***MNF Game Thread Vikings-Bears***

joewilly12

And to think we could've walked away with my FSU's dynamic offensive weapon in Dalvin Cook as a 3 down dual threat...

But instead we walked away and got stuck with a non impactful/non game changing/FS who can not BALL HAWK in "Marcus Maye". 

Absolutely pathetic. 

I'm watching in hopes to see Dalvin Cook go off; I love this kid @ RB. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

And to think we could've walked away with my FSU's dynamic offensive weapon in Dalvin Cook...

But instead we walked away and got stuck with a non impactful/non game changing/FS who can not BALL HAWK in "Marcus Maye". 

Absolutely pathetic. 

This is pathetic to say the least. 

But most here don't want to draft RB's in round 1 they'd rather scour the scrap heap. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

But most here don't want to draft RB's in round 1 they'd rather scour the scrap heap. 

Not true. I believe we should draft one of every position in the first round of the draft every year.

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Cook was a 2nd round RB (deserving of a 1st) and as an FSU fan I absolutely blew a head gasket once I watched Maccagnan pass on Cook for MARCUS MAYE; only to see him stolen only two picks later to Minnesota. I lost it. 

I'm all for drafting Najee Harris RB out of Alabama with the very first pick of the 2nd round (I badly want to see us draft him). 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Cook was a 2nd round RB (deserving of a 1st) and as an FSU fan I absolutely blew a head gasket once I watched Maccagnan pass on Cook for MARCUS MAYE; only to see him stolen only two picks later to Minnesota. I lost it. 

I'm all for drafting Najee Harris RB out of Alabama with the very first pick of the 2nd round (I badly want to see us draft him). 

Harris or Etienne works for me.

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'm surprised at Cook's dominance -- doesn't have eye-popping athleticism. What makes him so good? Vision?

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Harris or Etienne works for me.

I love Etienne myself as a crazed ACC fan he just broke Dalvin Cook's All-Time yards from scrimmage ACC conference record (running/receiving combined) but with our Seattle pick of the 1st round I'd rather draft either Kyle Pitts of FL, Terrace Marshall Jr of LSU or Rondale Moore of Purdue; followed by drafting Najee Harris #1 of the 2nd round. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I love Etienne myself as a crazed ACC fan he just broke Dalvin Cook's All-Time yards from scrimmage ACC conference record (running/receiving combined) but with our Seattle pick of the 1st round I'd rather draft either Kyle Pitts of FL, Terrace Marshall Jr of LSU or Rondale Moore of Purdue; followed by drafting Najee Harris #1 of the 2nd round. 

Etienne has been dropping on a few mocks I've seen just like that Seattle pick. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

I'm surprised at Cook's dominance -- doesn't have eye-popping athleticism. What makes him so good? Vision?

As an FSU fan I disagree he may not have the insane 40 time but he's got A+ athleticism. 

What makes him special is his field vision as you mentioned and also his quickness, cutting ability, durability (he literally doesn't get tired) and the fact that he's a dual threat HB out of the backfield to the point, that opposing defenses never know how to game plan against him because he's super versatile. 

I love him. I'm surprised more and more Jet fans aren't frustrated that we got stuck with a stiff and non impactful SAFEYY in Maye who literally has 0 ball hawking ability; instead of a much younger Pro Bowl and future HOF Game Changing Dalvin Cook (poor Sam). 

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

As an FSU fan I disagree he may not have the insane 40 time but he's got A+ athleticism. 

What makes him special is his field vision as you mentioned and also his quickness, cutting ability, durability (he literally doesn't get tired) and the fact that he's a dual threat HB out of the backfield to the point, that opposing defenses never know how to game plan against him because he's super versatile. 

I love him. I'm surprised more and more Jet fans aren't frustrated that we got stuck with a stiff and non impactful SAFEYY in Maye who literally has 0 ball hawking ability; instead of a much younger Pro Bowl and future HOF Game Changing Dalvin Cook (poor Sam). 

He must've had a bad day at the combine. His 40 time was actually his best metric. 80th percentile for NFL RBs. But his jumping and 3 cone were 12th and 13th percentile, respectively.

Again, dude is a total stud -- definitely underestimated him based on combine. Absolute steal by Vikes. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Etienne has been dropping on a few mocks I've seen just like that Seattle pick. 

Yes because without the threat of Trevor Lawrence he really struggled against Notre Dame during their loss. Without TL Notre Dame was really able to pack the front 7 to focus on Travis and force the Freshman QB to beat them and I agreed, Travis really failed at stepping up to the plate in TL's absence. 

I really like how Najee Harris is dominating and manhandling SEC defenses as Alabama's horse. 

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

He must've had a bad day at the combine. His 40 time was actually his best metric. 80th percentile for NFL RBs. But his jumping and 3 cone were 12th and 13th percentile, respectively.

Again, dude is a total stud -- definitely underestimated him based on combine. Absolute steal by Vikes. 

I've always hated combine warriors I had an advantage of watching most of Cook's FSU's games and knew 100% my eyes weren't tricking me. 

I never look @ combine numbers when scouting an NFL player; I simply look @ their game film. 

And I hate 40 times because it'll never show their SPEED with shoulder pads and a helmet on and it's only straight line running etc..

He was an absolute can't miss. And Macc completely padded on him. 

• Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And to think we could've walked away with my FSU's dynamic offensive weapon in Dalvin Cook as a 3 down dual threat...

Absolutely pathetic. 

Why the hell is "Marcus Maye" in quotes?

God, I hate everything about you. 

5139_500.jpg

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3