Drive Up Bank Windows

With Covid-19 closing a lot of the banks in my area, some have relied on the drive up window service for its customers. 

This morning sitting behind the person in front of me for 20 minutes who didn't sign his check for starters, then had no pen, then his documents of proof were expired, then didn't bring his debit card and after all was said and done asked for 3 lollipops for his kids at home. 

I had to I just had to holler to him hey buddy don't you think you wasted enough of our time coming here unprepared today and now you ask for lollipops. 

What the hell is wrong with people. 

42 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

With Covid-19 closing a lot of the banks in my area, some have relied on the drive up window service for its customers. 

This morning sitting behind the person in front of me for 20 minutes who didn't sign his check for starters, then had no pen, then his documents of proof were expired, then didn't bring his debit card and after all was said and done asked for 3 lollipops for his kids at home. 

I had to I just had to holler to him hey buddy don't you think you wasted enough of our time coming here unprepared today and now you ask for lollipops. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, CTM said:

Must not be a gazebo people. They're freaken heathens, the lot of them

Unknown?  Im pretty sure undocumented. 

22 minutes ago, Larz said:

Where were you going that was so important? The YMCA ?

My time is important to me wasting it in bank line isn't where I want be  behind some jackass. 

7 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

giphy.gif

The cars behind me we're meaner. 

On 10/1/2020 at 1:04 PM, joewilly12 said:

If you were in a separate vehicle behind him how do you know all these details?

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Siting there for at least 20 minutes, shouting going back and forth, the tube container going back and forth and no movement with the cars in line...perfect storm. 

Im triggered. 

should've demanded one of the male tellers come out and entertain you with a tasteful yet seductive belly dance

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Joe pulling up to the Wells Fargo to ask for the balance on his Victory Bonds and the teller, like she does every day, tells Joe that “President Roosevelt appreciates your support as always, sir” and Joe salutes and drives off, his turn signal flashing the entire time.

Wells Fargo was the damn bank too!!!!!! 

• Haha 2

Old Man Car

Last March, I bought a car to save miles on the truck.  Literally a brother-in-law deal, I bought a 2001 Mercury Gran Marquis from my brother-in-law.  It served them well for several years, and suddenly became an extra car.  I was looking for an extra car, so I made the deal.

mgm01.jpg

Almost immediately, the Check Engine light came on.  I went by Auto Zone and got it checked.  Something about insuffecient coolant temperature.  So, I flushed the radiator, got all manner of nasty coolant out of there, and re-filled it with good antifreeze.  It ran, it started, it did everything that a car was supposed to do, but it had an annoying miss, and the engine temp gage stayed way down in the cool range.  So, I asked around, did my research, and found a mechanic that several friends vouched for.  Just before Christmas I took it to him, and he checked it, told me that a couple of sparkplugs were misfiring.  I told him I'd bring it back after the first of the year.  Sure 'nuff, on January 2nd, I pulled it into his shop.  He said he'd call me later that day.

He called in the late afternoon, found another problem.  The valve cover gaskets were leaking, and throwing oil into the coil packs.  I needed to change the valve cover gaskets, so I told him to go ahead.  Evidently, that's a major job because he gave me a major estimate.  A little Googling and I found that changing the valve cover gaskets on a Ford 4.6L engine ain't like it used to be.  It used to be a 20 minute job on the old engines I once worked on.  Now, you've just about got to disassemble the engine, or all the crap on top of it, just to get to the valve covers. 

Okay, I told him.  Do it.  About two days later he called back, asked me to come by the shop.  I went by the shop and he showed me that when he took the valve covers off, the timing chain was loose.  Very loose.  The guides were gone.  Decision time.  I gritted my teeth and told him to continue.  New chains, sprockets, guides, tensioner, everything is brand new in the front of the block.  I cried, paid him his wage, and brought the car home.  Running fine.  Took Milady out and the Check Engine light came on.  And the water temp gage on the dashboard was way down to the cool side.

Well, hell.

I took it back to him today, and he put his little code reader on it.  Insufficient coolant temperature.  The thermostat is stuck open.  The engine never really gets to operating temperature.  He commences to telling me how easy it is to replace the thermostat.  Ten minute job.  Any fool can do it.  Then I notice that there is an auto parts store 50 yards from his shop. 

"Look", I says.  "You gave me a good screwing on that last job.  How about a reach-around on a thermostat?  I'll buy it, and you install it.  It's an easy job, remember?

"Yeah," he says. "We can do that.  Go buy a thermostat."  One 10mm socket, ten minutes later, we were done.  The engine temp gage got nicely in the middle of the range and stayed there all the way home.

Hopefully, my car is fixed.  I love that car.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Old Man Car

Last March, I bought a car to save miles on the truck.  Literally a brother-in-law deal, I bought a 2001 Mercury Gran Marquis from my brother-in-law.  It served them well for several years, and suddenly became an extra car.  I was looking for an extra car, so I made the deal.

mgm01.jpg

Almost immediately, the Check Engine light came on.  I went by Auto Zone and got it checked.  Something about insuffecient coolant temperature.  So, I flushed the radiator, got all manner of nasty coolant out of there, and re-filled it with good antifreeze.  It ran, it started, it did everything that a car was supposed to do, but it had an annoying miss, and the engine temp gage stayed way down in the cool range.  So, I asked around, did my research, and found a mechanic that several friends vouched for.  Just before Christmas I took it to him, and he checked it, told me that a couple of sparkplugs were misfiring.  I told him I'd bring it back after the first of the year.  Sure 'nuff, on January 2nd, I pulled it into his shop.  He said he'd call me later that day.

He called in the late afternoon, found another problem.  The valve cover gaskets were leaking, and throwing oil into the coil packs.  I needed to change the valve cover gaskets, so I told him to go ahead.  Evidently, that's a major job because he gave me a major estimate.  A little Googling and I found that changing the valve cover gaskets on a Ford 4.6L engine ain't like it used to be.  It used to be a 20 minute job on the old engines I once worked on.  Now, you've just about got to disassemble the engine, or all the crap on top of it, just to get to the valve covers. 

Okay, I told him.  Do it.  About two days later he called back, asked me to come by the shop.  I went by the shop and he showed me that when he took the valve covers off, the timing chain was loose.  Very loose.  The guides were gone.  Decision time.  I gritted my teeth and told him to continue.  New chains, sprockets, guides, tensioner, everything is brand new in the front of the block.  I cried, paid him his wage, and brought the car home.  Running fine.  Took Milady out and the Check Engine light came on.  And the water temp gage on the dashboard was way down to the cool side.

Well, hell.

I took it back to him today, and he put his little code reader on it.  Insufficient coolant temperature.  The thermostat is stuck open.  The engine never really gets to operating temperature.  He commences to telling me how easy it is to replace the thermostat.  Ten minute job.  Any fool can do it.  Then I notice that there is an auto parts store 50 yards from his shop. 

"Look", I says.  "You gave me a good screwing on that last job.  How about a reach-around on a thermostat?  I'll buy it, and you install it.  It's an easy job, remember?

"Yeah," he says. "We can do that.  Go buy a thermostat."  One 10mm socket, ten minutes later, we were done.  The engine temp gage got nicely in the middle of the range and stayed there all the way home.

Hopefully, my car is fixed.  I love that car.

Good luck with it joewilly, the thermostat used to get stuck on my '85 Thunderbird too.

On 10/2/2020 at 5:06 PM, T0mShane said:

Joe pulling up to the Wells Fargo to ask for the balance on his Victory Bonds and the teller, like she does every day, tells Joe that “President Roosevelt appreciates your support as always, sir” and Joe salutes and drives off, his turn signal flashing the entire time.

hqdefault.jpg

27 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Drive up bank windows?   They still exist?  I do all my banking online.    Is your computer coal powered?  ?

Oh really does your computer print $100 bills, needed to make a withdraw to pay HVAC contractor for new install CASH IS KING. 

Mostly all the bank branches of the bank I deal with the lobbies are closed and only a few are operating using the drive up window, does your MAC machine allow you to withdraw thousands. 

Think before posting sometimes piling on isn't cool, especially when you wind up looking like a jackass.

Were you the guy in front me who had no clue, no identification, no pen,no bank card and more than likely no brains meanwhile the line is 10 cars long. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Oh really does your computer print $100 bills, needed to make a withdraw to pay HVAC contractor for new install CASH IS KING. 

Mostly all the bank branches of the bank I deal with the lobbies are closed and only a few are operating using the drive up window, does your MAC machine allow you to withdraw thousands. 

Think before posting sometimes piling on isn't cool, especially when you wind up looking like a jackass.

Were you the guy in front me who had no clue, no identification, no pen,no bank card and more than likely no brains meanwhile the line is 10 cars long. 

The problem was that I had run out of quill ink.  

Just busting balls, jw. lol

• Haha 1

On 10/4/2020 at 9:17 AM, joewilly12 said:

Couple of tax cheats. Call the authorities