80's "I need fantasy assistance" thread

Jetsfan80

@Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89 @Dcat @PS17 @#27TheDominator @chirorob 

It’s decision time for me today!  In order to make room for whichever D/ST I stream this week, I need to drop either Kyren Williams or McKinnon.

If I drop Kyren I suspect he’ll get picked up by someone else while McKinnon would be left alone.  But McKinnon is probably the more valuable piece to hold onto.  The minute anything happens to Pacheco he becomes a priority add.  So I’m a bit torn on this one.  

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89 @Dcat @PS17 @#27TheDominator @chirorob 

It’s decision time for me today!  In order to make room for whichever D/ST I stream this week, I need to drop either Kyren Williams or McKinnon.

If I drop Kyren I suspect he’ll get picked up by someone else while McKinnon would be left alone.  But McKinnon is probably the more valuable piece to hold onto.  The minute anything happens to Pacheco he becomes a priority add.  So I’m a bit torn on this one.  

As the highest scoring yet 2nd place team in my league w/ a record of 5-2 after starting 1-2, in my obvious expert opinion, I recommend dropping McKinnon.  He's not playing nearly as much as last year and I dont think it's obvious he takes a bigger role if Pacheco goes down, who is a monster and only getting better as the season goes on.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I dropped McKinnon. You can probably get him back in a week

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I would wait until Saturday to make the move then drop McK unless bad news on Kyren Williams comes out. 

Seems to me like the bad news of him being placed on IR was bad enough, lol.  Weeks 10 and 11 will be "bye-mageddon" for me and that's really the only reason I'm even considering dropping him.  

But yes I suppose there's no real rush to pick up a defense.  Not many great streaming options this week anyways.  If I wait till Saturday then McKinnon would be unavailable for pickup until next week.

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Seems to me like the bad news of him being placed on IR was bad enough, lol.  Weeks 10 and 11 will be "bye-mageddon" for me and that's really the only reason I'm even considering dropping him.  

But yes I suppose there's no real rush to pick up a defense.  Not many great streaming options this week anyways.  If I wait till Saturday then McKinnon would be unavailable for pickup until next week.

Tough spot but I think KW gets scooped as a stash quickly by a top team if you drop him. McK only gets scooped if Pacheco goes down this week. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And if nothing happens to Pacheco ...He's worth a warm bucket of piss.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I've navigated the loss of Justin Jefferson and Chris Olave's failure in expert fashion you penis face!

At least Olaves failure has been of the soft kind.... still getting me 9 points a game.

I drafted Tee in a dynasty start up... he's been much worse.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not even lukewarm???

Lukewarm is colder than warm... you want colder piss? 😂

I have McKinnon in one of my dynasty leagues woth deep benches... he has an established role albeit limited.  May get 1 point may get 8 not sexy.

If Spears is availble you could grab him and forget the rest. Hes already had his bye and has been what people hoped Dillon would be.... add to that Henry trade rumors.

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I've navigated the loss of Justin Jefferson and Chris Olave's failure in expert fashion you penis face!

Funny, I was looking at like overall scoring for each position, trying to eye some trades and realized that while I'm having a solid year, my top 3 picks have largely been disasters (Lamb, Henry, Higgins) and I'm basically winning on all my mid to late round picks.  I've only used 2, WR/RB/TE waiver wire players.  Jakobi Meyers has played the last 3 weeks for me and Ive used Jerome Ford twice since picking him up after Chubb went down.  It was hitting on Allen, Moore, Pacheco, Cousins, Engram, and then finally got use out of Javonte Williams this week who looked like the player from last year which is exciting for the rest of the way.

@TuscanyTile2 do your thing

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Funny, I was looking at like overall scoring for each position, trying to eye some trades and realized that while I'm having a solid year, my top 3 picks have largely been disasters (Lamb, Henry, Higgins) and I'm basically winning on all my mid to late round picks.  I've only used 2, WR/RB/TE waiver wire players.  Jakobi Meyers has played the last 3 weeks for me and Ive used Jerome Ford twice since picking him up after Chubb went down.  It was hitting on Allen, Moore, Pacheco, Cousins, Engram, and then finally got use out of Javonte Williams this week who looked like the player from last year which is exciting for the rest of the way.

That's fair.  Jefferson was crushing prior to injury for me, so can't complain much there.  My only other draft hits have been:

• Andrews (2.20)
  • Lamar (5.41)
  • Swift (8.80)

Olave (3.21), Rhamondre (4.40) and Dotson (9.81) have been relative busts given their pick slots.  Gabe Davis (10.100) has been whatever.  Didn't regret grabbing Tucker in the 15th but its still a Kicker we're talking about, so...

Rest of my hits have been waiver pickups.  Kareem Hunt, Kyren (pre-injury), Josh Downs, Rashee.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Drop McKinnon easily.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@JiF you mentioned you have Javonte.  Just read that he has an NFL-high 77 touches without a TD.  No other player has 50+.

Positive regression coming???

Yep.  He had one called back vs. GB.  He's also averaged over 5 ypc in the last 2 games.  I was watching a bit of that game and he did look like found the burst and power last week and I'm assuming Payton has recognized it because he played 52% of the snaps vs. Perrine at 20% and McLaughlin at 17%.  He also carried the ball 15 times vs. 2 vs. 5.  And had more targets 4 vs. 3 vs. 2.  So hopefully not getting ahead of myself but would love nothing more then to see him come on and if King Henry doesnt get traded, I may use him to as trade bait to see what I can get from a name.

• Post of the Week 1

Alright squad help me put my mind at ease.

I feel like need to trade a couple of these wide outs to tier up. Do I need to shop aggressively or would you boys stick with this.

I cant wait until Week 11 I just picked up Love to fill in for Mahomes week 10 after that i get a  spot back for RB4/TE2.... Roschon is just sitting on the wire right now and I am tempted but I am pretty clogged at the moment.

Screenshot_20231025-102203_YahooFantasy.thumb.jpg.85ffa354599c20421e0346e618cc1a65.jpgScreenshot_20231025-102215_YahooFantasy.thumb.jpg.b618c489130c03f2fbb754ea76d6558c.jpg

18 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I feel like need to trade a couple of these wide outs to tier up. Do I need to shop aggressively or would you boys stick with this.

I cant wait until Week 11 I just picked up Love to fill in for Mahomes week 10 after that i get a  spot back for RB4/TE2.... Roschon is just sitting on the wire right now and I am tempted but I am pretty clogged at the moment.

Screenshot_20231025-102203_YahooFantasy.thumb.jpg.85ffa354599c20421e0346e618cc1a65.jpgScreenshot_20231025-102215_YahooFantasy.thumb.jpg.b618c489130c03f2fbb754ea76d6558c.jpg

I really like Rashee's chances of "tiering up" for you regardless, but it never hurts to try to shop around.

Maybe sell high on Addison?  If the Vikings are no longer tanking, Jefferson could return on schedule from his injury.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I really like Rashee's chances of "tiering up" for you regardless, but it never hurts to try to shop around.

Maybe sell high on Addison?  If the Vikings are no longer tanking, Jefferson could return on schedule from his injury.  

What I mean by tiering up is selling 2 to get one a tier above them... just making sure we're on the same page.

Sounds like you think and are saying Rashee will jump a up tier on his own which I agree with and would love to stack him and Mahomes in the lineup.

I think the move may be sell Addison and one of Watson or Johnson for a strong tier up. But who to target is the real question.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I like Rashee and own and sometimes start him but he has so much competition for targets with Kelce I don't see his ceiling that high unless Kelce misses time.

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I like Rashee and own and sometimes start him but he has so much competition for targets with Kelce I don't see his ceiling that high unless Kelce misses time.

Yeah for sure, his ceiling isn't THAT high, but I think he can still end up being, say, a top 25 WR down the stretch, which would qualify for him moving up about 2 tiers from where he was a 2-3 weeks ago.

We all wanted to know who Mahomes' best WR would be this year, because whoever it would be would be a really strong weekly play, and now that its starting to crystallize, with Rice perhaps being that guy, that carries some weight.

18 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm holding Jerry Jeudy for now in case he gets traded somewhere that increases his value but really looking forward to dropping his ass if he doesn't. Dude has been such a letdown.

He’s been chilling on free agency in my league for 2 weeks.  Even for a 10-team league….Crazy!

15 hours ago, JiF said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

On 10/25/2023 at 8:11 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

you are debating dropping a handcuff on the fear that the guy in front of him will get hurt and he will become viable, over a guy who, when he comes back, is one of the top fantasy rbs in the league. unless the rams trade for zack moss or something this is kind of a no brainer decision. kyren can help you win your league come playoffs. mckinnon would probably only be picked up by pacheco's owner if he has a spot. no chance kyren doesn't get picked up instantly. anyway don't you have an IR spot for kyren to stash him on?

• Upvote 1

On 10/25/2023 at 11:19 AM, Lurker89 said:

if it were me i'd be pretty worried about my rb depth honestly. unless henry gets traded you have no viable replacement. maybe if you find someone who has 1 really good wr1 and nothing for wr2 or flex you can pull off a 2 for 1. or you can possibly find someone who hasn't got much in the way of wrs but has good rb depth ans swing someonething. addison is a good chip since he will be highly devalued once jefferson comes back. so maybe you can sell him before that happens to a desperate team? roschon, idk....foreman is balling pretty good and herbert will be back in a couple weeks. feels like roschon isn't going to do much

38 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

you are debating dropping a handcuff on the fear that the guy in front of him will get hurt and he will become viable, over a guy who, when he comes back, is one of the top fantasy rbs in the league. unless the rams trade for zack moss or something this is kind of a no brainer decision. kyren can help you win your league come playoffs. mckinnon would probably only be picked up by pacheco's owner if he has a spot. no chance kyren doesn't get picked up instantly. anyway don't you have an IR spot for kyren to stash him on?

I held onto Kyren.  I don't have an IR spot for him, however:  Our league only has 1 per team, and I already am using it on Jefferson. 

McKinnon is now gone.

I'm thinking I'll start both Josh Downs AND Rashee Rice because I think at least one of them will go off this week but am not entirely sure which.  Smart decision?

Alternative would be benching one of them in the flex spot for Kareem Hunt or D'Onta Foreman.  Both of those backs' situations are cloudy now because there's a decent chance both Jerome Ford and Roscon Johnson are available for each team.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm thinking I'll start both Josh Downs AND Rashee Rice because I think at least one of them will go off this week but am not entirely sure which.  Smart decision?

Alternative would be benching one of them in the flex spot for Kareem Hunt or D'Onta Foreman.  Both of those backs' situations are cloudy now because there's a decent chance both Jerome Ford and Roscon Johnson are available for each team.

Opponents or gtfoh

Surprised Ford might play