2020 Draft General Plan - The Warfish Way (as of 1/6/20)

Warfish

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

JetNation - look at Gase's track record.  He's hasnt coached an offense that's ranked higher than 26th in the league in the last 4 years.  Also, look at all these other players who are doing great away from Gase.

Tom Shane - stop using feelings and bring an objective analysis to the table, please.

Shane feelz : gase :: vtf feelz : baker?

5 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Dude not arguing with u over needs but you are wayyyyyyy too negative.

as it stands now we won 7 games. 2 more makes 9 and thats wildcard material. We will improve, no doubt so calm down

With the schedule we had, we should have won 10 or 11. Bills, Fins, Cincy should all have beem wins. We probably should have beaten the Browns as well.that isn't  improved,  that is SOJ. 

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Those can be facts, but your conclusions are feelings-based. Gase’s Dolphins record was pertinent before you hired him; now it’s not. You’re not firing him because the Dolphins were bad, and you’re definitely not firing him after 7-9. If you’re rooting for him to be fired, you’re giving in to your feelings. Objectively, you should be hoping he becomes a winner here. If you fired him two days ago, you weren’t getting McCarthy or Rhule because those bridges were burned last year. There’s no way Belichick would let Joe Judge take this job, either. So what was your plan? Fire Gase and hope for Dick Vermeil? You, @Philc1, @joewilly12and GreenwichGlenn have to get it together. Onward. Root for the Jets.

Ummmm, by definition you are using feelings while others are using hard facts but hey it's cool.  You do you.  That said, I havent once advocated firing Adam Gase.  Not once and that's dating back to 1-7 days.  I've firmly been in the camp of letting him and JD have an offseason together.  I'm just pointing out how you're sitting on the fence so no matter what direction this goes, you werent wrong.  Basically, I'm pointing out to everyone that you have no balls errr conviction behind your Gase support.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm just pointing out how you're sitting on the fence so no matter what direction this goes, you werent wrong.  Basically, I'm pointing out to everyone that you have no balls errr conviction behind your Gase support.

As a devout Buddhist, I take great offense to this characterization of my ethos

43 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

as it stands now we won 7 games. 2 more makes 9 and thats wildcard material. We will improve, no doubt so calm down

Will we?

We played a literal cupcake schedule in 2019.  The eaisiest schedule since the Fitzmagic year of 2015, and 2008 before that.

You don't get to play that many horrible or mediocre teams every year.

Dolphins, Redskins, Bengals, Jacksonville, Giants, Cowboys, Raiders were all .500 teams or worse (and most were much worse).

We played only four winning teams:  New England, Buffalo, Baltimore and Philidelphia.

Odds say our schedule will be materially harder in 2020.

While I do expect this roster to improve, and have less injuries, they'll be playing a schedule with quite a few less cupcakes on it in 2020.

I think it's far too early to start promising 9 or more wins.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Will we?

We played a literal cupcake schedule in 2019.  The eaisiest schedule since the Fitzmagic year of 2015, and 2008 before that.

You don't get to play that many horrible or mediocre teams every year.

Dolphins, Redskins, Bengals, Jacksonville, Giants, Cowboys, Raiders were all .500 teams or worse (and most were much worse).

We played only four winning teams:  New England, Buffalo, Baltimore and Philidelphia.

Odds say our schedule will be materially harder in 2020.

While I do expect this roster to improve, and have less injuries, they'll be playing a schedule with quite a few less cupcakes on it in 2020.

I think it's far too early to start promising 9 or more wins.

Yep.  Those buildings keep getting taller in Vegas, and currently they have us sitting at 7.5 wins next season. 

A lot can change after the offseason, but clearly they're not buying our 2019 injury excuses as being enough to suggest we're a contender next year.  

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

With the schedule we had, we should have won 10 or 11. Bills, Fins, Cincy should all have beem wins. We probably should have beaten the Browns as well.that isn't  improved,  that is SOJ. 

And next year you dont know who we will play. You can say the schedule will get harder, but thats assuming every other team stays put. Guess what? Not the case.

No matter what the schedule is you cant say that this years “winners” are guaranteed to be next years winners as well. The league is fluid. Look at the pats, next year they will, or lets just say could, be a worse team. We get to play them twice. 

If we play the ravens maybe LJ is injured

the bills we play twice. They have improved, but so have we. Maybe they regress and we beat them twice

you cant assume a schedule will be hard because were playing next years versions, not this years versions

And I Like how some of you guys like to make the assumption that the good teams this year will still be good teams next year but it’s unfair to say that we won’t be any better completely ignoring the fact that CJ Mosley and Darnold didn’t exist in the first quarter of our schedule

5 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

And next year you dont know who we will play. You can say the schedule will get harder, but thats assuming every other team stays put. Guess what? Not the case.

No matter what the schedule is you cant say that this years “winners” are guaranteed to be next years winners as well. The league is fluid. Look at the pats, next year they will, or lets just say could, be a worse team. We get to play them twice. 

If we play the ravens maybe LJ is injured

the bills we play twice. They have improved, but so have we. Maybe they regress and we beat them twice

you cant assume a schedule will be hard because were playing next years versions, not this years versions

I don't  see how any of that makes it OK to lose to teams we all know were bad teams this season or blow 16 point leads in the second  half of games to good teams. We know last aeason the Fin, Bengals, Browns, were bad teams. We k kw we had a large enough lead on the Bills to win the game. Next uears schedule doesn't  change any of that.