Rex on ESPN radio today

RonaldJet

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Did Rex injure his vocal cords? Because he hasn’t been interviewed for a job since.

How many guys get a third opportunity?  He was in a bad situation here and in Buffalo.  He had a GM openly trying to sabotage him in NY then his teams were injury ravaged in Buffalo.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

How many guys get a third opportunity?  He was in a bad situation here and in Buffalo.  He had a GM openly trying to sabotage him in NY then his teams were injury ravaged in Buffalo.

Many. But those guys actually are good coaches that do not create strife and turmoil within their own front offices. 

10 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

Listened to the podcast (Rick dipietros show).

Rex said Darnold is not taking the year 2 jump he expected and Gase isn’t a good head coach. Even said Jets would be better off with him. Didn’t give Gregg Williams any credit for the defense either. 

Honestly, as much as I like Rex and would to see him coach the Jets again some day, I think this is just Rex lobbying for the job? Sam Darnold has played very well given his circumstances and how bad this team is. Adam Gase IMO has done enough to earn another year. There's no HC (including Rex) that's going to win with this OL. That's just a fact.

The Jets hired Adam Gase, so I think he should get a fair chance. Rex, just like us, is going to play Monday morning QB with everything that the current coaching staff is doing.

20 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Honestly, as much as I like Rex and would to see him coach the Jets again some day, I think this is just Rex lobbying for the job? Sam Darnold has played very well given his circumstances and how bad this team is. Adam Gase IMO has done enough to earn another year. There's no HC (including Rex) that's going to win with this OL. That's just a fact.

The Jets hired Adam Gase, so I think he should get a fair chance. Rex, just like us, is going to play Monday morning QB with everything that the current coaching staff is doing.

If he were actually lobbying for the job he wouldn't criticise Sam. 

10 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

Listened to the podcast (Rick dipietros show).

Rex said Darnold is not taking the year 2 jump he expected and Gase isn’t a good head coach. Even said Jets would be better off with him. Didn’t give Gregg Williams any credit for the defense either. 

My God. Why would you post this. Rex hasn't  got the slightest clue about QB development or how to be a HC so why would anyone care about his opnion on these subjects?

10 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I get that people are nostalgic about the last contending team this franchise has had, but ya'll do remember that he had 4 straight non-winning seasons here, right?

Rex people act like he is 30 games over .500 or something. 

But that doesn't tell the whole story? NO ONE and I do mean NO ONE can be a successful HC when you're stuck with John Idzik picking the players and running player acquisition. That's a fact that gets repeated whenever John Idziks name comes up? Most anyone here will tell you John Idzik was hands down the WORST GM anyone had ever seen.

I disagree Darnold hasnt made a jump, he certainly has just maybe not as big as we'd like to see.  Surprised he didnt give Williams any love.  That said, he's probably right about being better under him.  After all, this is the same guy that made Mark Sanchez and Tyrod Taylor viable starters in the NFL.  

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

But that doesn't tell the whole story? NO ONE and I do mean NO ONE can be a successful HC when you're stuck with John Idzik picking the players and running player acquisition. That's a fact that gets repeated whenever John Idziks name comes up? Most anyone here will tell you John Idzik was hands down the WORST GM anyone had ever seen.

Have you noticed how terrible the Jags have been since picking up Idzick?  Once an up and coming team with talent everywhere and now they're in cap hell with a sh*tty roster.  Dude is a basically a nuclear bomb to an organization. 

11 hours ago, JTJet said:

Do you ever post or say anything positive about the team? 

Just a trend I've noticed so far. I could be wrong. 

It’s weird I was gonna say the same thing to the same poster yesterday. I was wondering what his previous banned name was lol. Not that I really care about his overall negativity but only that it was very strong. Like Darth Vader strong. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

If he were actually lobbying for the job he wouldn't criticise Sam. 

He didn't criticize Sammy. He just said Sammy hasn't had the kind of break out season everyone was thinking he'd have? He's also making it sound like he could have done a better job. I differ with that. Like I said already, no one can win with this OL including Bill Parcells.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Have you noticed how terrible the Jags have been since picking up Idzick?  Once an up and coming team with talent everywhere and now they're in cap hell with a sh*tty roster.  Dude is a basically a nuclear bomb to an organization. 

Well, he's not their GM now is he? I thought Tom Coughlin was making the picks? If any NFL team ever trusts that idiot to make their picks, they deserve everything bad thing they get. It actually takes a CONCERTED EFFORT to have 12 picks and squander every one of them? This is to say nothing about how much of a dickhead he was handling the roster. He also made every effort to shovel all of his misdeeds off on Rex. What a POS.

19 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

The problem is that the collapse started before Idzik and his mediocre coaching followed him to Buffalo for two years. 

He didn’t have a winning season for 6 straight seasons as head coach. 

At best, he’s mediocre. 

31 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The problem is that the collapse started before Idzik and his mediocre coaching followed him to Buffalo for two years. 

He didn’t have a winning season for 6 straight seasons as head coach. 

At best, he’s mediocre. 

The man won 8 games with a rookie Geno Smith at QB.  You will not find many better coaching jobs than that.  

The team went for it from 2008-2011.  2008 was ruined by a QB who didn't want to be here, 2009 and 2010 they were a game from the SB and 2011 they didn't have the right mix.  2012 was a transition year where they were getting cap flexibility back and they fired the GM and hired Idzik who sabotaged Rex but didn't realize he was sabotaging himself.

In Buffalo he kept us out of the playoffs by sweeping us with an inferior, injured team.  In 7 full seasons as a HC he was .500 or better 5 times.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The man won 8 games with a rookie Geno Smith at QB.  You will not find many better coaching jobs than that.  

The team went for it from 2008-2011.  2008 was ruined by a QB who didn't want to be here, 2009 and 2010 they were a game from the SB and 2011 they didn't have the right mix.  2012 was a transition year where they were getting cap flexibility back and they fired the GM and hired Idzik who sabotaged Rex but didn't realize he was sabotaging himself.

In Buffalo he kept us out of the playoffs by sweeping us with an inferior, injured team.  In 7 full seasons as a HC he was .500 or better 5 times.  

He's 61-66 in the regular season and 65-68, overall. 

Meh. 

I think we can do better

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He's 61-66 in the regular season and 65-68, overall. 

Meh. 

I think we can do better

That record is better than what bill Belichick has done without Tom Brady and he did it with Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith and tyrod Taylor.  The man can coach.

Just now, nyjunc said:

That record is better than what bill Belichick has done without Tom Brady and he did it with Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith and tyrod Taylor.  The man can coach.

I don't think he's a bad coach. 

He's just not as good as he thinks he is. 

I think he's average-ish.