MNF Saved-Booger and Tess finally out

On 5/10/2020 at 9:06 AM, Philc1 said:

I have an idea for a new announcer 

F89CC038-0E3D-41FA-B391-13E6E0F7CA33.jpeg

21 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Haha...imagine that sh*t?

You should try to sell them your idea.  Brilliant in its simplicity.  

Guaranteed blockbuster ratings EVERY week.

He'd get murdered by the press.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/9/2020 at 6:49 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/09/joe-tessitore-booger-mcfarland-out-at-monday-night-football/

There have been some horror shows on MNF but these two were the absolute worst. Maybe Tess can salvage his career back doing college games but Booger belongs back on the SEC network doing his shtick as an analyst on talk shows or pre game shows.

not saved yet.  the article said their replacements will come from within espn.  not good.

15 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The best football broadcast ABC/ESPN networks is the college game of the week crew with Chris Fowler and Herbstreit. For my money, they are the best crew period, any network, college or pro.

I cant see ESPN trying to move Herbstreit, but you never know.

that crew IS college football, you hear them and you just think football saturdays... Hard to imagine you would wreck something that is as iconic a sound as they have for NCAA games just to TRY to piece something together for MNF. I just dont think its worth 2 things going wrong.  

I will forever pound the table for Gus Johnson.  Guy makes games exciting as hell.  

41 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Maybe it's time for them to try the no announcer experiment again :)........................................

just kidding

Why kid?  I wish their was a button on my remote that just removed the announcer voices.  Give me the crowd noise, the PA announcer and the network graphics. We do not need announcers. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, PS17 said:

I loved the Tirico - Gruden booth. That was my favorite MNF tandem in recent memory.

X2YBanana?  Gruden always hyping every guy he mentions and using his "lingo?"  I wasn't a fan.

16 hours ago, Barton said:

Would be nice to have an announcer who doesnt try so hard, knows the game and just calls it simply. The over-excitement on every semi-big play is too much sometimes. 

BUT IT'S MONDAY NIGHT!!!!!

6 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Why kid?  I wish their was a button on my remote that just removed the announcer voices.  Give me the crowd noise, the PA announcer and the network graphics. We do not need announcers. 

I actually liked that broadcast, but most people hated it. I actually watch almost all Jets games without sound as I am in a sports bar and the Jets are never really the one with sound, so no announcers wouldnt phase me

21 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

This was probably the condition that the NFL gave ESPN....you want the biggest primetime game of the year (KC @ BAL)? Get rid of the two stooges and put a competent team in place.

Bring back Dennis Miller