NY Rangers reboot 2019-20

Really happy about the Yankees win last night and excited for game 2 but today is an extremely sad day. I’m definitely a younger poster on this site and wasn’t around for 94. Hank was pretty much all I knew growing up hence he’s my favorite player of all time. When I heard the news last night I wasn’t shocked or devastated I was just sad. A chunk of my childhood ended with this. 

Long Live The King ? 

• Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Question for all you Ranger fans. Rumors around that Sabres may look to move Jack Eichel. I think you guys are really close to being legit contenders. Would you guys give up the # 1 pick as part of a package for Eichel? i think he puts you over the top.

The Sabres put out a ridiculous asking price for him, so I don't believe they are really looking to trade Eichel.

Even if they would take just the #1 for him, I would not do it. He's making much more money, and if he's forcing his way out of Buffalo then he's a baby and not worth it.

Lafrenière has 90 point potential and a much lower cap hit. Eichel has a no trade clause kicking in in 2 years, no thank you.

31 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Any information on the 2nd Rangers pick?

Looks like we made a move with Calgary to #19 for #22 & #72.

19. New York Rangers (via Calgary Flames) — D Braden Schneider. Big D-man with good mobility. Steady defender significantly improved the offensive elements of his game. He’s an aggressive puck-mover now, and his instincts to join the offensive flow and create odd-man rushes are spot-on. Powerful skater with the ability to ditch forecheckers, then make plays at top speed. Smartly supports puck carriers and presents himself as an outlet. Disrupts passing lanes with an active stick. Demonstrates quick feet on his pivots. Strong in battles down low. Clears the front of the crease. Moves feet to get to loose pucks instead of reaching. Makes crisp, effective outlets, but also not afraid to chip pucks off glass – doesn’t force passes. Uses sturdy frame to ride forwards hard into the boards and deliver big hits. Solid positioning. Provides high value by making quick, simple plays out of the defensive end on retrievals, never getting hemmed in.

2 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Looks like we made a move with Calgary for #19 and we still have #22.

19. New York Rangers (via Calgary Flames) — D Braden Schneider. Big D-man with good mobility. Steady defender significantly improved the offensive elements of his game. He’s an aggressive puck-mover now, and his instincts to join the offensive flow and create odd-man rushes are spot-on. Powerful skater with the ability to ditch forecheckers, then make plays at top speed. Smartly supports puck carriers and presents himself as an outlet. Disrupts passing lanes with an active stick. Demonstrates quick feet on his pivots. Strong in battles down low. Clears the front of the crease. Moves feet to get to loose pucks instead of reaching. Makes crisp, effective outlets, but

also not afraid to chip pucks off glass – doesn’t force passes. Uses sturdy frame to ride forwards hard into the boards and deliver big hits. Solid positioning. Provides high value by making quick, simple plays out of the defensive end on retrievals, never getting hemmed in.

Blue line beef with offensive upside.  I like it. Pipeline for defense seems like it may get a little crowded for us in a few years.

I guess we are trying to buy help at Center.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I love what The Rangers are doing, they need to bring in a solid #2 center now. 

the only missteps have been the Kreider deal and the Trouba deal IMO. 

GM gets major props.  It does help to get lucky with those lottery balls..... twice.....  

• Upvote 1