Sam Darnold-4 consecutive games without a TD pass

GreekJet

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan_always said:

And when the next QB comes in and sucks, what will your excuse be then? 

SD has had a bad season, and has had few real weapons to work with here, so until the coaching staff is massively upgraded along with the offensive talent, you could bring in brady/manning/montana and it would not matter.

The NYJ suck, but most of that suckage can not be blamed on SD.

Remember last week when people were praising those same weapons, and saying how much they "can't wait" to see how Darnold plays with his 3 healthy receivers?

Now those same WRs aren't any good.  OK then.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I was a big believer in Sam Darnold, but I have to admit I was dead wrong.

Prior to this season, I thought Darnold did a decent job of holding his own in a horrible situation. I was a firm believer that he was the main factor in making the Jets a semi-competitve team, and it was only a matter of time before he took the next step into becoming a top flight quarterback.

This season has proven to be disastrous for him in all aspects. He is completely lost and appears to be a shell of what was once such a promising player.  He was unable to complete a full 16 game season, again. It's quite possible that he has moved into unsalvageable territory.

Adam Gase and his offensive system are horrific, but at some point, quality quarterbacks will overcome their circumstances and make some plays. Darnold's accuracy has regressed to an almost unimaginable extent, he isn't seeing the field at all, and he is making bone headed decisions. He is what he is at this point: a bottom 5 quarterback that may not have much longer in this league.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I was a big believer in Sam Darnold, but I have to admit I was dead wrong.

Prior to this season, I thought Darnold did a decent job of holding his own in a horrible situation. I was a firm believer that he was the main factor in making the Jets a semi-competitve team, and it was only a matter of time before he took the next step into becoming a top flight quarterback.

This season has proven to be disastrous for him in all aspects. He is completely lost and appears to be a shell of what was once such a promising player.  He was unable to complete a full 16 game season, again. It's quite possible that he has moved into unsalvageable territory.

Adam Gase and his offensive system are horrific, but at some point, quality quarterbacks will overcome their circumstances and make some plays. Darnold's accuracy has regressed to an almost unimaginable extent, he isn't seeing the field at all, and he is making bone headed decisions. He is what he is at this point: a bottom 5 quarterback that may not have much longer in this league.

So what you're saying is, when it comes to Darnold, you're not going to.....Double Down?

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan_always said:

SD has had a bad season, and has had few real weapons to work with here, so until the coaching staff is massively upgraded along with the offensive talent, you could bring in brady/manning/montana and it would not matter.

Just admit it... Sam Darnold sucks at football.   Your First step should be accepting this fact.   

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jet hustle said:

Just admit it... Sam Darnold sucks at football.   Your First step should be accepting this fact.   

People like this had already convinced themselves Darnold was good form the day he became a Jet. So hard to accept the truth but this is life 

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Remember last week when people were praising those same weapons, and saying how much they "can't wait" to see how Darnold plays with his 3 healthy receivers?

Now those same WRs aren't any good.  OK then.

If you take away all of Joe Flacco’s TD’s then Darnold is as good 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan_always said:

They dug up Joe Flacco’s fossilized bones in the Great Rift Valley and they are outperforming Darnold. If you can’t put the evidence together at this point, you’re a lost cause.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Slikmojet! said:

We should bench him and try to con some team to give up a pick for him. He plays 5 more weeks and not even the CFL will trade for him.

At this point, I’d rather have 5 weeks of Sam being brutal and us getting a 4 or 5, and secure the number 1 pick, than to have him be benched, have Flacco steal a game or two and us get a second for Sam.

• Upvote 2

Sam has not gotten worse...he is just as bad with his limitations as he always was. The league has figured him out and each year he LOOKS worse because everyone else is better at beating him. 

His suckatude is the same, its the league that got a little tape on him and now he looks worse than he originally did. 

• Upvote 1

Bill Belichick ghost game laid out the blue print for unsettling Darnold. He went 6-2 because the defense played much better last year against terrible teams. Belichick has done this before & he showed how to slow down Murray last week, did you see the timed leaps by the rushers based on Murrays small size? Murrays much better than Darnold & you need the right players to defend him, but the point is this is a copy cat league. 

Blitzing Darnold shell shocks him & he always abandons the pocket or just holds onto the ball & gets crushed. I actually believe Darnold just hasn't played enough QB & we've run out of time. Behind a better line, good runnning game, with 2 more years experience, I think he'll regain his confidence somewhere. His start & stops with injury, Mono, injury have really hurt his development & he's not even close to being good enough to carry a team as bad as ours is right now. 

I wish him well.