***Jets Vs Dolphins Monday Night Miracle 10/23/2000 Game Thread ***

Monday Night Miracle; there was nothing like it. 

I absolutely love these types of All-Time classic games while watching live and wouldn't trade them for the world and thankful to have been apart of them. 

But I can not really enjoy them during a re-watch because I already know the outcome of yet another season of heartbreaking, heartbreak. 

I've watched this game 2x in it's entirety since originally happened live (was just a high school kid back then) and during my two rewatche's, I'm sorry; but I just couldn't enjoy them the ways that I wish I could (or as I once did, live). 

Same with Cincy and SD 2009 and Indy/N.E games of 2010.

I for the life of me no matter how bad I want to, can not convince myself to rewatch those 4 playoff wins. I just can't. No matter how bad I tell myself to order a box of pizza with sone wings and sit down in reminiscence while enjoying historic and exciting wins... I simply can not as just the thought alone of Indianapolis 2009 and Pittsburgh 2010 makes me absolutely disgusted - to the point of not even caring enough to even bother. 

I love the Jets. I just want a Jets Super Bowl fan experience for once - where I can actually go back and rewatch and re-live our legendary Jet victories ending in a SB ending fairy tale story - because Denver of 1998/2009 Indianapolis and 2010 Pittsburgh bothers me more than people know and the Monday Night Miracle in the Meadowlands did not end up as a miracle shortly thereafter (which ruins for me). 

I have a best friend of mine since dating back to my childhood days of Queens. N.Y Giants fan. Him and his father have this tradition. Every off-season during Sunday's him and his dad (an amazing man) they'll get together in order to rewatch legendary Giant games from their 1986, 1990, 2007 & 2011 magical season. I've never once told him (o.k maybe I have) but he has no idea how bad I wish me and my older brother could get together in order to do the same. 

Hang in there Jet fans. It'll happen for us one day too and then it'll all become worth it and even more sweet. And we won't be tainted with *asterisks* either.

And then I can really appreciate a rewatch of games like Monday Night Miracle and Patriots 2010 (many of others).

I think Sam Darnold is the one for us. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

That game reminds me of groin pain.

When the comeback started, I made a pact with God that I wouldn't move from the exact position I was sitting in.  Two arms on the ends of the chair.  Upright against the couch cushion.  One knee bent up.  One leg straight out.  And then it kept going.  And going.  And going.  And commercials.  And timeouts.  And overtime.  And to this day no one has thanked me for singlehandedly winning this game via my sacrifice.

I don't remember celebrating.  I remember urinating.

SAR I

i thought you never missed a home game  ?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Monday Night Miracle; there was nothing like it. 

I absolutely love these types of All-Time classic games while watching live and wouldn't trade them for the world and thankful to have been apart of them. 

But I can not really enjoy them during a re-watch because I already know the outcome of yet another season of heartbreaking, heartbreak. 

I've watched this game 2x in it's entirety since originally happened live (was just a high school kid back then) and during my two rewatche's, I'm sorry; but I just couldn't enjoy them the ways that I wish I could (or as I once did, live). 

Same with Cincy and SD 2009 and Indy/N.E games of 2010.

I for the life of me no matter how bad I want to, can not convince myself to rewatch those 4 playoff wins. I just can't. No matter how bad I tell myself to order a box of pizza with sone wings and sit down in reminiscence while enjoying historic and exciting wins... I simply can not as just the thought alone of Indianapolis 2009 and Pittsburgh 2010 makes me absolutely disgusted - to the point of not even caring enough to even bother. 

I love the Jets. I just want a Jets Super Bowl fan experience for once - where I can actually go back and rewatch and re-live our legendary Jet victories ending in a SB ending fairy tale story - because Denver of 1998/2009 Indianapolis and 2010 Pittsburgh bothers me more than people know and the Monday Night Miracle in the Meadowlands did not end up as a miracle shortly thereafter (which ruins for me). 

I have a best friend of mine since dating back to my childhood days of Queens. N.Y Giants fan. Him and his father have this tradition. Every off-season during Sunday's him and his dad (an amazing man) they'll get together in order to rewatch legendary Giant games from their 1986, 1990, 2007 & 2011 magical season. I've never once told him (o.k maybe I have) but he has no idea how bad I wish me and my older brother could get together in order to do the same. 

Hang in there Jet fans. It'll happen for us one day too and then it'll all become worth it and even more sweet. And we won't be tainted with *asterisks* either.

And then I can really appreciate a rewatch of games like Monday Night Miracle and Patriots 2010 (many of others).

I think Sam Darnold is the one for us. 

Remember the patriots had years of suck before their dynasty. Hopefully it’s our turn!

1 hour ago, docdhc said:

Remember the patriots had years of suck before their dynasty. Hopefully it’s our turn!

Yes. I remember very well.

And dating back to 1960 they had 0 Super Bowl wins as a Franchise (before Brady/Belichick) which is why they were always the team outside of the Northeast Region such as Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont and Massachusetts that fans didn't even care enough about to even talk about and now that Brady is gone, they'll once again become the team that none of us even care enough to even talk about anymore (just like it's always been). 

I know 100% that Sam Darnold is the one to lead us to the promise land. 

You know what? Why not. I'm going to rewatch our Monday Night Miracle in the Meadowlawns epic comeback for only the 3rd time since it first aired with my wife and daughter tonight.  Order us some pizza and wings with some chips and dip and tell them all about the likes of

Broadway Vinny (color blind) Testaverde, #28 Curtis my favorite Martin, Mr. FSU himself in speed burning Coles and Mr. 3rd down Chrebet, some awesome O-Lineman in Jumbo, Fabini, Randy Thomas being led by Mawae and a strong defense with Marvin Jones, Bryan Cox, Mo Lewis, Shaun Ellis, Glenn/Green/Mickens and more importantly since my daughter is only 8 and in little league basketball; get to teach my daughter about her never getting to high and celebrating too early before the clock reads 0:00 while using Jason Taylor as an example while he laughed and smiled like a clown on the sidelines with a big lead. 

Should be pretty fun to do. Time goes by too fast. I was only 15 and watched the game with my wife of today when we were in High School. Crazy! She didn't sit and watch the entire game with me I still to this day remember her laughing @ me for being so mad @ halftime lol

4 hours ago, docdhc said:

I had forgotten how annoying Dennis Miller was. 

Artie Lange used to talk about how he’d be depressed and drunk at a bar losing thousands of dollars on a MNF game and he’d have to hear Dennis Miller talking about a 19th century Russian poet

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Artie Lange used to talk about how he’d be depressed and drunk at a bar losing thousands of dollars on a MNF game and he’d have to hear Dennis Miller talking about a 19th century Russian poet

I liked Miller and Michael’s tenure. They gave every game a sense of rational analysis and grandeur that was focused on the game, as opposed to the contrived over the top drama today. The last of the great host teams to date.

i still remember Miller’s description of the artist Christo’s decoration of the Ponte Neuf during a game.