T0mShane

Pick Gase's replacement, you lemming  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Next Jets HC

• Press Taylor, Eagles QB coach
    • Kris Richard, Cowboys DB coach
    • Dan Campbell, Saints TE coach
    • Mike McCarthy, Aaron Rodgers hates him
    • Other realistic choice, you unserious dope, you absolute fetid turd, you clown.

15 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

It's a very deep OL draft.  I'd be ok with Young, OT THomas or WR Jeudy.   But if you take Young or Jeudy in Round 1 then you better take OL with the next 3 picks

They will

I have a feeling the next HC is McCarthy and he won’t screw around he will draft several OL and sign Scherff and maybe even Castonzo

18 hours ago, varjet said:

I voted for Mike McCarty because I believe that the Jets need someone to professionalize the organization, develop Darnold and potentially come in TODAY.  

I do acknowledge McCarthy’s flaws.  He should not think this is a long-term job, per se.  But he has run a team that has been to the playoffs multiple times, and I think he would add credibly to the organization and ensure Darnold is being looked after.

Gase has lost all credibility.  The other guys are flyers.  I think we need to take this step by step.  The team is completely broken.  There is no Parcells to come save it.  We need to get someone in here who can improve the operation and tutor Darnold.  

FWIW, as pointed out in other posts, Gase did generally outcoach Bowles for three years.  Something else is going on here besides Gase’ incompetence.  He has allowed the bad roster and adversity to show too much of his bad qualities.  Flores looks great by comparison.  I don’t know whether I would say that the Jets that walked on the field had better overall talent than the Dolphins.  

This year reminds me a lot of 1996

Gase is Kotite, McCarthy is Parcells

Let’s be real, who the **** is coming to this dumpster fire?  They blow it with Gase, he’s ruined Darnold so much that no coach thinks of him as a potential franchise QB.

We will end up with yet another Todd Bowles level coach. Never felt so dejected about this team.

I just hope Douglas can draft better than the last three nitwits we’ve had at GM.

The start to his job hasn’t been good, so I have no confidence he’s knows what he’s doing either.

Talk is cheap, action is where it’s at. No amount of fluff pieces, or media hype will affect me any more. Prove it on the field or your a fraud.   

A lot to do, put the Oline in, worry about skill positions later. This team is a blank slate with no players. Douglas can be shown as fraud or competent in the next two years. 

• Upvote 1

This team needs something like a Director of Football operations and be a conduit between the Owner and the GM - Coach.

The Johnson's need to toss a boatload of money at someone like a Holmgren or an Ozzie Newsome, who can throw a couple of Super Bowl rings on the table and say " you want one of these. Here is what you have to do" 

This guy would make all the calls. The coach and GM would report to him and not the Johnsons.

The only thing the Johnson's need to worrying about is the money. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/4/2019 at 10:19 AM, T0mShane said:

That's fine, but put yourself in the position of a 48 year-old assistant coach who has spent the bulk of the last 28 years of his life making less than $40k either coaching up a$$hole high school and college kids, or chopping up tape for 18 hours a day as a quality control coach in order to, one day, get a shot to be the head coach of a professional team. And then you look to risk all that to take the Jets job where nobody has prevailed, and where highly established assistants like Bowles and Gase were undone by a roster that you couldn't win the Pac-12 with. You're going to risk all that work on the Jets?