Jump to content
Rhg1084

Stefon Diggs available?

Recommended Posts

What we giving up for him? 26 years old with a fairly reasonable contract 

DF9A7A80-6679-4C8F-B64F-40AC1E943CE3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diggs was trying to get to the Pats last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see a scenario where the jets swap 1st round picks with Minnesota moving down to pick 25 and landing Diggs as well. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I can see a scenario where the jets swap 1st round picks with Minnesota moving down to pick 25 and landing Diggs as well. 

Diggs >>>>>>Robby Anderson and diggs only makes about 12 a year for the next few years.

If we can't lure Cooper here, I'd love to bring in Diggs and swapping picks makes sense. We can still address o line at 25. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Oh jeez, here we go.

Why would the Vikings give up a young, productive, cheap star WR just to move up a few spots?

Because JetNation amateur GMs say they should. 

I'm in first with the "maybe we can trade Adams to the Vikes for Diggs and a 3rd" before the rest of you.... :rl: 

The Vikings already have a significantly better strong safety than Jamal Adams

  • Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Oh jeez, here we go.

Why would the Vikings give up a young, productive, cheap star WR just to move up a few spots?

Because JetNation amateur GMs say they should. 

I'm in first with the "maybe we can trade Adams to the Vikes for Diggs and a 3rd" before the rest of you.... :rl: 

Well if Diggs demands a trade Minnesota would be in a tough position. If swapping 1s isn’t enough then you can swap the 1s and give them a 3 also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

and what if Diggs is demanding 19 mil per year, and the Vikings actually want fair value back, instead of  WFAN caller value?

He already has a contract. What’s fair value in your opinion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

and what if Diggs is demanding 19 mil per year, and the Vikings actually want fair value back, instead of  WFAN caller value?

Diggs is under contract for a long time at a very reasonable rate. Have you heard that he is demanding a raise? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Diggs is under contract for a long time at a very reasonable rate. Have you heard that he is demanding a raise? 

No. Have you heard he's demanding a trade?

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

No. Have you heard he's demanding a trade?

I posed a simple question, if Diggs becomes available what would you give up realistically for him? Not quite sure what your argument is. It seems as if diggs could be unhappy with his current situation based on social media postings 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

He already has a contract. What’s fair value in your opinion?

If we're going to play this game, you're Joe Douglas, I'm the Vikings GM. I just took your call.

"Hi Joe. Yeah, I don't know if I want to get rid of a young, productive player I have under a great contract for 4 years. But I'll tell you what, nobody is untouchable. I'll take your 1st round pick, that 3rd rounder you got from the NYG, and next years 2nd, which is actually a 3rd, wink, wink."

Now you play....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

No. Have you heard he's demanding a trade?

Um, yeah.. That's the point of this thread. It doesn't mean he is demanding a raise also.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’d take the  see amateur GMs all day everyday over Idzik and Macc. So would you. 

There are quite a few I would take, you're right. 

But there are a whole lot more I wouldn't trust to send out to get us a couple of veal parm heros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Um, yeah.. That's the point of this thread. It doesn't mean he is demanding a raise also.

Really? Where did he say that?

And if he was, why wouldn't he want a raise? Wouldn't you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

If we're going to play this game, you're Joe Douglas, I'm the Vikings GM. I just took your call.

"Hi Joe. Yeah, I don't know if I want to get rid of a young, productive player I have under a great contract for 4 years. But I'll tell you what, nobody is untouchable. I'll take your 1st round pick, that 3rd rounder you got from the NYG, and next years 2nd, which is actually a 3rd, wink, wink."

Now you play....

So I’m taking this as you wouldn’t trade anything for diggs if he becomes available? I still have no clue what you’re talking about lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

If we're going to play this game, you're Joe Douglas, I'm the Vikings GM. I just took your call.

"Hi Joe. Yeah, I don't know if I want to get rid of a young, productive player I have under a great contract for 4 years. But I'll tell you what, nobody is untouchable. I'll take your 1st round pick, that 3rd rounder you got from the NYG, and next years 2nd, which is actually a 3rd, wink, wink."

Now you play....

Click

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

There are quite a few I would take, you're right. 

But there are a whole lot more I wouldn't trust to send out to get us a couple of veal parm heros.

What would YOU offer the Vikings if Stefon Diggs demands a trade and becomes available. It’s a simple question you still haven’t answered after all these posts you’ve made 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

So I’m taking this as you wouldn’t trade anything for diggs if he becomes available? I still have no clue what you’re talking about lol

No, I think the whole thread is silly.

But I also just told you what I would ask if I were the Vikings. You never replied to that, so I think you're the one "who wouldn't trade anything for Diggs if he becomes available."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

There are quite a few I would take, you're right. 

But there are a whole lot more I wouldn't trust to send out to get us a couple of veal parm heros.

Think we need to test that 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stark said:

Click

I don't blame you. But that's what I'm asking for a guy like that who I don't have to trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Think we need to test that 

👍 I'm always down for a veal parm...

Any volunteers out there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Really? Where did he say that?

And if he was, why wouldn't he want a raise? Wouldn't you?

I have no idea what you're talking about. 

He wants out of Minny.. That's all we know. Not every player that demands a trade also asks for a raise.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

26 years old, high catch percentage every year, and ungodly cheap given his production. I’d hate to give up a draft pick for him, but I’d really think about giving them the #17 for him.

But we don't have the #17 pick in this....

 

Oh....

 

...wait a minute.

 

intrigued_urkel-DMID1-5dk2aopre-320x240.gif.1a12177f5db52c1c64548e97274068e4.gif

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I don't blame you. But that's what I'm asking for a guy like that who I don't have to trade.

And if you were the jets what would you offer them for Diggs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I have no idea what you're talking about. 

He wants out of Minny.. That's all we know. Not every player that demands a trade also asks for a raise.

I'm going really slowly here in this thread. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out what I'm talking about. But if you can't, lets just agree to move on, ok?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

But we don't have the #17 pick in this....

 

Oh....

 

...wait a minute.

 

intrigued_urkel-DMID1-5dk2aopre-320x240.gif.1a12177f5db52c1c64548e97274068e4.gif

Dude, it wasn't that hard. LOL

It's @T0mShane after all.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he really is available, it would be something to think about. I think he's a bit overrated and disappears in a lot of games, but he's much better than anything we have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

And if you were the jets what would you offer them for Diggs?

The discussion that the two of you are having is great but do you realize that @The Crusher is currently standing outside eating the second of four Veal Parmigiana sandwiches he just got as he waits for you to finish???

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

And if you were the jets what would you offer them for Diggs?

Cmon man. 

I quoted your post 20 minutes ago. I'm still waiting for what you'd reply. Here it is again. Give me YOUR counter.

20 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

If we're going to play this game, you're Joe Douglas, I'm the Vikings GM. I just took your call.

"Hi Joe. Yeah, I don't know if I want to get rid of a young, productive player I have under a great contract for 4 years. But I'll tell you what, nobody is untouchable. I'll take your 1st round pick, that 3rd rounder you got from the NYG, and next years 2nd, which is actually a 3rd, wink, wink."

Now you play....

I know what I'd offer, but you guys don't want to "trade" you want to get a steal. That isn't how it works. You have to give to get, and you don't want to give.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...