Blade Mafia - Blood of the Forefathers

Pac

2 minutes ago, DPR said:

Vote 80

I haven't had the chance to iso him yet, but he's been pinging me all game and too many other people are feeling that as well - the current votes on him are not some random train being pushed. 

Also, JC is doing a lot of nudging this morning. He is a careful player, but we're far enough into the game for him to know where he stands and he doesn't need to be playing 40 questions without laying down reads and a vote.

My vote is in the thread.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is Drums 5th game. He was scum only once in his last game where his basically hid. 

He is posting more this game and "feels" more like town Drums. He does seem to be a smart player, and that could be an adjustment knowing it would stand out like a sore thumb if he just hid again.

That would be one hell of an adjustment. Go back and iso him - if he's faking casual play when he's scum that well on his 5th game, he deserves a cookie. 

3 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

JiF is in my town pile.  Still need to re-read to confirm Barry's suggestion that he defended 80.  

Vote @Jetsfan80

2 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

My vote is in the thread.

My apology - I took that as an @

Do you always vote that way? I honestly can't remember. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

JiF is in my town pile.  Still need to re-read to confirm Barry's suggestion that he defended 80.  

Vote @Jetsfan80

Now that Barry pointed it out, if you haven’t noticed JiF Defending 80, you haven’t been reading. JiF has now changed his view, but he was pro 80 for a while.

On 4/16/2020 at 9:39 PM, 32EBoozer said:

You know @A.J.J, looking at those voting for you I might have misjudged you!! Give me a little time to go back and read up

Doing some re-reading and this caught my eye. AJ was town, but at this point he has been converted and Booz decides maybe he's "misjudged" AJ. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

Doing some re-reading and this caught my eye. AJ was town, but at this point he has been converted and Booz decides maybe he's "misjudged" AJ. 

IIRC I don’t think I took my vote off AJ (need to go back and check) Add to that my vote placed on 80 train (along with you)and I’m uncertain of your argument.

Boy this is a very “Gotcha” game.

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

IIRC I don’t think I took my vote off AJ (need to go back and check) Add to that my vote placed on 80 train (along with you)and I’m uncertain of your argument.

Boy this is a very “Gotcha” game.

I didn't call you scum (yet) just that it caught my attention. I'm looking for some subtle changes in people. You ended up voting Jif that day. 

29 minutes ago, DPR said:

Now that Barry pointed it out, if you haven’t noticed JiF Defending 80, you haven’t been reading. JiF has now changed his view, but he was pro 80 for a while.

On 4/14/2020 at 8:12 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

To me, in general, voting JiF on D1 is pretty worthless.  If he's scum, he'll get figured out fairly easy over time.  If he's town, he's either an asset or someone we can make fun of when wrong.  

Where is @Drums?

I've been saving this post but this is the reverse: 80 sorta covering Jif. "Hey don't vote him yet save him for later" type of thing

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

this might save you some time

A lot to unravel in there.  Some good observations, some not so much.  At one point you claim JiF was defending 80 against 80 who was voting himself.  Meh.  80 gets lynched Day 1 often.  At the time I didn't want to lynch 80.  I do now.  Probably need to see the flip of 80.

On 4/13/2020 at 10:32 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Unprompted defense of nyn is ... Odd

On 4/13/2020 at 10:33 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

unvote

vote lee

On 4/13/2020 at 10:33 AM, Nynaeve said:

She loves me. Dont be jelly

On 4/13/2020 at 10:42 AM, Leelou said:

Just calling out something that struck me as odd.

On 4/13/2020 at 11:22 AM, Leelou said:

I was just calling out what I saw. It stuck out to me that a few people were calling her out for missing Verb’s post. 

On 4/13/2020 at 1:05 PM, A.J. said:

unvote

Vote Leelou

not feeling the GATA wagon as much and this looks like a good place for scum swooping in when it was picking up steam. Gonna roll with Barry on this one

On 4/13/2020 at 2:23 PM, Nynaeve said:

Thoughts on Nolder?

On 4/13/2020 at 2:48 PM, Nynaeve said:

I don't coordinate content I post with anyone, even as scum. Just a general fyi.

Lee and I are not too far apart in the way we think. And it doesn't surprise me in the least that she noticed what I did.

Your angle is pretty gross. 

On 4/16/2020 at 2:51 PM, Nynaeve said:

@Leelou I came out of D1 feeling pretty okay with you but looking back at your posts looking for what AJ pointed out... if you're town I really need you to step it up. pls ❤️ 

On 4/16/2020 at 9:56 PM, Nynaeve said:

Honestly I still feel pretty good about drums. DPR trended up with getting a bit more involved. Really liked Barry digging in on his suss and sharing thoughts and observation. Felt very through and focused. I still kinda like Jville though someone commented that he plays like this as either alignment so not feeling super confident there since I don't have a lot of experience reading him. AVM also made some valid posts.

Verb is back to null. TO BE CONTINUED. Same as AJ though out of the two AJ sounds better. As far as SMC he is a low poster but when he does make a point of saying something it seems fine. Like I'm not blown away by any means, but he hasn't said anything that bothered me.

Lee is rapidly trending down. She feels withdrawn... maybe displeased. Shame cause she seemed observant at first but it fell through. Not quite ready to lynch her but my antenna is definitely up.

Would lynch: 80, Lizzie, CTM.

Hess, JC and JiF are pretty much ???? lol  - ie there's stuff I liked and stuff I didn't like. Out of the three I prolly feel best about Hess.

The rest I don't remember much from. Stark, beaver and boozer I think. It also does't help that I keep mixing up beaver and boozer and have no idea from the little I remember which post belongs to who xD

^^^

I was re-reading my ping on Lee unprompted defense of nyn to see if I could find anything knowing she's apprentice sk. It seems she was changing her mind on Lee and got nervous about her. So at face value I read this as Lee is probably NOT the sk and the unprompted defense probably was just what Lee/nyn defended it to be. There is of course the possibility that nyn wants to distance herself from lee as SK after that early unprompted defense.

Usually when I try to overthink things it's the wrong way to go, so I'll rule out Lee as SK for now.

I am weary of anyone she felt good about - bolding them above (not myself). But to DPR's earlier point, she can just scum hunt because it helps her win condition and gives her town credit.

23 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Btw after Lizzie, 80 needs to go.

He went on endlessly about Gata's lynch providing so much info and he inferred nothing from it. Because there was nothing to infer from it quite frankly. And he was very adamant about it on D1. 

Didnt have much to say when I confronted him about it either.

At least JiF and CTM are being pretty upfront. He was trying to sell a totally different agenda that he didnt follow through on.

^ 80 needs to go - YUP

Eh... no.

^ boozer FoS'd JiF - nyn didn't like it. Defense of JiF noted.

It's how it comes across. It's like we didnt agree on you protecting yourself with an outed cop. I thought it was reckless and you thought it was the sensible thing.

I understand what you're saying fwiw. I dont think your take is scummy, is what I mean. Whether or not I agree is an unrelated matter.

Point is this is very typical of how you wrap your mind around things and how to approach a situation. Ie I don't mind it.

^ more on why she's good with JiF

19 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

@CTM if you keep upvoting every post I make this might lead to a committed relationship. I'm telling you this so you don't say later that there were no warning signs.

Consider yourself warned

^ I originally read this post as a joke. Knowing nyn was apprentice sk and the possibility that SK doesn't know about their apprentice - I read this as a possible signal to CTM. Of course that would mean nyn knows who the SK is but not the other way around, which seems weird.  I'll defer to veteran players on realistic game setups as I'm completely lost on that aspect of the game.

32 minutes ago, DPR said:

Day 1 is Day 1.  80 gets lynched often and had just been the D1 lynch in the last game.  Barry's anthem was a mixed bag.  

9 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

A lot to unravel in there.  Some good observations, some not so much.  At one point you claim JiF was defending 80 against 80 who was voting himself.  Meh.  80 gets lynched Day 1 often.  At the time I didn't want to lynch 80.  I do now.  Probably need to see the flip of 80.

Are you talking about this?

^ He just decided to post up a defense of 80 because?

If that's not what you're talking about, please be more specific.

On 4/15/2020 at 9:21 AM, Drums said:

I am slightly confused here. First you say Verbal is just OMGUSing anyone who mentions him, which OMGUSing or not, I see as no different from how he responded to you but suddenly it is what you wanted to see? 

Still doesn't help me understand what I see as Verbal responding to you as he has been responding to others. 

If you guys don't mind going back and reading this post with the quotes, I'd like to know what you think. Leelou is currently neck and neck with 80 as scum for me.

After re-reading I've compiled the following thoughts (copy and pasted from a Google doc so suck it):

18) Leelou

• Got what seemed overly defensive about Barry’s comment - dude was just trying to ask questions and do the townie thing. I personally didn’t see what Barry saw (at least enough to vote her) but her “breaking the case” was noted. It wasn’t a case to me, just a comment. Yeah, Jif said "case" but who cares.
  • Voted Gata D1 - jumped and parked on the train. AJ says he asked her about it but she didn’t respond.
  • “Liked Nol’s case on me” -- Nothing on 80??
  • Threw JC in with Nolder and I, asking 80 what he thought (adding flames to the fire)
  • Hasn’t participated much the entire game 
  • Was catching up on the thread when Gata vs Nolder and some other things were happening but all she had to say was everyone needed to take a walk. I figure there was enough there to make some kind of read or at least add a thought of some kind with the type of experience she's bringing (in the Kingmaker game she was giving a lot of input and making really good observations imo)
  • Says Gata would be an informational lynch-- what information?? Never says.
  • Verbal says by D2-D3 she has as good of reads as anybody. D3, just votes DPR and doesn’t say anything
  • Calls out Verbal by saying he is underwhelming, and that he is OMGUSing everyone that mentions they might vote him. There’s more to this that I actually posted but Lee ignored it. I'd love for her to go back and clear up that post. It is right above.
  • Voted DPR D2 without saying anything but I think it’s because he thinks SMC is town? That’s not enough to vote someone IMO
  • Even Lizzie says it’s weird Lee isn’t voting. 
  • I’ve not seen her scum hunting at all, just mostly agree with a case here or there.
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Are you talking about this?

^ He just decided to post up a defense of 80 because?

If that's not what you're talking about, please be more specific.

Yup.  That's the one.  Didn't peel that onion back anymore than that but it looks like JiF was replying to 80 who had self voted.  Was there more to the story?

22 minutes ago, Drums said:

I've been saving this post but this is the reverse: 80 sorta covering Jif. "Hey don't vote him yet save him for later" type of thing

To be realistic, these guys have played together a long, long time and really don't see them covering for each other if they were on a scum team together.

I think it's more likely that JiF took a legitimate dislike of conversion games and kind of leaned in trying to read players he know, then added some batman sh*t for flair and has been a little all over the place for most of the game. He's pretty much admitted to as much.

My guess right now is that 80 is scum and JiF is town, but JiF felt comfortable enough with 80's erratic play because he knows 80 and feels confident that he'd catch him sooner or later, so better to focus on other players for now. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

Official Vote Count:

Stark (1) - 80

DPR (1) - Leelou

Drums (1) - JIF

80 (6) - Hess, Drums, Barry, DPR, JC, 32EBoozer

Hess (1) - CTM

With 16 reapers alive, it takes 9 to lynch

Looks as if there are 6 missing votes. Enter the Dragon!Bruce Lee Loop GIF

Havent seen Stark or Verb or jvill51 in awhile 

Edited by 32EBoozer
Had additional thought

12 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Yup.  That's the one.  Didn't peel that onion back anymore than that but it looks like JiF was replying to 80 who had self voted.  Was there more to the story?

It was just a pattern I noticed and included in my review of JiF. He pulled up those posts from 5 days earlier to state they looked harmless. Seems like an unprompted defense of 80. 

You don't see it that way?

Read the last few pages quick, will have to read more into some of the most recent ones because they seem pretty in depth. Initial thoughts on the night kills/flips though:

- I take it that Nyn was genuinely scum hunting as a backup SK. Don't know if she was in contact with the actual SK or if she knows who it is, so her town reads need to be taken with a grain of salt. But as other have pointed out she had incentive to actually scum hunt to build up her town cred.

- 80's first post after the flip saying "Sweet, Nyn was about to lead the lynch against me!" or something to that effect seemed like he was looking for clearance based on Nyn's flip, thinking town would no longer follow her reads because she flipped as a non-townie

- JiF initially jumped on this logic to clear 80, then backed off of it. Others have pointed out that JiF has defended/town read 80 for a lot of the game. Don't know how much to read into this because 80 teams would typically bus rather than defend, but 80's flip would be informative on JiF who is trying to position himself as town leader.

• Upvote 1