2020 Draft General Plan - The Warfish Way (as of 1/6/20)

Warfish

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The quoted sections directly answer your question.

Look, of you don't  want to discuss this just say so. Someone asked you what if Adams isn't  traded and you wrote a new manifesto  as a response, you didn't  point to a disclaimer. If you don't  want to discuss this with me because i am basically saying your two guys you picked as a first make no sense because one will be gone and the other is a reach is fine with me. I know it's  hard to be critical  of your own plan. 

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Look, of you don't  want to discuss this just say so. Someone asked you what if Adams isn't  traded and you wrote a new manifesto  as a response, you didn't  point to a disclaimer. If you don't  want to discuss this with me because i am basically saying your two guys you picked as a first make no sense because one will be gone and the other is a reach is fine with me. I know it's  hard to be critical  of your own plan. 

I'm happy to discuss it and have done so.  I'm not going to keep engaging with someone who doesn't understand what I'm saying.

The scenario you raised was directly answered prior to you raising it.  I'm sorry you can't understand that.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What if most of the Mocks are right and Wirfs is off the board. Who do you take at 1? Lamb? That would make Jefferaon a pointless pickon the second and if the Jets take Willis over Lamb, I will be on this board saying we past on a what is possibly a generational WR for a reach at OL. 

52 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh BS. How many trade Sam threads have there been on the forum?

Do you think Watson or Pat perform any better running for their life every down?

How do you reconcile these two posts? In one, you say that you can’t pass on a skill player to draft a tackle, then in the next post you say it wouldn’t matter if Patrick Mahomes was here because he’d get killed behind this line? 

FWIW, that’s why trading Adams for the #17 is nice: presuming the top three tackles are off the board (Wirfs, Wills, Thomas), you can draft one of the (presumably) falling WRs like Lamb or Higgins, then do whatever you want at 17. If they like one of the second tier tackles, they can reach for one there, or they can get a center, or use it on someone like Epenesa or Gross-Matos. It gives you options at the pick itself, and it also leaves you with the $16mm no longer going to your strong safety to fill another spot. You can reasonably trade Adams and pick up three high-end starters with the return. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW, that’s why trading Adams for the #17 is nice: presuming the top three tackles are off the board (Wirfs, Wills, Thomas), you can draft one of the (presumably) falling WRs like Lamb or Higgins, then do whatever you want at 17. If they like one of the second tier tackles, they can reach for one there, or they can get a center, or use it on someone like Epenesa or Gross-Matos. It gives you options at the pick itself, and it also leaves you with the $16mm no longer going to your strong safety to fill another spot. You can reasonably trade Adams and pick up three high-end starters with the return. 

Trade QW there has to be a team that needs a young raw up and coming DL man. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Trade QW there has to be a team that needs a young raw up and coming DL man. 

The only issue with that is I want to see what Quinnen looks like after a year in an NFL weight room. He looked like a fat slob who couldn’t disengage from blockers because he lacked upper body strength. If that improves, I think he could be good

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So all they have to do is be successful in two first round draft picks AND a high priced free agent? Awesome should be a piece of cake.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So all they have to do is be successful in two first round draft picks AND a high priced free agent? Awesome should be a piece of cake.

Honest question Rutgers, do you think Jamal Adams is the player to build your franchise around?

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The only issue with that is I want to see what Quinnen looks like after a year in an NFL weight room. He looked like a fat slob who couldn’t disengage from blockers because he lacked upper body strength. If that improves, I think he could be good

Personally I think this train of thought never flies. 

He had been at Alabama for 3 years essentially doing nothing BUT working out at a NFL level at the premier college football program in the country, then an entire NFL level pre draft training regiment, then an entire NFL camp, then an entire NFL preseason, and then the entire NFL season...

.. and still looked like the fat kid that stayed up at night watching DragonBall Z and eating DingDongs.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, JTJet said:

He had been at Alabama for 3 years essentially doing nothing BUT working out at a NFL level at the premier college football program in the country, then an entire NFL level pre draft training regiment, then an entire NFL camp, then an entire NFL preseason, and then the entire NFL season...

.. and still looked like the fat kid that stayed up at night watching DragonBall Z and eating DingDongs.

There is nothing wrong with watching DBZ and eating ding dongs. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I'm happy to discuss it and have done so.  I'm not going to keep engaging with someone who doesn't understand what I'm saying.

The scenario you raised was directly answered prior to you raising it.  I'm sorry you can't understand that.

I think it's  pretty obvious you are not happy to discuss anything because you have not but that's  ok. You don't  have to and that's  fine and i don't  want to seem like an attention whore

Sorry, i haven't  read every post in the thread.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

How do you reconcile these two posts? In one, you say that you can’t pass on a skill player to draft a tackle, then in the next post you say it wouldn’t matter if Patrick Mahomes was here because he’d get killed behind this line? 

Well, they were addressing two dofferent things but i don't  agree passing on a need position for another if the one your passing onnhad the superior player. I believe Lamb could be the best WR drafted since OBJ. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I like this mock. I’d prefer to keep Jamal though. Joe D needs to sign him now though. I see Jamal as a cornerstone of this franchise. With better players around him, I think he can be even better. 

But if we trade him. I’ll be hoping for the best. 

I actually think this is the exact opposite if we get better D players.  If this team had a legit olb pass rusher there would be less blitzing if somehow quinnen became a more dominant player there would be a lot less, up at the line always going forward action from the SS.

And that would be a good thing for the Jets.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Image result for frieza slap gif"

Don't you dare besmirch the good name of DBZ

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

Honest question Rutgers, do you think Jamal Adams is the player to build your franchise around?

He is on of the guys that IMHO is the foundation of this franchise. Basically it is Adams and Darnold right now. I am not sold on Williams yet. Like Tom said give the kid a year in an NFL weight room and see what he is like in 2020. So he could be part of that foundation as well. 

The key now is for Douglas to get more pieces for it. OL is top priority. CB is another. 

If I were to trade Adams I would absolutely have to be blown away by an offer.

CeeDee won’t get past Arizona and Jeudy scares the crap out of me. OL will be a priority for a lot of teams. Even with Tua declaring, I fear that by the time #11 comes around, all of the top OL and the two elite WRs will be gone, and we’ll either be reaching on someone or taking another lower priority position.

What do we do then?

12 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

CeeDee won’t get past Arizona and Jeudy scares the crap out of me. OL will be a priority for a lot of teams. Even with Tua declaring, I fear that by the time #11 comes around, all of the top OL and the two elite WRs will be gone, and we’ll either be reaching on someone or taking another lower priority position.

What do we do then?

I would caution against the consensus thinking about where these prospects are ranked right now and who is considered the elite of those position groups.  There could very easily be 5 OTs worthy of the 11th pick and 4 WRs with that value as well.  Lots of time and lots of evaluations ahead.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And this is exactly why there's at least a remote chance Adams will hold out this year.  He's only due to make $3M next season.

There will not be a hold out. But I do think the contract gets re worked this year. 

9 hours ago, JTJet said:

Bama’s strength and conditioning coach makes over 500k, more than a lot d1 head coaches, for a reason

this give him a year in a nfl weight room is a joke