***Jets Vs Dolphins Monday Night Miracle 10/23/2000 Game Thread ***

Greatest comeback I've witnessed. 

I stayed up watching the game while my uncle Phil (who I'm named after) went to sleep my only regret is that me and my older brother dating back to the 90's have missed a combined total of less than 10 games together; and that was one of them (as he had to work and still to this day wish we could have went crazy together during that legendary comeback). 

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I just heard the Jets are airing this tonight on their web site

Great game for Vinny and the jets and all of us who stayed in the stadium

I watched the whole game. Magical comeback that I'll never forget. Why I love this team. These moments.

• Upvote 3

Anybody see the short doc on the Jet's streaming channel about the MNM?  $##!  I totally forgot that Ah-nuld was there and predicted a comeback.  The first dropped interception.  Been so long since I've seen it when it first aired.  One of the greatest football games I've ever seen.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Anybody see the short doc on the Jet's streaming channel about the MNM?  $##!  I totally forgot that Ah-nuld was there and predicted a comeback.  The first dropped interception.  Been so long since I've seen it when it first aired.  One of the greatest football games I've ever seen.

He said it at the half to the MNF crew

• Upvote 1

One of the few Jets games I didn't watch live since 1991.  I was a sophomore in HS and had played pretty much every snap of a JV football game earlier that afternoon.  I was exhausted and went to bed in the first half.  Safe to say I was more than a bit surprised when I woke up.

Likely my favorite regular season game of all time, and one of the great games in NFL history. I have seen it several times in its entirety and it still seems unlikely even knowing the outcome. Big comebacks are more common now then it was when that game was played. It was a complete outlier.

Not counting the SB win, Postseason it is likely NE as most exciting. I REALLY thought we were destined to win the SB that year after that game. But so did the Jets and they came out flat.

If Herm knew what a play action pass was later in a game we go to the SB that year as well.

2 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

He said it at the half to the MNF crew

Yea I think he said something like “the Jets are going to terminate the Dolphins”

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ljr said:

you motivated me to go check it out, it's on youtube already, not blocked by the NFL

Yeah, youre right.  My friend hasnt gotten back with the details but now that it got my interest can always watch on YouTube

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Finished the season with three straight losses... pissed me off. Thought we had a good team that year. 

We started our AMAZING 4-0 and beat good teams on the road

That and 2008 were the two most excruciating jet collapses

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Many did 

Me and my buddy got up to leave, started out of GS and when Vinny threw the TD down 30-7 we decided to go back in to watch a little more football.

I'm so glad we did

Was watching at home with some fellow Jet fans.   They left at halftime and then we watched and talked about the second half as they made that incredible comeback.  I was so jacked when the game ended at 1 am that I couldnt go to sleep for hrs

• Upvote 2

I was intending to go to this game but fell violently ill over the weekend with a stomach virus - and even though I felt better by Monday late afternoon, I was still a bit shaky and was talked out of going.

Do I regret it?

Not for a second. I would have 100% left early and never would have seen the 4th quarter comeback.

It worked out for the best.

• Haha 1

I left early in the 3rd qtr.  I had an hour and half ride home and had to work in the morning.  Plus I was at the game with my cousin who grew up in Fla and was a huge dolphin fan.  I heard them win it on the radio and had a nice chat with my cousin on my flip phone whey the Jets finally won!

• Upvote 1

That game reminds me of groin pain.

When the comeback started, I made a pact with God that I wouldn't move from the exact position I was sitting in.  Two arms on the ends of the chair.  Upright against the couch cushion.  One knee bent up.  One leg straight out.  And then it kept going.  And going.  And going.  And commercials.  And timeouts.  And overtime.  And to this day no one has thanked me for singlehandedly winning this game via my sacrifice.

I don't remember celebrating.  I remember urinating.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2