Copeland at Inside Linebacker?

With all the injuries to our inside LB's (Mosely, Hewitt, Cashman, etc...), it didn't surprise me to see Copeland moving inside at the linebacker spot last Sunday (at times). He seemed fairly active with 9 tackles and a sack. But those stats can be deceiving. Just want to know what people's thoughts were about his play and whether this is how Copeland will be deployed going forward.

44 minutes ago, Joe the Breadman said:

I think right now the Jets have so many wounded players the coaches are simply working with what they have.

The decimation of our ILB corps was unbelievable. 

It was going to be the strength of the defense this year.  Mosley and Williamson looked like a potential Top 5 ILB combination in the NFL....both are gone.  Both of their backups (Hewitt, Cashman) have been gone.  We're on fumes right now....it's absolutely crazy.

The Jets were setting up under Gregg Williams with what I saw as potentially the strongest "up the middle" defense in the whole NFL.  (Yes, I'm serious).  With Leo Williams, QW backed by Mosley, Williamson and then Adams, Maye...the Jets were rock solid between the hashmarks.  BUT they were equally weak on the outside.  Cornerbacks, Edge rushers?  We got nuthin'.

Strange, strange season.

• Upvote 3

When a guy is an outside linebacker and you move him inside, that is okay and normally works out fine. As long as it is high school football we are talking about.

I am not knocking the team, the injuries at ILB are beyond belief. Just can't see Copeland switching over and doing well there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

When a guy is an outside linebacker and you move him inside, that is okay and normally works out fine. As long as it is high school football we are talking about.

I am not knocking the team, the injuries at ILB are beyond belief. Just can't see Copeland switching over and doing well there.

He’s a pretty smart guy (Ivy League grad) So I’m guessing he handle a large portion of the mental side of the switch 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TNJet said:

Why not? The season is fckin over anyway. Put Adams at CB while you're at it. We won't win another game this year regardless. Fire Gase that is all.

I would love to see this. Watch his butt get beaten on every play by any WR. Take his butt down a peg.

• Upvote 1