Laviska Shenault = Deebo Samuel?

Injuries seem to be what’s gonna affect his draft status. He’s undeniably a starting caliber NFL receiver. But he’s had the durability concerns because he’s an Enunwa-type: physical going after the ball and inviting contact. 

I’d be willing to take the risk though. Moderate risk, very high reward. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

4.6 time at the Combine and some separation concerns.

At 6'1" and 227 lbs. that's a physical, possession type WR I'd think.  Open to being convinced that he'd be a good pick at #48.

tell me GIF

Plays much faster than he timed and is a bull to bring down.  Also can be lined up in any number of formations even out of the backfield, causing match up problems all over the field.  He is gamer and tough as they come. If he hadn't suffered something of an injury plagued senior season, he would have been in the conversation with the Jeudy, Ruggs and Lamb.   If we can get this guy on the cheap and he would be a tremendous value.    My concern with him is he reminds me of a more athletic Enunwa with more suddenness and quickness than outright speed.  Both play a very physical kind of game, and as with case of Enunwa, and to a degree with Shenault, have led to a number of injuries.    

18 minutes ago, Prez33 said:

Injuries seem to be what’s gonna affect his draft status. He’s undeniably a starting caliber NFL receiver. But he’s had the durability concerns because he’s an Enunwa-type: physical going after the ball and inviting contact. 

I’d be willing to take the risk though. Moderate risk, very high reward. 

Funny I just made the same comparison to Enunwa only more explosive and versatile.   They both seek out contact after the catch.  I wonder if he can be coached to take what he can get and the get down to avoid taking so many additional hits....