We are still going to the playoffs

JohnnyLV

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Are you serious?

Have you seen the tools this guy has? His arm talent, accuracy, touch, mobility, playmsking ability, command of the offense, work ethic, leadership?

If you don’t see this, even in his formative stages, you need to hop to another team. 

He has everything you want in a FQB other than an offensive line. Even with the dearth of weapons, you give him some antibiotics and another 2 seconds and we have a superstar QB. 

Step off dude. 

What is Sam Darnold overall record as a QB so far in his career?

• Thumb Down 1

31 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Are you serious?

Have you seen the tools this guy has? His arm talent, accuracy, touch, mobility, playmsking ability, command of the offense, work ethic, leadership?

If you don’t see this, even in his formative stages, you need to hop to another team. 

He has everything you want in a FQB other than an offensive line. Even with the dearth of weapons, you give him some antibiotics and another 2 seconds and we have a superstar QB. 

Step off dude. 

Remind me of those qualities when Sam  joins fellow USC QB's in the recycle bin.

FYI, QB's earn the title "franchise". To date Sam's done jack. That final drive against the Bill's was USC Pathetic. Please, judge with your eyes not your hopeful heart.

Look up his TD's to INT ratio for starters. 

15 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

What he was "saying" is that your point (e.g. Using W/L record to assess a young NFL QB) is stupid. 

I understand that but to hear from Jets fans your defense is top notch right.So if that is the case and Darnold is all world like you say the why didn’t that reflect in the win-loss record so far in his career. Peyton overall team his rookie year was sh*t. (3-13) Peyton Manning team in his second year was 13-3. Let’s see what Darnold record would be in his 2nd year

Jets fans talk bad about Allen all day but the guy is winning games and putting team on his back. Allen has a defense to lean on as well and he is starting to figure that out. At the end of the day Jets are going no where with GASE. 

33 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

Are you saying that Sam Darnold is comparable to Peyton Manning. Is Sam Daronld even allowed audible at the line yet. Just asking!

Again, well done.  You likely don't understand what Peyton did as a 1st 2nd year player or what he morphed into as a HOF QB.

But you keep dying on that hill. , 

22 minutes ago, Same Old said:

Remind me of those qualities when Sam  joins fellow USC QB's in the recycle bin.

FYI, QB's earn the title "franchise". To date Sam's done jack. That final drive against the Bill's was USC Pathetic. Please, judge with your eyes not your hopeful heart.

Look up his TD's to INT ratio for starters. 

Reminds me of the fans who don't look at dudes who never saw the QB in college and tries to lump them all in together with other USC QBs.

If you think Sam is Sanchez or John David Booty or Leinart or Matt Barkley or Cody Kessler, well that's on you.  

Not us.  

Final drive against this Bills?

His spleen was likely larger than your brain.

But yeah, lets dismiss that. 

9 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

What century was that?

I trust you understand how the game has changed. 

ChangeD to what. More scoring right. I like Darnold a little bit, but at the end of the day the Jets are going to wish they drafted Allen instead. 

BTW I’m still waiting for that electric offense Darnold was talking about before the season started.

22 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Reminds me of the fans who don't look at dudes who never saw the QB in college and tries to lump them all in together with other USC QBs.

If you think Sam is Sanchez or John David Booty or Leinart or Matt Barkley or Cody Kessler, well that's on you.  

Not us.  

Final drive against this Bills?

His spleen was likely larger than your brain.

But yeah, lets dismiss that. 

He we go with the excuses. I hope it help you sleep better at night bro. 

I thought Simian was the new kurt warner, then i thought Falk was the new kurt warner, now i am convinced that David Fales is the new kurt warner.

lol. I can relate.

Pat Ryan
Troy Taylor
Trudeau
Foley
Reich
Nagle
Brister
McElroy
Ratliff
Clemens
Vick
Petty
Hackenstein
McCown

A list of my Kurt Warners.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Mastenpark said:

Are you saying that Sam Darnold is comparable to Peyton Manning. Is Sam Daronld even allowed audible at the line yet. Just asking!

No he’s saying Darnold is comparable to any high draft pick qb who starts his career on a crappy team that earned that high pick

Deep down I actually DO believe this. THe last few seasons under Bowles I knew it was going to be awful but I just dont feel that way this year. I still feel excited an optimistic.

Good for you man. I feel the same way. The only real sketchy unit for me is that damn OL. And the kicker but at least there’s hope.

I am feeling like we are a play or two from 2-0 or at least 1-1. Adversity is good early on. How many times have teams like the bills or jets gone 3-0 or 5-0 or something and then collapse. I’d much rather have the tough times in the early going and then congeal later on. I hate collapses after being hopeful. We overcome this mess of injuries and slackers we can bench and get better as the season moves on.

We’re beating the pats!!!

I also love how everyone thinks the Steelers are going to pack it in , that team will win games , I bet they go 7-9 or 8-8 , too much pride , thinking we are going to roll over them is a joke . 

We can beat them though. Unless you are one who things we ar gonna roll over and die too.

1 hour ago, Mastenpark said:

I understand that but to hear from Jets fans your defense is top notch right.So if that is the case and Darnold is all world like you say the why didn’t that reflect in the win-loss record so far in his career. Peyton overall team his rookie year was sh*t. (3-13) Peyton Manning team in his second year was 13-3. Let’s see what Darnold record would be in his 2nd year

Jets fans talk bad about Allen all day but the guy is winning games and putting team on his back. Allen has a defense to lean on as well and he is starting to figure that out. At the end of the day Jets are going no where with GASE. 

Allen is clearly superior to Sam. But then again when was the last time the Jets drafted intelligently? USC should have been a warning sign. 

1 minute ago, Same Old said:

If it is "this" then you have established Sam is nothing other than a high draft pick by a historical sh-it team and clearly has Not earned the title of franchise qb.

Took you awhile but you in the end got it right. 

Whatever dude are you a millennial?  You do realize qbs usually take years to develop Sam has had one

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Whatever dude are you a millennial?  You do realize qbs usually take years to develop Sam has had one

Sam has had one and it wasn't pretty. It's the Franchise QB title some have assigned to him that is bogus. That title has to be earned by producing. Sam  has produced nothing of value. Right now there are plenty of QB'S better then Sam and half of them are not Franchise types.

2 minutes ago, Same Old said:

Sam has had one and it wasn't pretty. It's the Franchise QB title some have assigned to him that is bogus. That title has to be earned by producing. Sam  has produced nothing of value. Right now there are plenty of QB'S better then Sam and half of them are not Franchise types.

Sam was fine his rookie year you are too used to today’s twitter short attention span nfl where 1st round pick qbs are expected to win the Super Bowl immediately or they suck