We are still going to the playoffs

JohnnyLV

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

16 point lead would have been 23 points if our franchise quarterback wasn't at 80% with a 104 fever and an enlarged spleen.

16 point lead would have been 20 points if our kicker wasn't someone bagging groceries at Walmart right now.

16 point lead would have held on its own if our franchise LB didn't pull a groin making a TD saving play in the endzone.

20 point Browns loss would have been a 10 point Jets win if we didn't have 7 starters injured including our best Offensive and Defensive players.

I know you see an 0-2 dysfunction.  What we really are is a 2-0 team that is badly injured.  That ends at Philadelphia.  That's the new season opener where the Jets go 9-4 completely healthy and with an easy schedule.

SAR I

I imagine if we allow ourselves to play this game, we could get 10 wins out of last season too.

We needed 4 turnovers to get into a position to blame the kicker.  How often do we get that gift?  Even if we were 1-1, that doesn’t make us good.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

You’re a true believer I will give you that 

I'm actually not.  Back in the Rex days I was off that wagon before most realized it, I never uttered an optimistic peep in the Geno era, I tend to be very objective and realistic.

I had the Jets in the playoffs in August and I have us in the playoffs now.  I'm even more convinced, actually.  Some see 0-2 and dysfunction.  Not me.  I didn't expect our defense to be this good.  Our secondary was supposed to be a joke, remember?  We weren't supposed to generate turnovers, remember?  CJ Mosely was a question mark as to how he'd be used in our D, remember?  Le'Veon hadn't touched a ball in a game in 600 days, remember? 

SAR I

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hahahaha.

SAR is grasping at straws.  A few weeks ago, his schtick was 11-5 AFC East champs.  Two weeks later, hes dropped to 6th seed wild card.

Next will be a flurry of excuses as to why his predictions were wrong followed by a 2020 Super Bowl prediction.

Still no heel turn though.  Disappointing.

If Sam Darnold is healthy and starting in Philadelphia I feel as good about the 2019 season as I did back in August.

However, 11-5 was based on 2-0 and a healthy Sam Darnold and that clearly didn't happen, so thus the #6 seed.

SAR I

25 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I can't stand his mouth either... The reason he is so valuable is that he is smart at football and can play virtually any position on Def...

Now, before you flame me for how bad he is at his job... please realize I did not say he is the top performer at his position but he has the versatility to play every position and is smart enough to know what to do. This makes him very valuable to a team that has playmakers at the opposite safety position, CB or Edge... which the Jets don't have. So yes, he is overrated at parts of his job, he is underrated as a whole....

If the Jets had a real actual playmaker on Def. this would be a top 5 unit... problem is that Adams and even Mosley are extremely valuable but not game changers. Well I guess you can say Mosley was a game changer because the defense didn't know how to function without him but that shouldn't be what I am describing. Hewitt filled in nicely with his absence... 

Pieces like Leo and Anderson are NFL talent that take up space... and you need those players too.

But a Derwin James or a Mack or Miller... these are game changers... you add one of those here... it would be nice.

I agree 100% with everything you said. He's a jack of all trades but not great at one thing. He is great at talking a big game, anointing himself as a great player. I am like child please STF up. You got to the pro bowl as an alternative. Besides sacks, tackles a few fumble recoveries he hasn't made any game changing plays. We need the James, Mack, Miller, Ed Reed, Earl Thomas, Chancellor, Keuchly type players.

Every year we should draft a O Linemen within the first 3 rounds build dept there. We lack so much game changing talent. You would think even by mistake with the amount of draft picks we have had. We would get one by mistake. Nope not our freaking Jets.

• Upvote 2

Just now, SAR I said:

If Sam Darnold is healthy and starting in Philadelphia I feel as good about the 2019 season as I did back in August.

However, 11-5 was based on 2-0 and that is clearly not happening, so thus the #6 seed.

SAR I

Even at 11 wins we were never winning the division.  You are knowledgeable enough to know the pats were loaded this year.  Thats a 13-14 win team w/o AB.

• Upvote 1

Ok lets look at the match ups:

week 3: AT NE  -- I doubt anyone had this as a W BEFORE Darnold went down and now well...  (L)  (0-3)

Week 5  AT Philly -- Another one I had as a toss up, but at best Darnolds first game back and Rusty (I doubt he is back)  (L)  (0-4)

Week 6  Dallas --Another very good team, and if im honest I dont expect Darnold back until week 7 because another D who could Hurt him (he isnt going be as strong right after Mono) so I say (L)  (0-5)

WEEK 7  NE --- Ugh they will be rolling by this point, they always are Darnold makes his debut and keeps it close. but we Lose on a 2 minute drive by Brady  (L)  (0-6)

Week 8 -- @ Jacksonville -- Darnold is more like himself and the Jets roll to a hard but well earned W.  (w) (1-6)

Week 9 @ Miami -- Easy W... Phins are awful  (2-6)

Week 10 Giants  A hard game again this time Darnold shows his Magic and leads a game winning drive in the 4th.. topped off by a D stop (3-6)

Week 11@ Washington -- D dominates and O starts to really move 3 TD for Bell (4-6)  (this place starts get positive)

week 12 Oakland -- D stops oakland all game and Darnold manages a couple score (w) (5-6)

week 13@ cinci Our D isnt playing well as the Bengals march up and down the field but so does Darnold.. game won by 22 yard FG (w) (6-6)

week 14 Miami -- again easy W  (7-6 and this place has playoff fever, wildcard only since Pats locked division already)

week 15 @Baltimore Our O is stuffed no where to go.. our D holds but gives up on Jackson run for a TD (l)  (7-7)

week 16 Pitt Pitts QB Rudolph plays well as does Darnold... game won by Jets 22 yard FG (8-7)

Week 17 @ buffalo Winner goes to the playoffs... Bills D stuffs our O as does our D to their O.  We lose on 58 yard FG and miss the playoffs.  (8-8)

Anything i got wrong?? 

57 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Before the season I thought they'd go 1-5 winning the Browns game. Now they're definitely going 0-6.

They can win at JAC, NYG, MIA, @MIA, LAR, @CIN

Steelers, Bills. They basically beat the Bills if Sam is 100% or Mosley doesn't get injured... So I think they have about the same shot in week 17 and Steelers look good but Rudolph is limited... all depends on how good they game plan for him,.

The Jets are closer to a #1 overall pick team than a playoff team. The OL has been horribly neglected for years and it continues to show.

How about we focus on playing a full game? How about we focus on getting 1 win?

The Jets are bottom half of the league in terms of talent, and they are banged up to boot.

Playoff talk right now is just crazy talk.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Context matters.  We're talking on a football message board, where statistics are measures of performance on a football field.

Anyway, as you've been so brutally wrong with all your takes, sounds like you could use this win.  It's yours.  I'll even make you a certificate if you like.

There is no context needed... you rattled off a ratio and I said who cares about statistics and you are the one that tried to correct me until I proved you wrong... Come on dude seriously... Do you argue just to argue...

I get it... you think I am overly optimistic and because I don't jump on the world is on fire the Jets will have the number 1 pick band wagon... I am automatically wrong.

When the Jets finish in the playoffs or just short I will remember that you told me that I am brutally wrong on all my takes.. and how right you are.

15 minutes ago, EdReed22 said:

I agree 100% with everything you said. He's a jack of all trades but not great at one thing. He is great at talking a big game, anointing himself as a great player. I am like child please STF up. You got to the pro bowl as an alternative. Besides sacks, tackles a few fumble recoveries he hasn't made any game changing plays. We need the James, Mack, Miller, Ed Reed, Earl Thomas, Chancellor, Keuchly type players.

Every year we should draft a O Linemen within the first 3 rounds build dept there. We lack so much game changing talent. You would think even by mistake with the amount of draft picks we have had. We would get one by mistake. Nope not our freaking Jets.

He is Kam Chancellor with a mouth... now we need richard sherman and earl thomas... and maybe if may stays healthy he could be that earl thomas... and all we need is Sherman and an Irving... but ******* TJ... what a waste of money.

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You used to be a quality poster.

No I wasn't.

My favorite, actually.

This isn't tinder and I'm married already.  But thanks.

Now 10 years later you've devolved into Adam Vinatieri.  Looks like a Pro Bowl kicker, is actually Karre Vedvik.

SAR I

I prefer being a fat retired Sebastian Janikowski, if it's all the same to you.

P.S. I am what 40 years of dedicated, obsessive NY Jets love and devotion has made me.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

week 3: AT NE  -- I doubt anyone had this as a W BEFORE Darnold went down and now well...  (L)  (0-3)

Week 5  AT Philly -- Another one I had as a toss up, but at best Darnolds first game back and Rusty (I doubt he is back)  (L)  (0-4)

Week 6  Dallas --Another very good team, and if im honest I dont expect Darnold back until week 7 because another D who could Hurt him (he isnt going be as strong right after Mono) so I say (L)  (0-5)

WEEK 7  NE --- Ugh they will be rolling by this point, they always are Darnold makes his debut and keeps it close. but we Lose on a 2 minute drive by Brady  (L)  (0-6)

Week 8 -- @ Jacksonville -- Darnold is more like himself and the Jets roll to a hard but well earned W.  (w) (1-6)

Week 10 Giants  A hard game again this time Darnold shows his Magic and leads a game winning drive in the 4th.. topped off by a D stop (3-6)

Week 11@ Washington -- D dominates and O starts to really move 3 TD for Bell (4-6)  (this place starts get positive)

week 12 Oakland -- D stops oakland all game and Darnold manages a couple score (w) (5-6)

week 13@ cinci Our D isnt playing well as the Bengals march up and down the field but so does Darnold.. game won by 22 yard FG (w) (6-6)

week 14 Miami -- again easy W  (7-6 and this place has playoff fever, wildcard only since Pats locked division already)

week 15 @Baltimore Our O is stuffed no where to go.. our D holds but gives up on Jackson run for a TD (l)  (7-7)

week 16 Pitt Pitts QB Rudolph plays well as does Darnold... game won by Jets 22 yard FG (8-7)

Week 17 @ buffalo Winner goes to the playoffs... Bills D stuffs our O as does our D to their O.  We lose on 58 yard FG and miss the playoffs.  (8-8)

Anything i got wrong?? 

I'd switch out washington to a L and Bills a W... I think Cowboys are winnable... and the second NE game with Sam back at full strength, Eagles will be tough even if he is healthy since he is rushing back.

12 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Anything i got wrong?? 

We need to stop fooling ourselves. Our secondary sucks, Besides Poole and Roberts. Has anyone made any plays????? Any game saving, game changing plays? Our DL cant rush the passer besides bringing extra blitzes. We allow backup running backs in back to back weeks to get multiple 10 yard runs. Our LB core is injured or suspended. Our O line cant block their own shadow. They allow our QB's to get murdered and take dirty hits and they don't even retaliate. Bell and Mosley are the only stars on this team and real leaders. Real leaders make plays. I'm sorry Jamal and Leonard don't count. When the game is on the line. I know only Bell and Mosley can and will make the needed play. Sam is young but he sucks throwing the deep pass this year. I hate Gas and his offense. They don't throw very far and its dink and dunk.

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

I'd switch out washington to a L and Bills a W... I think Cowboys are winnable... and the second NE game with Sam back at full strength, Eagles will be tough even if he is healthy since he is rushing back.

second Pats game is a Monday night game.. and well the Jets dont do good under the lights.. 

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

There is no context needed... you rattled off a ratio and I said who cares about statistics and you are the one that tried to correct me until I proved you wrong... Come on dude seriously... Do you argue just to argue...

I get it... you think I am overly optimistic and because I don't jump on the world is on fire the Jets will have the number 1 pick band wagon... I am automatically wrong.

When the Jets finish in the playoffs or just short I will remember that you told me that I am brutally wrong on all my takes.. and how right you are.

Who do I make out that certificate to again?

14 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

The Jets are closer to a #1 overall pick team than a playoff team. The OL has been horribly neglected for years and it continues to show.

How about we focus on playing a full game? How about we focus on getting 1 win?

The Jets are bottom half of the league in terms of talent, and they are banged up to boot.

Playoff talk right now is just crazy talk.

Bottom half is being kind.... last 4 years or so, we are bottom 5 which is about bottom 20 percent.  we are a laughing stock around the country. 

Just now, southparkcpa said:

Bottom half is being kind.... last 4 years or so, we are bottom 5 which is about bottom 20 percent.  we are a laughing stock around the country. 

Crazy thing is we can’t even tank now because our second half schedule is so easy and we will have Sam and CJ Mosely back so we are probably going 4-12 again

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

He is Kam Chancellor with a mouth... now we need richard sherman and earl thomas... and maybe if may stays healthy he could be that earl thomas... and all we need is Sherman and an Irving... but ******* TJ... what a waste of money.

Kam Chancellor with a mouth....I don't think so. Kam gets picks, he puts fears into the opposing teams. Jamal hugs and jokes with them. Jamal is a clown. An attention seeking clown. He is a good player, but NOT GREAT. He didn't have college production that would warrant the 6th pick. A 6th pick should be a game changer. That is not, nor will be. He is limited athletically. He cant run really fast and God forbid he takes a bad angle. He lacks speed to catch up. He is basically a line backer playing strong safety. I honestly wanted us to draft Malik Hooker. Compare their stats, Malik is a better cover man. We need a run stuffer Vontez Miles can do that for you. He has the same amount of interceptions in his career as Jamal does while playing less on defense.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Steelers sucked last year WITH Roethisburger and Brown. With Mason Rudolf, they are not winning 8 games.

9-6-1 equals they sucked ...your proving my point , that’s a BAD season for them , that team and that coaching staff aren’t quitting ...go ahead and chalk up a win against them for us , see how that turns out . 

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

From 2016-present, we have the 2nd worst winning % in the NFL (.280) after the Browns (.180).  

For comparison, in that span, the Dolphins sit at .460 and the Bills are .480, and each have a playoff appearance.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

second Pats game is a Monday night game.. and well the Jets dont do good under the lights.. 

Come on... This is where statistics are insufferable... what does that have to do with this team and this coach and these players... You mean to tell me that because past players and coaches did something that, this has anything to do with this team?

Sam Darnold has showed nothing to think he could lead a 1-5 team to get to 10-6 or 9-7.  The Colts did it but they had andrew luck in his 6th year in the league.

Darnold couldnt complete a pass more then 3 yards and now he is going to dominate the league starting week 7?

There is zero room for error to go from 1-5 to a playoff team.  Thats not happening w/ sam darnold at qb.  There are going to be lots of growing pains.

4 minutes ago, EdReed22 said:

Kam Chancellor with a mouth....I don't think so. Kam gets picks, he puts fears into the opposing teams. Jamal hugs and jokes with them. Jamal is a clown. An attention seeking clown. He is a good player, but NOT GREAT. He didn't have college production that would warrant the 6th pick. A 6th pick should be a game changer. That is not, nor will be. He is limited athletically. He cant run really fast and God forbid he takes a bad angle. He lacks speed to catch up. He is basically a line backer playing strong safety. I honestly wanted us to draft Malik Hooker. Compare their stats, Malik is a better cover man. We need a run stuffer Vontez Miles can do that for you. He has the same amount of interceptions in his career as Jamal does while playing less on defense.

0 picks his first year, 4 his second... 0 his 3 year... Kam then was steady 1 or 2 picks a year for the rest of his career... that is not a ball hawk or game changer... he was a hard hitter like Jamal... knew his assignments well, like Jamal.. 

I agree with the attitude issues but come on now... Adams and Kam are more similar then you think.

Just now, southparkcpa said:

So I can’t even insult the jets accurately???   ?

lol!  No, you were correct, just thought it was important to point that out for the people who like to say "At least we're not...." all the time.  

Everyone else out there is saying "At least we're not the Jets" pretty much every year.  

10 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Agreed in the context of a full roster. The depth is putrid.

However, in terms of starters, there are some high quality pieces. Darnold, Bell, Crowder, Herndon, Mosely, and Adams are all high talent pieces. The drop off from there is huge though.

The only chance the Jets had at the playoffs this year was staying relatively healthy and Darnold growing into a top 10 QB. That dream is pretty much dead already.

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

1-5 or 0-6.

Win 7 out of last 10.

Finish 7-9 or 8-8.

No playoffs.

And if just somebody, anybody... could acknowledge how right I was about Le'V Bell... that would be nice.

Dude... When are you going to stop acting like you were the only one who wanted LeVeon Bell? You were doing it before we got him, even though many of us were saying the same thing also. I know I was...

Just because we both wanted him doesn't make you or me a genius. It just makes us two of the people who thought he wasn't going to be a "shell of himself" or he wasn't going to "pack it in when he got paid".

We don't deserve any medals for that, so get over it.

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Sam Darnold has showed nothing to think he could lead a 1-5 team to get to 10-6 or 9-7.  The Colts did it but they had andrew luck in his 6th year in the league.

Darnold couldnt complete a pass more then 3 yards and now he is going to dominate the league starting week 7?

There is zero room for error to go from 1-5 to a playoff team.  Thats not happening w/ sam darnold at qb.  There are going to be lots of growing pains.

This is reasonable take... I get it... We as fans are looking to Sam to be the QB he was drafted to be... He needs to be Watson, Maholmes... if he's not then this franchise is not going to win a Superbowl for another 10-15 years. That's just the truth... The team depth around this kid is barely NFL level... sure he has pieces IF they stay healthy... This is not going to be fixed in an offseason...

My fear is that Darnold turns out to be Trubisky which is going to doom Bears for the next 10 years trying to win around him... They have a top 3 defense and a cheap but good RB and an allstar WR and I am not sure they are going to make the playoffs.