Blade Mafia - Blood of the Forefathers

Pac

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Here is Nyn's response to me asking if she found Drums post scummy.

Acknowledges it was scummy but calls it pointless. It wasnt pointless, he was gearing up to vote the leader in votes, got called out on it and went to 80 instead as Nyn defended him.

My personal reads are Drums and Hess are not town.  Boozer would round off my 3rd but if Leelou knows something we dont, than that's groovy too!

Isn't it safe to assume Nyn didn't know Drums alliance? There was no motivation for her to avoid killing scum as someone with a solo win condition.

Your personal reads are drums/hess but you're going with whatever Leelou votes because stuff and ignoring your biggest town read (80 who you've been defending all game) who voted Stark.

Can you please unpack this sh*t for me?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, DPR said:

Nope

Nyn was parked on 80 because she thought he was scum - it's not bussing because she wasn't mafia. Hitting scum builds her town cred, especially since she was an apprentice. You can take all of her reads as genuine with the one caveat that she may or may not have known who the SK is (some apprentices are not told who the primary is - just depends on how Pac set it up). I do not see 80 as the SK. 

Like I said, I still need to iso Drums, but it's telling that your idea and vote got no traction. Just sayin'

Maybe we're just looking at the set up different...but coming to the same conclusion.  I dont think 80 is SK and Nyn was treating him like cult.  She's been on him for 2 phases since before the conversinos. 

I'm looking at the Blade team as scum because my assumption is they've been together this whole time.  So unless you think Nyn was cult hunting to gain cred (she was saying scum) I dont agree with your take here.

80 is good in my book for the day.

11 minutes ago, DPR said:

She was not town or she would have been labeled as town. She was independent with a seperate wincon. She would have been told what her role was and she would have been promoted to SK if the primary SK had been killed. 

We're starting to game the mod here but I think the SK's are a team and all the apprentice means is that she could have kept killing if Blade died. 

So back to my point, Im not saying 80 is clear but he could but cult but I dont think he's a SK or either for that matter...for now.

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Isn't it safe to assume Nyn didn't know Drums alliance? There was no motivation for her to avoid killing scum as someone with a solo win condition.

Your personal reads are drums/hess but you're going with whatever Leelou votes because stuff and ignoring your biggest town read (80 who you've been defending all game) who voted Stark.

Can you please unpack this sh*t for me?

Im saying I think Nyn might have been defending Drums who is on her team or Blade.  Nyn went out of her way to "town read" Drums on D1.  Even referenced it when I questioned her for not noticing the huge ping Drums dropped.  Claimed he wasnt scum but maybe cult.  It's possible, Nyn a very strong player, cleared Drums on D1 allowing her to distance without bussing, which would be wise to do on a small SK team.  JN loves to bus to distance and give cred.  Cant do that if you're 1 of 2 or 3 people.  Another way?  Read that players as a hard town read early, proclaim it, that way if they get heat you can nod your head and say, "yeah but their early actions, blah blah blah".

Let me preface, the crux of my case on Drums isnt Nyn.  This could be totally off and I could be totally wrong about Nyn's play.  I'm just making my observations because that's what I do.  Still, Drums post is my biggest ping and that's what matters most.

I've voting DPR because the way Lee dropped that vote immediately to start the day without a reason that she knew something.

That doesnt mean I dont put in some work on other players.  If Lee tells me it's not what I thought it was, I'm moving to Drums or Hess.  Those dudes are not town.

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

Maybe we're just looking at the set up different...but coming to the same conclusion.  I dont think 80 is SK and Nyn was treating him like cult.  She's been on him for 2 phases since before the conversinos. 

I'm looking at the Blade team as scum because my assumption is they've been together this whole time.  So unless you think Nyn was cult hunting to gain cred (she was saying scum) I dont agree with your take here.

I'm thinking that Nyn had 80 pegged as mafia (cult or vamp - makes no difference) and because she was not mafia, we can trust he read to be honest. 

Because we know her role now, her reads become some of the best info we have. We need to use that info. Everyone should iso her. 

She was absolutely "cult hunting" (again, cult and vamp are both mafia here, yeah? All fall under the umbrella of "scum").

I'm not sold on a "Blade Team" because N1 clearly mentioned Blade killing Nolder. Blade was not mentioned at all last night. It looks to me like Blade and the SK are different entities, and Nyn was the SK Apprentice, nothing to do with Blade.

I could have it wrong, but that's what jumped into my head as soon as I read the scene. 

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

We're starting to game the mod here but I think the SK's are a team and all the apprentice means is that she could have kept killing if Blade died. 

So back to my point, Im not saying 80 is clear but he could but cult but I dont think he's a SK or either for that matter...for now.

I don't see any gaming of the mod here - we're speculating on the setup. 

You have defended 80 a lot  - you went from he "smells like roses" to "not saying 80 is clear" awfully fast. 

Will you break down exactly what you see in 80? 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Im saying I think Nyn might have been defending Drums who is on her team or Blade.  Nyn went out of her way to "town read" Drums on D1.  Even referenced it when I questioned her for not noticing the huge ping Drums dropped.  Claimed he wasnt scum but maybe cult.  It's possible, Nyn a very strong player, cleared Drums on D1 allowing her to distance without bussing, which would be wise to do on a small SK team.  JN loves to bus to distance and give cred.  Cant do that if you're 1 of 2 or 3 people.  Another way?  Read that players as a hard town read early, proclaim it, that way if they get heat you can nod your head and say, "yeah but their early actions, blah blah blah".

Let me preface, the crux of my case on Drums isnt Nyn.  This could be totally off and I could be totally wrong about Nyn's play.  I'm just making my observations because that's what I do.  Still, Drums post is my biggest ping and that's what matters most.

I've voting DPR because the way Lee dropped that vote immediately to start the day without a reason that she knew something.

That doesnt mean I dont put in some work on other players.  If Lee tells me it's not what I thought it was, I'm moving to Drums or Hess.  Those dudes are not town.

I'm going to iso Drums before speculating on this further.  

30 minutes ago, JiF said:

OK - I can buy this. I tell you what, I'll assume you're town for a bit here. I like your idea of competing trains and don't mind Drums/DPR ... I'll go Drums for now based on the post that pinged and nyn throwing ice on it. Seems like a good shot at the SK.

vote drums

23 minutes ago, DPR said:

I still need to iso him too, but I agree he's not been overly helpful so far. 

2 questions:

1. What do you think about a an every-other-night kill trade from Blade and the SK?

2. With all of the "missed" vamp conversions, did you notice any pattern to any player(s) having to earn those chances to try to convert? Gata was an Ambitious Townie who could earn stuff - it looks like others are similar. Did you see any signs that make you think the vamps had to earn their attempts?

I saw that. She clearly didn't think it was a high priority, but she kept it in her pocket for later. Was the Drums quote before or after the conversions, and if it was before, did he strike you as an OG vamp?

It's not that Hess hasnt been helpful, I mean, he hasnt but it's the pity party/I knew better but I had to/I cant believe you hammered garbage charade he's put on so far for each lynch.

1. So you're saying they are both solo?  Nyn an independent SK and player X is Blade.  Nyn shot at night, player X shoots at day or vice versa?  That could make sense.  My first assumption was a team with both day and night kills but Im smelling what you're stepping in.  No clue though.

2.  For ****s sake, I hope not, if I'm supposed to be searching for that sh*t all this time and it's a conversion game, I dont care.  lol  and I'm not going to back to find them if this is a possible scenario.  That said, obvi there are players that can earn things, I cant but who the **** knows what Pac put in here.  If I were to guess?  I dont think Pac would make you do anything other than some silly sh*t to earn it.  

The Drums post was after the conversion, it didnt strike me one team or the other, but certainly not a town post and a huge ping.

Thoughts on Lee opening the day with a DPR post, no rationale and ghosting?  Im obvi reading it one way since I'm voting you.

16 minutes ago, DPR said:

I'm thinking that Nyn had 80 pegged as mafia (cult or vamp - makes no difference) and because she was not mafia, we can trust he read to be honest. 

Because we know her role now, her reads become some of the best info we have. We need to use that info. Everyone should iso her. 

She was absolutely "cult hunting" (again, cult and vamp are both mafia here, yeah? All fall under the umbrella of "scum").

I'm not sold on a "Blade Team" because N1 clearly mentioned Blade killing Nolder. Blade was not mentioned at all last night. It looks to me like Blade and the SK are different entities, and Nyn was the SK Apprentice, nothing to do with Blade.

I could have it wrong, but that's what jumped into my head as soon as I read the scene. 

I don't see any gaming of the mod here - we're speculating on the setup. 

You have defended 80 a lot  - you went from he "smells like roses" to "not saying 80 is clear" awfully fast. 

Will you break down exactly what you see in 80? 

You're making sense, so I'm second guessing, which is all I do in these stupid ******* set ups.

In general, I've been reading 80 as town.  Seeing that Nyn was going after him and that my assumption was there is a SK team, I cleared 80 from the thought of SK (scum/wtf ever/h8these games).  It was a mistake to clear him from cult consideration.

16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

OK - I can buy this. I tell you what, I'll assume you're town for a bit here. I like your idea of competing trains and don't mind Drums/DPR ... I'll go Drums for now based on the post that pinged and nyn throwing ice on it. Seems like a good shot at the SK.

vote drums

Unvote

Vote Drums

19 hours ago, Leelou said:

Nolder’s D1 case on Drums moved me, yours is helping. 

I still don’t feel comfortable with DPR’s town read on SMC, so I’ll revisit DPR later in a reread. 

unvote, vote Drums

Leelou dropped this post hammer.  

Opened the day voting DRP.

SMC is arguably my strongest town read.

She didnt really "revisit" DPR, rather, she voted him and ghosted.

ewwwwww

Ok final thoughts after all that and DPR making some solid points.  I have no ******* clue how this game is set up but I do know these things:

Drums had the biggest ping of the game and I do not think he's town.

Boozers post yesterday was disgusting and I wouldnt be surprised if he was converted yesterday. 

Leelou is looking weirdy right now with her tunnel vision on DPR and that vote with no explanation and then ghosting.  Possible convert.

Hess is the cult leader.

I was wrong to say that 80 smelled like roses.  That said, I dont think he's a SK but would he have the balls to come out with this first post of the game and call out this game being a conversion game and he's part of the cult/ cult leader or wtf ever?  idk.  Fine with a train on him though.

Barry is cool for wanting to execute my brilliant strategy.  CTM is a gigantic vagina hole if he's not town.  I liked some of the effort I saw from AVM yesterday.  SMC is town.

Lets ****. 

10 hours ago, Pac said:

Might as well be Rumple Minze compared to the White Russians..  I enjoy getting buzzed about once every month or 2 and rarely get drunk these days..  

25 year old me would be 2 40's in at this time before leaving for the club...  Can't say I miss it.

I also like a good Rose, or some chamomile tea with CBD honey in it. Not the kind with THC though, that’s too baller for my taste.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DPR said:

Nope

Nyn was parked on 80 because she thought he was scum - it's not bussing because she wasn't mafia. Hitting scum builds her town cred, especially since she was an apprentice. You can take all of her reads as genuine with the one caveat that she may or may not have known who the SK is (some apprentices are not told who the primary is - just depends on how Pac set it up). I do not see 80 as the SK. 

Like I said, I still need to iso Drums, but it's telling that your idea and vote got no traction. Just sayin'

FWIW.  I agree with his commentary.  Drums' post pinged.  I mentioned it then.  Not sure its lynch worthy but it does put him in the conversation.  

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Here is Nyn's response to me asking if she found Drums post scummy.

Acknowledges it was scummy but calls it pointless. It wasnt pointless, he was gearing up to vote the leader in votes, got called out on it and went to 80 instead as Nyn defended him.

My personal reads are Drums and Hess are not town.  Boozer would round off my 3rd but if Leelou knows something we dont, than that's groovy too!

Why Boozer again?

1 minute ago, Jetscode1 said:

FWIW.  I agree with his commentary.  Drums' post pinged.  I mentioned it then.  Not sure its lynch worthy but it does put him in the conversation.  

Ok, I get that it pinged. I am town though so I am willing to answer any questions or whatever else to help clear this up.