Jump to content
Jetsfan80

Jamal Adams lone Jet on NFL.com "All-Analytics Team"

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Nobody is groveling. 

11 spots on defense, we have the best in the league at one of the 11 positions. 

I guess an easy/lazy response is we could have won 9 games in 2 years with a lesser player at SS but we likely could have won 9 games in 2 years with lesser players at almost every position. 

 

 

I’ll cut you people a deal: Jamal Adams starts doing things that demonstrably effect the outcome of a game and I’ll give him credit for those things.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

cynthia-frelund.jpg

Excellent post!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’ll cut you people a deal

Dominating AND benevolent.

Name a more iconic duo, I'll wait.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

cynthia-frelund.jpg

 

Upper right hand corner.

Is that a...butt fumble trophy?

WTF.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

 

It’s the response to the argument that he’s an impact player we, the groveling fan, should be grateful to have wearing the uniform 

Highkey Sanchez vibe to the way a lot of these guys talk about Adams

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Highkey Sanchez vibe to the way a lot of these guys talk about Adams

The unyielding, never-plateauing, perpetually ascending development arc.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The unyielding, never-plateauing, perpetually ascending development arc.

The winner who doesn’t actually win

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JiF said:

This might have become my favorite Jamal Adams thread ever.  Now he's not a leader or an impact player because the Jets have only won 9 games since he's been here?  lmfao.  What an utterly stupid and ridiculous criteria.

When you think about it, Von Miller sucks.  The Broncos have only won 11 games the last 2 years.  If he was sooooo great, wouldnt they have more wins?

Jalen Ramsey sucks too, the Jags have only average 6 wins a year since he became the best corner in Football.  Yannik Nagakoue, Calais Campbell, AJ Boye, those dudes suck!  Look at their record!  

 

I get what you're saying, but Von Miller has a Super Bowl ring and Jalen Ramsey has a division title and an AFC Championship game appearance (and they only lost to the Patriots on the road by 4 points).  Jamal Adams hasn't won anything of significance even dating back to his LSU days. 

It wouldn't matter except that Adams is the self-proclaimed leader of the defense and calls himself the Pres.  When you give yourself that title less than 2 years into your career, it follows you when the team doesn't win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

I get what you're saying, but Von Miller has a Super Bowl ring and Jalen Ramsey has a division title and an AFC Championship game appearance (and they only lost to the Patriots on the road by 4 points).  Jamal Adams hasn't won anything of significance even dating back to his LSU days. 

It wouldn't matter except that Adams is the self-proclaimed leader of the defense and calls himself the Pres.  When you give yourself that title less than 2 years into your career, it follows you when the team doesn't win. 

Bad examples:  I forgot those teams saw a moment of success which validates said players importance.

Let's use:

Miles Garrett - the Browns suck, therefore, he sucks and doesnt impact the game.

Lavonte David.  the Bucs suck, therefore, he sucks and dosent not impact the game.

Chandler Jones.  the Cardinals suck, therefore, he sucks and doesnt impact the game.

Darius Slay.  the Lions sucks, therefore he sucks and doesnt impact the game.

Micah Hyde.  the Bills suck, therefore he sucks and doesnt impact the game.

Deforest Buckner.  the 49ers suck, therefore he sucks and doesnt impact the game.

Ryan Kerrigan.  the Redskins suck, therefore he sucks and doesnt impact the game. 

Should I carry on? or can we agree that of all the stupid Jamal Adams takes out there, this is bar none the most stupid. 

A few things about your last comment; your calling him self proclaimed, do you think the team doesnt view Jamal as the leader of the D?  And he talks about himself, not the team, and backs it up by being the best at what he does in the league.  Nobody cares that he talks and the Jets dont win because nobody has expected the Jets to win.  They've sucked something awful and one of the few bright spots on the team, is Jamal Adams.

If the Jets win 10+ games and the D is good?  Is Jamal Adams suddenly a good player who impacts the game?

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JiF said:

A few things about your last comment; your calling him self proclaimed, do you think the team doesnt view Jamal as the leader of the D?

If the Jets win 10+ games and the D is good?  Is Jamal Adams suddenly a good player who impacts the game? 

 

I imagine they view CJ Mosley as the leader now. 

Also, the D ranked what, # 29 last year?  Come on.  Jamal is a very good player but he is never going to be more than the 3rd most important player on the defense because of his skillset.

He doesn't win AND his abilities aren't all that impactful.  If he has "intangible" impact as the leader of the D, that isn't showing up in the results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JiF said:

This might have become my favorite Jamal Adams thread ever.  Now he's not a leader or an impact player because the Jets have only won 9 games since he's been here?  lmfao.  What an utterly stupid and ridiculous criteria.

When you think about it, Von Miller sucks.  The Broncos have only won 11 games the last 2 years.  If he was sooooo great, wouldnt they have more wins?

Jalen Ramsey sucks too, the Jags have only average 6 wins a year since he became the best corner in Football.  Yannik Nagakoue, Calais Campbell, AJ Boye, those dudes suck!  Look at their record! 

Yeah jacksonville being 5th and 2nd the last two years in defense and jalen ramseys 9 ints in three years totally equate to jamals 1 career int and the jets floundering in the 20s on defense.

We are not sure if Adams is a great leader though because he is not at voluntary works outs it seems.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We are not sure if Adams is a great leader though because he is not at voluntary works outs it seems.

Isn't a leader supposed to be the first one in the building, last one out? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I imagine they view CJ Mosley as the leader now. 

Also, the D ranked what, # 29 last year?  Come on.  Jamal is a very good player but he is never going to be more than the 3rd most important player on the defense because of his skillset.

He doesn't win AND his abilities aren't all that impactful.  If he has "intangible" impact as the leader of the D, that isn't showing up in the results. 

Meh.  Everything I've read, CJ is a quiet guy and he admittedly has said he is just settingling into his new home, learning the system and hasnt asserted himself as a leader because that's not his style.  I dont think the dudes that have been here just immediately move Jamal out of the way.  Either way, teams have more than 1 leader and you're lying if you say the team doesnt view Jamal as one of them.

And you're once again using terrible criteria to judge his impact.  Plenty of great players who impact the game immensely play on terrible D's.   I could legit make the same exact list with great players on terrible D's.

Winning is a stupid criteria to judge him on.  He plays for the sh*tty Jets on one of the worst rosters in the league over his time here with the worst coaching staff I've ever seen.   He had Josh McCown and Bryce Petty and 21 year old youngest week 1 starter ever as his QB's.  

His abilities are extremely impactful.  1 player cant make a defensive unit great.  That's like saying Miles Garrett and Deforest Buckner dont impact the game because it doesnt show up in the results. 

All that said, the only thing I'll agree with is the importance of his position.  

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah jacksonville being 5th and 2nd the last two years in defense and jalen ramseys 9 ints in three years totally equate to jamals 1 career int and the jets floundering in the 20s on defense.

We are not sure if Adams is a great leader though because he is not at voluntary works outs it seems.

How many games did the Jags win last year?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, JiF said:

Meh.  Everything I've read, CJ is a quiet guy and he admittedly has said he is just settingling into his new home, learning the system and hasnt asserted himself as a leader because that's not his style.  I dont think the dudes that have been here just immediately move Jamal out of the way.  Either way, teams have more than 1 leader and you're lying if you say the team doesnt view Jamal as one of them.

And you're once again using terrible criteria to judge his impact.  Plenty of great players who impact the game immensely play on terrible D's.   I could legit make the same exact list with great players on terrible D's.

Winning is a stupid criteria to judge him on.  He plays for the sh*tty Jets on one of the worst rosters in the league over his time here with the worst coaching staff I've ever seen.   He had Josh McCown and Bryce Petty and 21 year old youngest week 1 starter ever as his QB's.  

His abilities are extremely impactful.  1 player cant make a defensive unit great.  That's like saying Miles Garrett and Deforest Buckner dont impact the game because it doesnt show up in the results. 

All that said, the only thing I'll agree with is the importance of his position.  

 

 

So wins don't matter, defensive ranks don't matter, INT's don't matter......but the analytics like him, so I guess he's great and we should all agree he's great and be glad he's our leader on defense and stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

So wins don't matter, defensive ranks don't matter, INT's don't matter......but the analytics like him, so I guess he's great and we should all agree he's great and be glad he's our leader on defense and stuff.

What?  Huh?  Did you not read anything I just posted?  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JiF said:

What?  Huh?  Did you not read anything I just posted?  lol

Doesn't fit their narrative so no need to read rational responses.

The anti-Adams guys are funny.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JiF said:

What?  Huh?  Did you not read anything I just posted?  lol

Prove he makes an impact if we can't use wins, defensive ranking, INT's, or the bevy of other criteria you said we can't use. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dbatesman said:

The winner who doesn’t actually win

I'm just tired of hearing about how the hurry up and celebrate before it turns out there's no reason to supermajority must not have its revelry disturbed. It's all politics now. Authorized takes only.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Prove he makes an impact if we can't use wins, defensive ranking, INT's, or the bevy of other criteria you said we can't use. 

lol what?  Prove all the names I've listed make a difference on their team.  This is the whole point that for some reason you're side stepping.  The criteria is ridiculous and if it's applied to Jamal than you're grouping other "elite" players in with him as well. 

Jamal Adams is the best at what he does in the league.  That value, on a team like the New York Jets, means next to nothing. I'm not arguing that.  What I'm saying is, he's not unique from that perspective.  1 player cant make a defense.  Especially a SS.  That's the only point I'm trying to make here and it's not really arguable.  There is only 1 position that single handedly impacts the W column and he certainly doesnt play defense.  

Every single player, ex-player, scout, GM and coach in the NFL, quite literally anyone who knows this game more than us would literally laugh you out of the room if you tried to present such a moronic case.  Like play that out for a second, you roll up to (insert NFL defensive genius) and say, he man, got a sec?  I'd like to tell you about how Jamal Adams, while incredibly good at what he does, actually doesnt make an impact on the Football game.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that response.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Jamal Adams is the best at what he does in the league.

 

BF59CFD6-C0C3-4242-BC2B-72C0188DD047.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 6:09 PM, T0mShane said:

I’ll cut you people a deal: Jamal Adams starts doing things that demonstrably effect the outcome of a game and I’ll give him credit for those things.

So much for that deal.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JiF said:

lol what?  Prove all the names I've listed make a difference on their team.  This is the whole point that for some reason you're side stepping.  The criteria is ridiculous and if it's applied to Jamal than you're grouping other "elite" players in with him as well. 

Jamal Adams is the best at what he does in the league.  That value, on a team like the New York Jets, means next to nothing. I'm not arguing that.  What I'm saying is, he's not unique from that perspective.  1 player cant make a defense.  Especially a SS.  That's the only point I'm trying to make here and it's not really arguable.  There is only 1 position that single handedly impacts the W column and he certainly doesnt play defense.  

Every single player, ex-player, scout, GM and coach in the NFL, quite literally anyone who knows this game more than us would literally laugh you out of the room if you tried to present such a moronic case.  Like play that out for a second, you roll up to (insert NFL defensive genius) and say, he man, got a sec?  I'd like to tell you about how Jamal Adams, while incredibly good at what he does, actually doesnt make an impact on the Football game.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that response.   

Ronny Lott says hiya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JiF said:

Bad examples:  I forgot those teams saw a moment of success which validates said players importance.

Let's use:

Miles Garrett - the Browns suck, therefore, he sucks and doesnt impact the game.

Lavonte David.  the Bucs suck, therefore, he sucks and dosent not impact the game.

Chandler Jones.  the Cardinals suck, therefore, he sucks and doesnt impact the game.

Darius Slay.  the Lions sucks, therefore he sucks and doesnt impact the game.

Micah Hyde.  the Bills suck, therefore he sucks and doesnt impact the game.

Deforest Buckner.  the 49ers suck, therefore he sucks and doesnt impact the game.

Ryan Kerrigan.  the Redskins suck, therefore he sucks and doesnt impact the game. 

Should I carry on? or can we agree that of all the stupid Jamal Adams takes out there, this is bar none the most stupid. 

A few things about your last comment; your calling him self proclaimed, do you think the team doesnt view Jamal as the leader of the D?  And he talks about himself, not the team, and backs it up by being the best at what he does in the league.  Nobody cares that he talks and the Jets dont win because nobody has expected the Jets to win.  They've sucked something awful and one of the few bright spots on the team, is Jamal Adams.

If the Jets win 10+ games and the D is good?  Is Jamal Adams suddenly a good player who impacts the game?

 

Lol ownage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Lol ownage. 

Is “ownage” a type of salad where you say you don’t know what a player does and that you can’t quantify—at all—his alleged impact on the sport, but you still get to declare that he’s the “best” at that thing you can neither identify nor prove? 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jamal Adams threads are just a flame to the T0mShane moth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Is “ownage” a type of salad where you say you don’t know what a player does and that you can’t quantify—at all—his alleged impact on the sport, but you still get to declare that he’s the “best” at that thing you can neither identify nor prove? 

You obviously googled that definition.

😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Jamal Adams threads are just a flame to the T0mShane moth.

I sympathize with people trying to make the “Adams is a great, game-changing player who was worth the sixth overall pick” because they have to try and make the argument without being able to point to a game he has impacted, a single play he’s made to impact a game, a single stat that indicates he’s significantly better than the next, oh, five strong safeties on any of those nonsense PFF charts that told us Kerry Rhodes was better than Ed Reed for years, and—most crucially—they have to intentionally obscure that we passed on Pat Mahomes and Deshaun Watson to draft him. That’s a lot of heavy lifting. I’d hate to be on that side of the argument. It’s cult of personality stuff. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a bigger soy boy grudge holder than Shane on this board?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I sympathize with people trying to make the “Adams is a great, game-changing player who was worth the sixth overall pick” because they have to try and make the argument without being able to point to a game he has impacted, a single play he’s made to impact a game, a single stat that indicates he’s significantly better than the next, oh, five strong safeties on any of those nonsense PFF charts that told us Kerry Rhodes was better than Ed Reed for years, and—most crucially—they have to intentionally obscure that we passed on Pat Mahomes and Deshaun Watson to draft him. That’s a lot of heavy lifting. I’d hate to be on that side of the argument. It’s cult of personality stuff. 

But you take the bait every time. It’s almost a meme at this point. You are right though when your QB is 38 years old and your back up is Christian Hackenburgh. You don’t draft a Strong Safety, with Watson and Mahomes on the board.

 

I’d be more bothered if we didn’t have Darnold. It’s all good, and I’ve got hope, that I haven’t had for a long time. Todd Bowles and Macc can suck your will to live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Is “ownage” a type of salad where you say you don’t know what a player does and that you can’t quantify—at all—his alleged impact on the sport, but you still get to declare that he’s the “best” at that thing you can neither identify nor prove? 

 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I sympathize with people trying to make the “Adams is a great, game-changing player who was worth the sixth overall pick” because they have to try and make the argument without being able to point to a game he has impacted, a single play he’s made to impact a game, a single stat that indicates he’s significantly better than the next, oh, five strong safeties on any of those nonsense PFF charts that told us Kerry Rhodes was better than Ed Reed for years, and—most crucially—they have to intentionally obscure that we passed on Pat Mahomes and Deshaun Watson to draft him. That’s a lot of heavy lifting. I’d hate to be on that side of the argument. It’s cult of personality stuff. 

lmfao - I would pay good money to watch you and 80 holding hands together and going up to Greg Williams like, hey Greg, - we just want to let you know that Jamal Adams sucks and doesnt impact the game and isnt a leader and isnt going to help you make this defense good, we just want to give you that heads up if you were relying on those things.  If you need us for anything else, just give us a shout!  We really know what we're talking about on this stuff!!!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

But you take the bait every time. It’s almost a meme at this point. You are right though when your QB is 38 years old and your back up is Christian Hackenburgh. You don’t draft a Strong Safety, with Watson and Mahomes on the board.

Few people argue the pick.  But now its, he's not good because the Jets dont win games? lmfao

Mac sucks, Bowles sucks,  Ownership sucks.  This team is hot garbage.  Hggackenberg sucks, Bryce Petty sucks and McCown is god awful.  The offense is atrocious.  Leo sucks, Darron Lee sucks., Maye sucks.  But it's Jamal Adams fault the Jets dont win games.  -  Tom Shane

I was already stupid, this conversation has taken me to a state of ketosis and eat the **** out of carbs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...