Mims with and without Darnold under center

Jetsfan80

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'll never buy a "current Jet" jersey again after getting burned by Vilma, Revis and Sanchez.

A Chrebet jersey is all I'll need for some time.  Especially since I don't really wear jerseys anymore.  

When we signed Bell, my friend immediately got his Bell jersey. Think how he feels. Lol.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe if Darnold would get rid of the ball rather than take an unnecessary sack, and also wasn't such a soft b*tch, he'd have already had the chance to play with all 3 WRs together.  

Darnold not being on the field has been no one's fault but his own.  Meanwhile, Flacco is the only Jet QB to put together a decent game this season to date.

Assuming Darnold plays poorly again the next time he sees the field (a pretty safe bet), people will be utilizing other excuses for him, I'm sure of it.  The Offensive Line being the primary go-to.  

I get that you hate Darnold and think he sucks. You've made that abundantly clear. Nothing I'm going to say will change that (and I'm not trying to)

I'm not saying Sam is great, is our franchise QB of the future or am I absolving him of everything that has gone wrong with the offense this season. I know he makes mistakes. Yet every analyst (former pro players) the last few weeks have been saying that it is impossible to fairly evaluate him until he plays with healthy, pro level talent around him. No Jeff Smith & Braxton Berrios starting. They have also noted how different the offense has looked because the 3 WRs are finally on the field together. Here are Flacco's #s the 2 games before the trio got healthy and came back:

vs AZ - 18 of 33, 195 yards and 1 TD

vs MIA - 21 of 44 186 yards and 0 TDs, 1 INT and 1 Fumble lost

Now Darnold gets to play with them too. Let's see what happens and we can discuss after we have a real sample to evaluate.

Wanna bet me that Darnold's #s this week vs Miami will be better than Flacco's were?

2 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I get that you hate Darnold and think he sucks. You've made that abundantly clear. Nothing I'm going to say will change that (and I'm not trying to)

I'm not saying Sam is great, is our franchise QB of the future or am I absolving him of everything that has gone wrong with the offense this season. I know he makes mistakes. Yet every analyst (former pro players) the last few weeks have been saying that it is impossible to fairly evaluate him until he plays with healthy, pro level talent around him. No Jeff Smith & Braxton Berrios starting. They have also noted how different the offense has looked because the 3 WRs are finally on the field together. Here are Flacco's #s the 2 games before the trio got healthy and came back:

vs AZ - 18 of 33, 195 yards and 1 TD

vs MIA - 21 of 44 186 yards and 0 TDs, 1 INT and 1 Fumble lost

Now Darnold gets to play with them too. Let's see what happens and we can discuss after we have a real sample to evaluate.

Wanna bet me that Darnold's #s this week vs Miami will be better than Flacco's were?

I don't hate Darnold.  I hate that Macc traded up to take him, and hate that he sucks at football.

And yes, I'll bet you $100 to the charity of your choice (and vice versa) that Darnold's numbers against Miami this week will NOT be better than Flacco's.  I'll let you decide on which metric(s) we use, beforehand, for how to determine the better performer.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't hate Darnold.  I hate that Macc traded up to take him, and hate that he sucks at football.

And yes, I'll bet you $100 to the charity of your choice (and vice versa) that Darnold's numbers against Miami this week will NOT be better than Flacco's.  I'll let you decide on which metric(s) we use to determine that beforehand.  

Cool.

We can bet (pick 1) that a) Darnold will have more TDs (1 or more), b) a better completion % (> 47.7%) or c) less turnovers (2 would be a push).

LMK

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Cool.

We can bet (pick 1) that a) Darnold will have more TDs (1 or more), b) a better completion % (> 47.7%) or c) less turnovers (2 would be a push).

LMK

How about Darnold has to meet 2/3 of those criteria (any combination works) to be declared better than Flacco?  That sound fair?  If we only pick 1 of those there's a decent chance he could still have performed worse than Flacco overall.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How about Darnold has to meet 2/3 of those criteria to be declared better than Flacco?  That sound fair?  If you only pick 1 of those he can still have performed worse than Flacco overall.

That's fair.

And to be clear, I'm not saying Flacco sucks. Just saying he was the victim of crappy talent his first 2 starts as well.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

That's fair.

Done.  $100 will end up with a charity either way.  Win-Win.  

I'll choose St. Jude's as my charity you'd give to if (when, lol) I win the bet.

@Losmeister can vouch that I don't disappear or welch on bets of this nature.  I already had to pay out for losing a bet over the Browns not making the playoffs last season, lol.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'll choose St. Jude's as my charity you'd give to if (when, lol) I win the bet.

@Losmeister can vouch that I don't disappear or welch on bets of this nature.  I already had to pay out for losing a bet over the Browns not making the playoffs last season, lol.

he's a man of his word

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, JTJet said:

Extremely misleading. 

Mims two games didnt have Perriman. 

Perrimans two games didnt have Mims. 

That makes a difference. 

Indeed it does. There was also one game where Crowder wasn't there.  I don't think Sam has done a good job this year but these types of numbers are misleading. The truth is Flacco had all 3 starting WR's the past two weeks. Sam has not had that yet. Conversely he has had Maloy and Hogan running around. Not really the same scenario. 

Ps. The OL is also playing better each week so there's that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

59 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Indeed it does. There was also one game where Crowder wasn't there.  I don't think Sam has done a good job this year but these types of numbers are misleading. The truth is Flacco had all 3 starting WR's the past two weeks. Sam has not had that yet. Conversely he has had Maloy and Hogan running around. Not really the same scenario. 

Ps. The OL is also playing better each week so there's that. 

Yeah this is the only take a logical and fair person can make honestly. 

Anything else, is emotional drivel and hot takes, none of which hold up in the end. 

I agree Sam has not lit the world up this year in the least bit, but Flacco is basically playing with a different offense right now and its irresponsible to hold Sam to a different standard and then claim he sucks. 

I always look at these things from an employer/employee perspective. How would i react if I asked someone to perform a job, stripped them of their best coworkers, and left them out to dry on a daily basis. Would I hold this person accountable or have the wisdom to see nuance and context that outlying factors affected their performance? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

You're on. I want to give a little more thought as to what mine will be lol

This is the holiday spirit gents! Love it. 

Darnold's main top 2 WRs targets this season are both 5'9" and could possibly work at Willy Wonkas and then he has a TE that couldn't catch a beach ball. No one is saying Darnold is playing well this season but to dismiss the weapons excuse when it's been a revolving door of garbage is half laughable.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Yeah this is the only take a logical and fair person can make honestly. 

Anything else, is emotional drivel and hot takes, none of which hold up in the end. 

I agree Sam has not lit the world up this year in the least bit, but Flacco is basically playing with a different offense right now and its irresponsible to hold Sam to a different standard and then claim he sucks. 

I always look at these things from an employer/employee perspective. How would i react if I asked someone to perform a job, stripped them of their best coworkers, and left them out to dry on a daily basis. Would I hold this person accountable or have the wisdom to see nuance and context that outlying factors affected their performance? 

Interesting. As I attempt to decompress  and distance myself from a decade in Executive roles, I tend to slide into similar thought patterns. I also look at long term much more often than what is best for the moment.  Not that I don't succumb to the emotionally based madness often but thats how I think. 

Sam has floundered but there is no doubt that he has had more chips stacked against him than most. And that includes the darling of the day Joe Flacco. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

Interesting. As I attempt to decompress  and distance myself from a decade in Executive roles, I tend to slide into similar thought patterns. I also look at long term much more often than what is best for the moment.  Not that I don't succumb to the emotionally based madness often but thats how I think. 

Sam has floundered but there is no doubt that he has had more chips stacked against him than most. And that includes the darling of the day Joe Flacco. 

Lol I cant help falling into thinking that way. You know as well as I do, that once you view things from an executive/managerial/leadership standpoint, you start to view everything that way, including aspects of your personal life. 

My head just tells me that the wisest thing we could do as an organization is to see what Sam looks like with NFL level talent around him. Tossing Sam aside after what we put him through is the MOST Jets thing I can possibly think of, and we have all been banging the table for the Jets to change their ways. 

That is how we stop the cycle I believe. I could be wrong, but we will see. 

14 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Lol I cant help falling into thinking that way. You know as well as I do, that once you view things from an executive/managerial/leadership standpoint, you start to view everything that way, including aspects of your personal life. 

My head just tells me that the wisest thing we could do as an organization is to see what Sam looks like with NFL level talent around him. Tossing Sam aside after what we put him through is the MOST Jets thing I can possibly think of, and we have all been banging the table for the Jets to change their ways. 

That is how we stop the cycle I believe. I could be wrong, but we will see. 

Yeah, I dont disagree. I agree with seeing Sam with the "big 3" we have but as the director I would also consider the Rookie contract piece as well as the available assets.  I think it was important for Sam to show that he can at least make lemonade out of the lemons, but even with guys like Hogan and Malloy running around out there he was missing open guys and holding the ball too long when guys were open.  So this is a really important crossroads for the Jets. 

Do we reinforce the Tank? Or do we try to reinforce Sam and risk him ruining the tank? I'm fairly certain that decision has already been all but made.  Forseight... yet another of these wonderful traits that form a bar in my prison cell lol 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, JTJet said:

Extremely misleading. 

Mims two games didnt have Perriman. 

Perrimans two games didnt have Mims. 

That makes a difference. 

Agreed.  Reminds me of a quote I once heard (I think it might've been from Parcells or at least someone on the Giants) that "if you only have 1 pass rusher then you don't have any".  The theory being you can double or even triple-team a pass rusher.  Once you have a 2nd legit threat though, teams can't load up the same way.  That's probably why the Giants kept drafting LBs (Carl Banks, Gary Reasons, Pepper Johnson) despite having LT.

Side note: Check out this NY Giants draft from 1986.  They had 6 picks in the 1st 3 rounds (including 4 #2's) and went defense with all of them.  

image.png.8094106eef532c37001e532c831c4d67.png

• Post of the Week 1

On 11/25/2020 at 11:08 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

How about Darnold has to meet 2/3 of those criteria (any combination works) to be declared better than Flacco?  That sound fair?  If we only pick 1 of those there's a decent chance he could still have performed worse than Flacco overall.  

So:

Darnold had less TDs (you win)

Darnold had a better completion % (I win)

Darnold had 2 turnovers (a push)

Darnold did have more yards (which wasn't a stated criteria)

What say you?

13 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

So:

Darnold had less TDs (you win)

Darnold had a better completion % (I win)

Darnold had 2 turnovers (a push)

Darnold did have more yards (which wasn't a stated criteria)

What say you?

lol Darnold sucked balls but we can call it a push overall if you'd like.  $100 to both charities?

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

IMG_4216.JPG

Thanks to your gift, families never receive a bill from St. Jude for anything, because all they should worry about is helping their child live.

DONATION DETAILS

• Order number

4-2087236

• Donation amount (USD)

$100

• Payment method

Credit card - visa

• Donation type

one time

Your receipt is being emailed to you.

• Upvote 1

In other words, IDENTICAL numbers pretty much. However, in Sammys case, Mims numbers should be MUCH better. Sammy has to pick up his game. He's played poorly this season not that he's gotten much support but Mims is certainly a step in the right direction.

Identical? I don’t think that means what you think it means.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

Identical? I don’t think that means what you think it means.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

die the princess bride GIF

And even if it WAS identical, the mere fact that the WRs are performing no better with Darnold than a disinterested, 35-year old QB that hasn't been any good in 8 years would not be a good thing.