Monday Night Football Ravens-Rams

joewilly12

1 minute ago, DJF71 said:

Don’t wish him to be injured. Don’t care if he is though. They just haven’t had to deal with many injuries.

image.png.8c3a7ae3eb68dcd0b276399227330f8c.png

Sure sounds like it. 

SOunds like you're envious that we traded away the farm to pick #3 and they got the
best player/QB in the 2018 draft at 32.

• Sympathy 1

image.png.8c3a7ae3eb68dcd0b276399227330f8c.png
Sure sounds like it. 
SOunds like you're envious that we traded away the farm to pick #3 and they got the
best player/QB in the 2018 draft at 32.

I will never be jealous of any of those QB’s in that draft. I wanted and still want Darnold. We have a 15 year QB. LJ won’t last 5.
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

I will never be jealous of any of those QB’s in that draft. I wanted and still want Darnold. We have a 15 year QB. LJ won’t last 5.

Of course, you're too chickensh*t to back it up by betting me, right? 

THis is already year 2....sof he if he completes this season w/o being "broken"...he's already %40 there....

THis is already year 2....sof he if he completes this season w/o being "broken"...he's already %40 there....

Let’s see where they are in year 4. Not after a gimmicky offense that’s clearly on a roll. The NFL will catch up to him. Always do.

3 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Let’s see where they are in year 4. Not after a gimmicky offense that’s clearly on a roll. The NFL will catch up to him. Always do.

20 passes/ 5 tds last night...    it's a power running offense...    shrug. 

"he won't last 5 seasons" is what you said...     

7 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Take It down a notch. We want to post without bickering please.,  Max has pinned a thread in that. Just stop now please. 

2 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

LJ is hyped by Booger. Making routine throws to wide open receivers. He will get popped, seems they want him to succeed. 

every damned QB gets hit.

I say the opposite...   there are millions that want him to fail.

Including at least a dozen people here....

20 passes/ 5 tds last night...    it's a power running offense...    shrug. 
"he won't last 5 seasons" is what you said...     

For some reason you are miserable that the Jets have a FQB. I’m going to enjoy what Darnold brings. LJ has a better team and better organization. By year 4, Darnold will be the better QB. LJ might be the better RB, but not the better QB. Darnold needs time and weapons. LJ had the perfect offense built with the perfect weapons.

For the moment LJ is the flavor of the month. I’m saying let’s see what he is in year 4-5.

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

every damned QB gets hit.

I say the opposite...   there are millions that want him to fail.

Including at least a dozen people here....

The NFL wants him to succeed and the multi billion dollar industry usually gets what it wants. I love to see Qb's getting laid out. Start by winning the Division, or playoff game Lamar. 

1 minute ago, DJF71 said:

For some reason you are miserable that the Jets have a FQB. I’m going to enjoy what Darnold brings. LJ has a better team and better organization. By year 4, Darnold will be the better QB. LJ might be the better RB, but not the better QB. Darnold needs time and weapons. LJ had the perfect offense built with the perfect weapons.

For the moment LJ is the flavor of the month. I’m saying let’s see what he is in year 4-5.

OMG how can you prognosticate that’s from what we are seeing now? LJ is the truth. He just is. He is also on one of the most consistent and best run franchises in the league. Sam is beating up on bad defenses right now. It’s a step in the right direction. He also plays on the Jets, one of the worse ran franchises. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

OMG how can you prognosticate that’s from what we are seeing now? LJ is the truth. He just is. He is also on one of the most consistent and best run franchises in the league. Sam is beating up on bad defenses right now. It’s a step in the right direction. He also plays on the Jets, one of the worse ran franchises. 

He is the truth this year. We will see what he looks like in 2 more years. Maybe I’m just hoping Darnold can become the FQB we’ve all wanted, but I truly believe the only ones that can ruin Darnold is the Jets. Otherwise he will be a FQB with his next team. We’ve never seen a run first QB be successful long in this league. Once the league figures him out we will see what he really is.
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

He is the truth this year. We will see what he looks like in 2 more years. Maybe I’m just hoping Darnold can become the FQB we’ve all wanted, but I truly believe the only ones that can ruin Darnold is the Jets. Otherwise he will be a FQB with his next team. We’ve never seen a run first QB be successful long in this league. Once the league figures him out we will see what he really is.

Nothing wrong with that and I agree. But right here and now LJ is the truth and until proven otherwise he s the toast of the league right now . Sam looked great last week and moving forward he has to build on that. Maybe his most complete game so far. 

8 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

FQB..  that's pointing in the right direction now and I am glad of it. More than you know...cos after NE/Jax it was looking kinda bleak. 

Lj hasn;t missed a game, Sam has missed 25% of games 2 years runnning and b/c the Jets backups don;t even belong in the NFL, we ceded 4 losses each season.

Still LJs TD/INT ratio is quite healthy 19/5 , top 5 QBR this year...  getting better.

Harbaughs Ravens were a middling team w/ Flacco... far from perfect.

FQB..  that's pointing in the right direction now and I am glad of it. More than you know...cos after NE/Jax it was looking kinda bleak. 
Lj hasn;t missed a game, Sam has missed 25% of games 2 years runnning and b/c the Jets backups don;t even belong in the NFL, we ceded 4 losses each season.
Still LJs TD/INT ratio is quite healthy 19/5 , top 5 QBR this year...  getting better.
Harbaughs Ravens were a middling team w/ Flacco... far from perfect.

But Harbaugh has stability and is a leader. This is the perfect offense for LJ. I just don’t think it will last long. I also don’t think LJ could run a typical pro style offense well. He is a runner first and if that’s taken away I don’t think you will see such easy throws. The question is when will the NFL catch up.

10 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

I just don’t think it will last long. I also don’t think LJ could run a typical pro style offense well. He is a runner first and if that’s taken away I don’t think you will see such easy throws. The question is .....will the NFL catch up??

Last yr pass att/run att   was   170/147

This yr                                      299/124

"if that's taken away??" what , the first legless Qb? That's like saying Russell Wilson wouldnt be completing as many passes if you took away his ability to avoid the rush and make plays off schedule...

Soo... you said in 4 yrs this is year 2...so 2 more years Sam will ??  have a better QBR??
I'D LOVE TO SEEE THAT!!  I dont know tho.

One thing we've seen is a continuum of excellent play...  not like mcvay/goff and nagy/trubisky

WILL THE NFL CATCH UP?

Last yr pass att/run att   was   170/147
This yr                                      299/124
"if that's taken away??" what , the first legless Qb? That's like saying Russell Wilson wouldnt be completing as many passes if you took away his ability to avoid the rush and make plays off schedule...
Soo... you said in 4 yrs this is year 2...so 2 more years Sam will ??  have a better QBR??
I'D LOVE TO SEEE THAT!!  I dont know tho.
One thing we've seen is a continuum of excellent play...  not like mcvay/goff and nagy/trubisky
WILL THE NFL CATCH UP?

Darnold is so much better of a QB than either Goff or Trubisky. Darnold needs help. LJ was given the perfect RB, two good TE’s and a speed WR along with a very good OL. In two years, the Jets have to do the same for Sam.

11 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Darnold is so much better of a QB than either Goff or Trubisky. Darnold needs help. LJ was given the perfect RB, two good TE’s and a speed WR along with a very good OL. In two years, the Jets have to do the same for Sam.

Anyway, tween us let's just say we differ opinions on LJ..  I say LJ is the difference/the advantage...  his TALENT
that makes Balt what it is now.

And, yes, Sam needs more help. Bell is excellent when given some OL,
and Sam seems to be showing the same thing.

We still need another WR better than DT to complement the speed WR we have, and the slot we have...

BTW, i only mentioned trubisky and goff in relation to the NFL FIGURING IT OUT, I also believe Sam is way better.

Anyway, tween us let's just say we differ opinions on LJ..  I say LJ is the difference/the advantage...  his TALENT
that makes Balt what it is now.
And, yes, Sam needs more help. Bell is excellent when given some OL,
and Sam seems to be showing the same thing.
We still need another WR better than DT to complement the speed WR we have, and the slot we have...
BTW, i only mentioned trubisky and goff in relation to the NFL FIGURING IT OUT, I also believe Sam is way better.

I know LJ is the deal now, but outside of Brady every player/QB has been figured out. I think LJ as a passer is limited if you can take away the running. We will all see soon enough.

5 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

outside of Brady every player/QB has been figured out.

Barry Sanders was figured out?
Dan Fouts was figured out?
Brees was figured out? 

SMH.

Anyway, Balt went 5-11, 8-8, 9-7 and hadnt made the playoffs in 3 yrs.

(roughly equivalent to what Gase did in Miami
and Gase is a done nothing LOSER as a HC according to popular opinion)

Balt was 4-5 w/ Flacco last year. So LJ walked into a team that LOST MORE THAN WON for the last 3.5yrs.

And have gone 15-3 since.

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

I know LJ is the deal now, but outside of Brady every player/QB has been figured out. I think LJ as a passer is limited if you can take away the running. We will all see soon enough.

Easier said than done.  He may be the best running QB ever.  Won't last forever but until he gets hurt or loses a step he is going to be very hard to defend.  Don't you think the other DCs he's running over every week know as much as you do?