Stefon Diggs available?

Rhg1084

13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Cmon man. 

I quoted your post 20 minutes ago. I'm still waiting for what you'd reply. Here it is again. Give me YOUR counter.

I know what I'd offer, but you guys don't want to "trade" you want to get a steal. That isn't how it works. You have to give to get, and you don't want to give.

I’d offer a swap on 1s and either a 2 or 3. What would you offer ?

34 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I’d offer a swap on 1s and either a 2 or 3. What would you offer ?

I love Diggs as a player, I just think the price we'd have to pay to get him would be too high for a team with as many needs as the Jets have. I wouldn't look to make the trade where we are right now

No disrespect but what you're offering is almost the same as the one I mentioned in reply to you as a joke. It's not a crazy offer, but there's no way the Vikings take that. They have to come out with an extra 1st round pick.

Like I said I wouldn't make the trade, but if I had to do it, I'd open with an offer of our #1 pick and our 4th, but I'd be willing to give our later 3rd when they counter. Try to throw in a '21 4th round pick if they gave me back a 3rd next year. This would all be contingent on getting assurance from Diggs' agent he would honor his current deal.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

I posed a simple question, if Diggs becomes available what would you give up realistically for him? Not quite sure what your argument is. It seems as if diggs could be unhappy with his current situation based on social media postings 

They can have a 2d round pick, along with the note thanking them one more time for taking Kirk Cousins.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

They can have a 2d round pick, along with the note thanking them one more time for taking Kirk Cousins.  

I mean Cousins has thrown for 56 td passes and only 16 picks in two years with Minnesota. That’s pretty good if you ask me but what do I know ?

• Upvote 1

Don't mean to be a downer but diggs is great and everything no doubt, very talented but we are not some great team that's needs just one piece to go all the way. If Joe D is worth a damn, there is no way we get him. Because giving up a first round pick is what it's going to take and we can't afford that considering all the first rounders we don't have. 

I be first to admit he would be out best wr just like Gase would be sure to not use him effectively. Joe knows this and isn't going to get him.

It's best for our team when you really think about it.

It be nice but let just draft a wr in the first or second round and let Robby walk.

• Upvote 1

Why not just pay Cooper 4/5 million more than Diggs & keep all of your draft picks if he becomes available? You could draft the best Olineman, or Ceedee Lamb, maybe Jeudy, still have your #2, two #3s, your high #4.

Our draft picks are gold right now. I'd consider a swap of our #1s or if they would accept our #2 that's tough to turn down for a proven starting WR that can step right in. Add a Pittman with one of the 3rds? Boom. 

Diggs, Crowder, Pittman, Smyth? I like it. 

I mean Cousins has thrown for 56 td passes and only 16 picks in two years with Minnesota. That’s pretty good if you ask me but what do I know
Please don't be reasonable here ... No one will listen

To date Cousins is a much better QB than Darnold ... And it's not close.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Hmmmm.......the Vikings are very close to being a Super Bowl team, yet they may be willing to part with a 26 yr old, productive wr, who is an integral part of their offense. What could possibly be wrong with this picture? Maybe just a guy who is a problem? Maybe the fact that this may be the most loaded WR class in a long time, and they can get a better guy in the draft?

18 minutes ago, section314 said:

Hmmmm.......the Vikings are very close to being a Super Bowl team, yet they may be willing to part with a 26 yr old, productive wr, who is an integral part of their offense. What could possibly be wrong with this picture? Maybe just a guy who is a problem? Maybe the fact that this may be the most loaded WR class in a long time, and they can get a better guy in the draft?

They’re nine billion dollars over the cap and it’s Diggs who wants out because he hates Cousins 

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

F'ck no and I am a big fan of Diggs.

No swapping 1sts or adding other picks.

OFFENSIVE LINE

The draft has a lot of good Wr prospects and though as I restate, I like diggs we cannot get rid of draft capital.

Jets never had a second or third round pick be any type of productive player. So if they have to give up some draft picks to get a player like Diggs than I’m all in. I never understand everyone’s infatuation with draft picks when literally every single draft pick the jets have made in the last like 15 years have been busts 

• Haha 1

Trading out of the 11th pick guarantees we don't get a decent LT. And the draft is very deep at WR. It would seem to me the wrong way to spend capital given the nature of this draft. Not to mention that people here are actually willing to give up one of our 3rds as well? For Diggs? Vikings got him as a 6th round pick. Maybe we should learn how to draft better.

15 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Trading out of the 11th pick guarantees we don't get a decent LT. And the draft is very deep at WR. It would seem to me the wrong way to spend capital given the nature of this draft. Not to mention that people here are actually willing to give up one of our 3rds as well? For Diggs? Vikings got him as a 6th round pick. Maybe we should learn how to draft better.

Plus, he is all dome stats.  

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Jets never had a second or third round pick be any type of productive player. So if they have to give up some draft picks to get a player like Diggs than I’m all in. I never understand everyone’s infatuation with draft picks when literally every single draft pick the jets have made in the last like 15 years have been busts 

Surprised-Koala.jpg

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Well if Diggs demands a trade Minnesota would be in a tough position. If swapping 1s isn’t enough then you can swap the 1s and give them a 3 also

I really wouldn't do that. We could draft Lamb or Jeudy and grab and O-lineman with those picks and have a young #1 grow with our QB and save money to use on other positions.

6 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I really wouldn't do that. We could draft Lamb or Jeudy and grab and O-lineman with those picks and have a young #1 grow with our QB and save money to use on other positions.

The jets don’t draft good players! I can count on one hand the amount of good players they have drafted in the last 20 years! The odds on them hitting on a 3rd round choice are slim to none. I’d rather give up the draft capital to get a proven player 

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

26 years old, high catch percentage every year, and ungodly cheap given his production. I’d hate to give up a draft pick for Diggs, but I’d really think about giving up the #17 for him.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Do they need a stud Box Safety, by chance?

Oh.  # 17.  I feel dumb.  

9 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

So it just dawned on me. 

If there's a team we better hope isn't interested in this deal, it's Buffalo. Diggs would be a perfect fit for them.

They're exactly where we could've been if we had the offseason they did last year.

Yes, I'm sure Diggs will be happy playing in Siberia, watching passes sail wildly out of bounds, and spending 70 % of his snaps run-blocking.  

Sounds like paradise.  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

If we're going to play this game, you're Joe Douglas, I'm the Vikings GM. I just took your call.

"Hi Joe. Yeah, I don't know if I want to get rid of a young, productive player I have under a great contract for 4 years. But I'll tell you what, nobody is untouchable. I'll take your 1st round pick, that 3rd rounder you got from the NYG, and next years 2nd, which is actually a 3rd, wink, wink."

Now you play....

Ok, I'm JD. CLICK