seeing it mentally.

Gase knows exactly what to give him to succeed. Be it personnel or X’a and O’s.

I’m telling you, and this will be coming pretty soon, when the Jets score less than 30 points in a game you’ll just say “rare off week for Sammy”.

He looked for similiar film under Bowles but was directed to the micro fiche at the library titled Leather Helmet Football

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Great point. The Jets defense was an underwhelming defense overall, but the poorest part of that defense was pass rush.

That statement is simply not true. Our pass rush was actually slightly above average in both pressures and sacks. The reality is that we did not have the secondary to support Bowles pressure, Bowles often played soft zone behind pressure (which is idiotic) and Bowles consistently played a soft and super conservative defense late in games and when we had leads. One of these days people will realize that pass rush is important, but NOT the most important element of a defense especially in the modern NFL specifically designed to counter the pass rush.

• Upvote 1

On 5/21/2019 at 7:36 AM, Jetster said:

Gase has made it very clear your draft status means absolutely nothing to him. Macc protected his picks much too long and I can guarantee you players like Marcus Maye & Leonard Williams have gotten the message. 

Its time to produce & if your not on board your left at the train station. This was long overdue with Bowles & Rogers Herm Edwards like barbecue camp. Gase wants a 53 roster with players ready to go, fighting to play & all in. 

People can bash his record but the truth is your not going to win in this league with a portion of your roster dragging on the bottom. So do you want to keep losing with lazy players or want a guy at the top that free agents look to & understand immediately your not going to be allowed on autopilot. I think this is the issue he has with Le'veon Bell. He has no idea yet if this guy really wants to be the best ever or cash in with a notoriously losing organization & ride off in the sunset with his millions with little effort. 

What Bell brings to this team starting in the opener will have a lot to do with Sams success. If we get an all in Le'veon, wow. Gase has everyone on notice under his watch he expects focus & attention to collect your check. 

Its been a long time coming here. Losing is accepted way to easily here. 

I find this to be rather ridiculous? Given how promising Mayes rookie season was, our GM would be an idiot to simply get rid of him after one disappointing, injury riddled season. That's why Adam Gase has done NOTHING with Marcus Maye. Because he's smart enough to know there's very good talent there that had one unfortunate injury filled season.

In regards to LW? Williams may not be JJ Watt, but he's still a solid player. Now the Jets, should not exercise his 5th year option at the asking price. He hasn't played up to that kind of salary. Regardless of how disappointing you think he is, Gase would be an idiot not to at least try to retain him at a lower price. He's a good player.

But most of all, I'm a fan of the Gase hiring. But that doesn't mean the guy can do no wrong? That's foolish. That's like voting for a certain person in the presidential election because you like EVERYTHING that he stands for. I doubt anyone has ever liked every single decision your coach makes? It's a tough and sometimes very unpopular job.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

That statement is simply not true. Our pass rush was actually slightly above average in both pressures and sacks. The reality is that we did not have the secondary to support Bowles pressure, Bowles often played soft zone behind pressure (which is idiotic) and Bowles consistently played a soft and super conservative defense late in games and when we had leads. One of these days people will realize that pass rush is important, but NOT the most important element of a defense especially in the modern NFL specifically designed to counter the pass rush.

Show me those stats based on a 4 man rush (no blitz) and I'll gladly stand corrected

On 5/21/2019 at 2:06 PM, Jet Nut said:

And those who only can discuss numbers will recite that number over and over again without looking past the number. 

No those who do not look at his history will be stuck. There is no evidence besides a happy feeling here he will be successful.

he has never developed a young qb his best yr was with Manning so I ask did manning make him? I would think so.  he had issues in miami with players stars and vets alike he rubbed people from the owner to the players wrong and he failed upwards here. Only in NY can you have a loosing record get fired for screaming at the owner and alienating players, no only get hired but get promoted.

Will Gase be good here I don't know as a Jet fan I hope s.o but as someone who read the articles n why he failed in Miami how he ignored guards on the oline because Manning got rid of the ball so quick.

There are just as many bad reasons to why he might fail as there are good as to why he might succeed

4 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

And the narrative of the reporters and SOJF's was that Gase didn't want Darnold. 

actually that started in Miami, when a reporter asked him who he liked at qb in the draft last yr. He mentioned everyone but Sam.

His reason is now it was because they thought Sam would go first

2 hours ago, rammagen said:

No those who do not look at his history will be stuck. There is no evidence besides a happy feeling here he will be successful.

he has never developed a young qb his best yr was with Manning so I ask did manning make him? I would think so.  he had issues in miami with players stars and vets alike he rubbed people from the owner to the players wrong and he failed upwards here. Only in NY can you have a loosing record get fired for screaming at the owner and alienating players, no only get hired but get promoted.

Will Gase be good here I don't know as a Jet fan I hope s.o but as someone who read the articles n why he failed in Miami how he ignored guards on the oline because Manning got rid of the ball so quick.

There are just as many bad reasons to why he might fail as there are good as to why he might succeed

What history?  The kind that tells you two games under .500 for 3 years, two missing your starting QB is all telling?  Don't need to look into the numbers? Ok.

He never developed a QB.  Lol, let's penalize him for getting Tebow to the playoffs, get a playoff win, Cisco Peyton to his all time greatest season, set all time records for an O in Denver.  Turn Cutler into a good QB.  Get Tannehill to the pro bowl, 4300yds, 24tds and 14ints.  Bad job.  Let's kill him for succeeding by whining about young QBs. Brilliant.

Lol, when did he ignore guards? 

14 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

We? ?

Oui Oui!!

Additions by subtractions:

Buster Skrine - horrific nickelback who got PI calls like crazy

Darron Lee - soft b-tch who was every tight end’s dream matchup in coverage

Leo - next to go, would have been the next Mo Wilk contract debacle if Macc had his way

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

What history?  The kind that tells you two games under .500 for 3 years, two missing your starting QB is all telling?  Don't need to look into the numbers? Ok.

He never developed a QB.  Lol, let's penalize him for getting Tebow to the playoffs, get a playoff win, Cisco Peyton to his all time greatest season, set all time records for an O in Denver.  Turn Cutler into a good QB.  Get Tannehill to the pro bowl, 4300yds, 24tds and 14ints.  Bad job.  Let's kill him for succeeding by whining about young QBs. Brilliant.

(Gase) 2 games under .500 with 1x playoff appearance vs Macc (20 games under .500) 0 playoff appearances 

During the same 3 year time span

• Upvote 1

On 5/27/2019 at 4:50 AM, Villain The Foe said:

Obviously he deserves to be All-Pro because the folks who have always decided determined that he did. The fans and the league determined that he was a pro bowler. 

If you "really" believed that it was just his big mouth with the press, then you would have no problem taking a friendly bet that the players would view him differently. You're essentially saying that the press has grossly overrated him because of how he speaks, yet wont put it to the test, which is why I doesnt bother me to no end. Why would something bother me that you wont even put to the test? Makes no sense. 

The point wasnt that Adams was a stupid pick at the time. That was what you were trying to make this into. You were making this a Maccagnan thing, and by doing so trashing Adams.

This was never about Macc's pick in comparison to other players on the board. This was simply about Adams production, and there's more to his job than accumulating INT's. 

WOOOOAH! SHOTS FIRED!!!! Who's feeling some type of way now!! lol. A filthy casual??? Okay, I'll take that. Obviously us casuals, like the press, no nothing. Clearly THE PLAYERS do though....right?????

There you go, moving the goal post for like the 5th time. Now you're talking HOF, for a 2nd year player? You're trying way to hard to hate on this dude. We get it, you wanted Mahomes or Watson. That's not his fault. 

I will counter that passive aggressiveness with this:

June is around the corner, and not only will Adams make the top 100 list (being the first Jet to make the list since 2016) but he will be among the top 3 to 5 safeties, as voted by his peers, because he's a top 3/top 5 safety in all of football. 

And when it happens, take note that it was a casual in your eyes that told you so, then the players proved him right. 

Ironic how someone can talk about another person having a big mouth but wont take even a friendly bet to back up what their own mouth says. 

I may have a limited commitment in your eyes, but I have enough commitment to bet that a Jets player was indeed a top 3 to 5 player at his position last year.

I will make a bet with you,,,I will bet you can't go a week without offering up that ignorant bet again,,, we have heard it already too many times then we want....he told you he is not going to bet.

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

lol? At least pretend to read about the coach of your favorite as to why he might have failed in previous stops

he ignored guards in Miami according to the article manning made him rethink that because he got rid of the ball so quick here is one article about there are a few more

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article223850050.html

I am not penalizing him for not developing a young qb but rather countering the point that people think he developed a young qb. he did such a good job developing Tebow he is playing baseball now. There was a hitch in his motion that was never fixed.

Let's not pretend he had tebow working wonders 12 tds versus 6 ints and a whopping  1729 yards thrown. in 14 games  less then 125 yards per game. but lets give props...hardy he game planned well and things broke the right way for them, but developed nope. If he did then we could write that off as a failure rather then not count it. Because of Tebow was developed he would still be in the NFL where bad qbs stick around case in point Geno Smith.

I stand by my comment Manning made Gase not the other way around. Was manning a hall of famer before going to the broncos, yes he was. 

Lets talk about Cutler, it is not like he was a complete stiff either he was ok before Gase . His qb rating was in teh 80s to high 70s with gase he hit 92% one yr then completely failed in Miami with Gase.

Now lets discuss Tannehill, missing your starting qb for two yrs. IMHO you can write that off as a failure to develop another qb , injuries are part of the game. That is an excuse, if he was all that and slice of bread, he would have won at a better rate we have seen other coaches be successful and win superbowls without their starting qbs.

he won 10 games with a weak schedule when the schedule got tougher next yr 6 and 10 the yr after 7 and 9. When you take into account the 10 win season was against one of the softest schedules in the league it proved to be fools gold. When the scheduled got tougher they did not perform.

• Thumb Down 1

24 minutes ago, rammagen said:

lol? At least pretend to read about the coach of your favorite as to why he might have failed in previous stops

he ignored guards in Miami according to the article manning made him rethink that because he got rid of the ball so quick here is one article about there are a few more

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article223850050.html

I am not penalizing him for not developing a young qb but rather countering the point that people think he developed a young qb. he did such a good job developing Tebow he is playing baseball now. There was a hitch in his motion that was never fixed.

Let's not pretend he had tebow working wonders 12 tds versus 6 ints and a whopping  1729 yards thrown. in 14 games  less then 125 yards per game. but lets give props...hardy he game planned well and things broke the right way for them, but developed nope. If he did then we could write that off as a failure rather then not count it. Because of Tebow was developed he would still be in the NFL where bad qbs stick around case in point Geno Smith.

I stand by my comment Manning made Gase not the other way around. Was manning a hall of famer before going to the broncos, yes he was. 

Lets talk about Cutler, it is not like he was a complete stiff either he was ok before Gase . His qb rating was in teh 80s to high 70s with gase he hit 92% one yr then completely failed in Miami with Gase.

Now lets discuss Tannehill, missing your starting qb for two yrs. IMHO you can write that off as a failure to develop another qb , injuries are part of the game. That is an excuse, if he was all that and slice of bread, he would have won at a better rate we have seen other coaches be successful and win superbowls without their starting qbs.

he won 10 games with a weak schedule when the schedule got tougher next yr 6 and 10 the yr after 7 and 9. When you take into account the 10 win season was against one of the softest schedules in the league it proved to be fools gold. When the scheduled got tougher they did not perform.

The defense when there is none.... Easy schedule.

• Thumb Down 1

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

The defense when there is none.... Easy schedule.

facts are facts it seems you want to have no counter for logical assessments. At least I give facts and stats to back the narrative I support where as you seem to have a gut feeling and seem content to drag this out when you are not supplying any valid points to counter what I have posted.  To have somewhat of a productive conversation on this you have to have more then a gut feeling.

I gave facts and stats and you the above that is an argument for the sake of an argument with no valid points to counter mine. At least I had the courtesy to links to articles and took the time to give stats. If you are feel happy using Tim Tebow who threw for 125 yrds per game as a success story go for it. But do not expect anyone with some logic to accept that at face value.

There is no point in carrying this on if you give the above without having any logical argument. I stand by my points posted earlier

Manning Made Gase, Gase and Cutler had one yr where he threw for 92 qb rating. Tannehill regressed and his best yr was not under Gase but was in  2015, so please check your references. Gase did not arrive till 2016 so the stats you gave where he threw for 2400 yrds and 24 tds were under a different coach. But dont let facts stand in the way of your good story. Even if the facts you are citing are wrong

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TannRy00.htm 

2015 Miami Dolphins season
Head coach Joe Philbin (fired on October 5; 1–3 record) Dan Campbell (interim; 5–7 record)
General manager Dennis Hickey
Owner Stephen M. Ross
Home field Sun Life Stadium

Have a nice day

Edit:

Looks like @Jet Nut has an issue with basic facts but dont let facts get in the way of your cool story. You made statements such Tannehill throwing for 2400 yrds under Gase and you were wrong. If you dont like getting called out on the facts, then either confirm them before posting or dont post them. Same thing with your Tebow statements, Gase has yet to prove he is QB Guru with a young QB, of the 2 young qbs he had one is playing baseball and the other regressed and is in Memphis.

The fact you buttfumbled this shows you have no logical reply other then you have a feeling and maybe Ms Cleo agrees with you in case you forget this is your statement Jet nut

'Get Tannehill to the pro bowl, 4300yds, 24tds and 14ints.' nope he didn't, Cutler was better then average high 70s low 80s qb rating he had him one yr with a rating of 92% and the next time they paired up he failed miserably. Like I said maybe you can get your facts straight and present something logical, but outside of one yr with Manning where I think Manning made Gase he has not had some miracle career. He turned Tebow into a baseball player because for a qb guru he could not fix his mechanics, there is a start

• Thumb Down 1