Lupica (NYDN): Fire Woody

18 minutes ago, Larz said:

How did that work for the lions, bengals and browns ?

total mental masturbation

How did what work, removing ineptitude? I’m curious what your logical path was in making that statement. On one hand, you remove the obstruction to a potentially successful club, while on the other retaining the opportunity to still totally suck ass (does it get worse than the absolutely worst team in the league? Maybe we find out they’re also funneling drug money or something I guess)? I don’t think it’s a bad idea if it were to happen but then again I am in no position to buy a club or manage an organization, I just pop off on the internet 

7 minutes ago, ncjetman said:

lupica is an over rated hack and has been forever - loved his wfan show back in the day - not!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

6 minutes ago, ljr said:

stupid article

the jets s*ck

the jets owners s*ck

too bad we can't fire the jets owners

---

thx for the info mike

You can appreciate the message and dislike the messenger. It is theoretically possible. 

43 minutes ago, ljr said:

stupid article

the jets s*ck

the jets owners s*ck

too bad we can't fire the jets owners

---

thx for the info mike

I refuse to click on links posters post, and your synopsis is exactly what I expected had I clicked.  Thanks for posting.   

• Upvote 2

The idiot owners have done just about everything wrong and It's really hard to be wrong at everything. Hire Rex when Ravens didn't want him, hire Idzik, hire Macc, not allowing GM's to hire their coaches and actually having idiot coaches such as Gase hire GM's. What NFL team does this? The Johnson's have to be the dumbest owners in all of professional sports. I never thought I could hate an ownership more than the Devil Wilpons but I was wrong. 

2 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

The idiot owners have done just about everything wrong and It's really hard to be wrong at everything. Hire Rex when Ravens didn't want him, hire Idzik, hire Macc, not allowing GM's to hire their coaches and actually having idiot coaches such as Gase hire GM's. What NFL team does this? The Johnson's have to be the dumbest owners in all of professional sports. I never thought I could hate an ownership more than the Devil Wilpons but I was wrong. 

THIS!!!!!  All you hacks knocking Lupica, please tell us where he is wrong??

Woody and Chris are absolute clueless morons.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Hire the right people and youre a good to great owner

Hire the wrong people and youre the target of these type of hit pieces

As owner. That is your MAIN and first responsibility and in fact requires good business acumen.   Woody has NONE. Chris has less.  They’ve accomplished nothing so do not know how to ask questions of ambitious people. 

2 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Not only did they hire idzik, they found him via an executive search firm that specializes in mid to upper mid level management. I mean for God’s sake. 

I eventually sent the Korn ferry guy to spam, but not without reminding him at least a couple of times that they found John idzik thus I could never allow them to represent me 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

THIS!!!!!  All you hacks knocking Lupica, please tell us where he is wrong??

Woody and Chris are absolute clueless morons.  

Broken clocks and what not. We all knew this around the time Woody Johnson was indulging Rex Ryan, or before. 

8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

As owner. That is your MAIN and first responsibility and in fact requires good business acumen.   Woody has NONE. Chris has less.  They’ve accomplished nothing so do not know how to ask questions of ambitious people. 

No it doesnt.  You have no real idea when you hire coordinators, theres a whole lot of luck that goes with it.  Where were the Hunts from 1970 though a year ago, worse off than the Jets.  Lots of teams bunched in that same group as us, most worse off.  Lions, Browns, etc arent better off.  

Love the idea that the interviews are a Johnson and no one else too.  Where were all those business people, the accomplished ones, who said the Herm or Mangini, Rex or Bowles hires were bad choices?  Not a single complaint by a group that makes a living complaining

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No it doesnt.  You have no real idea when you hire coordinators, theres a whole lot of luck that goes with it.  Where were the Hunts from 1970 though a year ago, worse off than the Jets.  Lots of teams bunched in that same group as us, most worse off.  Lions, Browns, etc arent better off.  

Love the idea that the interviews are a Johnson and no one else too.  Where were all those business people, the accomplished ones, who said the Herm or Mangini, Rex or Bowles hires were bad choices?  Not a single complaint by a group that makes a living complaining

So we were bunched in with the bottom 30 percent.... more evidence we are well below average.   The fact that others are there doesn’t make it better.   

The Johnsons have done nothing that would be looked at as astute.  defend it anyway you want. We are a well below average team and Woody is a laughing stock.    

19 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

So we were bunched in with the bottom 30 percent.... more evidence we are well below average.   The fact that others are there doesn’t make it better.   

The Johnsons have done nothing that would be looked at as astute.  defend it anyway you want. We are a well below average team and Woody is a laughing stock.    

Actual before this last run we weren't in the bottom 30%.  So yeah, it does matter.  I was saying we arent the Browns, Lions etc.  All the talk of how stupid they were centered around how they should have hired the obvious guy, should have hired McCarthy.  Who somehow is much worse than Gase.  But the Cowboys arent the shlt show that we are or a laughingstock.  

I didn't say they were astute.  The laughingstock portion is dumb and what whining fans cry about.  They've made hires that didnt work out.  Sorry hiring a Bowles while it didnt work out wasn't a bad hire.  Wasn't a hire that anyone complained about at the time.  

Its all perspective and the kind of person who constantly sells the message that being born rich makes you dumb or proves that they never have made a decision in their lifetime.  

Woody hasnt even been here for the last 4 years and you call him a laughingstock. We've done this before, you hate the guy for having inherited a ton of $$.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Actual before this last run we weren't in the bottom 30%.  So yeah, it does matter.  I was saying we arent the Browns, Lions etc.  All the talk of how stupid they were centered around how they should have hired the obvious guy, should have hired McCarthy.  Who somehow is much worse than Gase.  But the Cowboys arent the shlt show that we are or a laughingstock.  

I didn't say they were astute.  The laughingstock portion is dumb and what whining fans cry about.  

Its all perspective and the kind of person who constantly sells the message that being born rich makes you dumb or proves that they never have made a decision in their lifetime.  

Lupica may not be Steve Serby but I’m pretty sure he was right that the team hadn’t won since 51 years ago. A little Less than half of That is under current ownership. I don’t know what you consider an appropriate amount of learning curve, but I think that’s long enough. 

in other words, if you could fire woody, would you? 

if that’s a yes, I would worry less about the name Of the journalist. 

13 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Lupica may not be Steve Serby but I’m pretty sure he was right that the team hadn’t won since 51 years ago. A little Less than half of That is under current ownership. I don’t know what you consider an appropriate amount of learning curve, but I think that’s long enough. 

in other words, if you could fire woody, would you? 

if that’s a yes, I would worry less about the name Of the journalist. 

1.  The Johnsons havent owned the team 51 years so your sarcasm is pointless.  I'm never said they've made a lot of moves that turned out well.  

2.  You cant fire Woody.  So youre wasting your time.  

3. Outside of the fact that he hasnt been here the last 4 years, I dont know why the Woody rant is appropriate today.

4.  Who gives a shlt about the name of the journalist, I never said a word about Lipica or anyone.  

42 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

1.  The Johnsons havent owned the team 51 years so your sarcasm is pointless.  I'm never said they've made a lot of moves that turned out well.  

2.  You cant fire Woody.  So youre wasting your time.  

3. Outside of the fact that he hasnt been here the last 4 years, I dont know why the Woody rant is appropriate today.

4.  Who gives a shlt about the name of the journalist, I never said a word about Lipica or anyone.  

It’s tough to have a conversation with someone who doesn’t even take the time to read the response you’ve written. 

woody is a year less in ownership as long as Leon Hess. Were you also a big supporter of Leon Hess?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

It’s tough to have a conversation with someone who doesn’t even take the time to read the response you’ve written. 

woody is a year less in ownership as long as Leon Hess. Were you also a big supporter of Leon Hess?

I’d think he is related to Woody. His acceptance of Woodys well below average track record is admirable.   Woodys main job is hire good people....   he hasn’t.     

5 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

No I wasn't but what does one have to do with the other.

So we dont agree on everything, you see the team differently.  But you'll keep coming back trying to tell me I'm wrong about what I feel and should change by asking sideway questions.  

I dont care

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No I wasn't but what does one have to do with the other.

So we dont agree on everything, you see the team differently.  But you'll keep coming back trying to tell me I'm wrong about what I feel and should change by asking sideway questions.  

I dont care

If your mind works sideways, you see a sideways question. 

if Leon and woody have the same tenure, i don’t see what makes them different.