Disgraceful Loss. Jets Just Embarrassed the NFL

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

The most disgusting part is how they covered it up so well by scoring 17 straight points and how they recruited poor Henry Ruggs to make it look good by fumbling at midfield. Then getting the rest of the Raiders to let them score so they can pull off the Coup de Grace at the end! What a flourish! What a STORY! Brilliant!!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/boomer-esiason-emmanuel-acho-accuse-jets-of-throwing-game/ar-BB1bGFW8

The Jets were, if nothing else, consistent and true to form. Nobody's gone broke betting against them this year. We're also reasonably certain that Mr. Samuel Darnold is not in the same class as, say, Mr. Patrick Mahomes.

Go, Jets!

• Thumb Down 1

33 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If it's (somehow) proven that we self-sabotaged I absolutely think it could be considered a criminal matter.  

You know what's a criminal matter?? The same fans that cry about the loss would be crying if we won by blowing the 1st pick in the draft. Some just need something to complain about..? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

You know what's a criminal matter?? The same fans that cry about the loss would be crying if we won by blowing the 1st pick in the draft. Some just need something to complain about..? 

I'd have been very upset had we won the game.  Otoh, it's not exactly good for the sport pulling stuff like this.  It's not fair to teams battling against the Raiders for a playoff spot.  It's not fair to gamblers.  It's not fair to Jacksonville fans.  

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Even Boomer was saying it looked like a tank on the post-game show.  

So fukking what?  I applaud this tank and can only hope it leads to a winless season.  In fact, I just told my sons we are going to Cleveland for the draft if they can complete the Tankathon.

• Sympathy 2

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'd have been very upset had we won the game.  Otoh, it's not exactly good for the sport pulling stuff like this.  It's not fair to teams battling against the Raiders for a playoff spot.  It's not fair to gamblers.  It's not fair to Jacksonville fans.  

Jacksonville has blown more games in the last five minutes than I've ever seen in my life. Go look.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, The Gooch said:

The pass defense got burnt!!

yea so whats new. Its been getting burnt all year long. Why would this be any different.  But I get why so many feel it was a set up. I mean 5 secs left, you put 8 DB's out there, rush 3 and play all your db's at the goal line.  good luck with trying that pass then.  The only shot you have is the hail mary which is how the defense should have been set up to defend that last play.  Still, its a live and learn situation.  Make the play and you win the game. Period.

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think we had UDFA rookie Lamar Jackson covering Ruggs, who is one of the fastest players in the league.

What's your point?  Maybe you're missing the point.  Those rookies in the secondary need the experience.  Only way to improve.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

The Tank is the only thing they NEED to focus on.

We are good for the next 3 weeks. Seattle, even though they lost to giants (SMH how did that happen).  But our secondary really sucks so I expect Wilson to have a field day.  Rams and Brown will also burn us silly though the air.  Pats are last game of season.  That game is really worrisome.  At 0-15, going into that game, I sit every damn starter I can and let all the subs play. Back up QB, not named Flacco, backup OL, 3rd string WR's and RB's,  3rd string db's, 3rd string everything. I take no chances with that evil Belicheat.  Let them claim we tanked. Who gives a sh*t. We can and should just say hey we are looking at seeing who will be on this roster next year. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wonder if this would be a criminal matter if so.  I don't think it'll get to that point, though, because of the plausible deniability.  But I think NFL people understand what happened there.  It will be interesting to see what gets said of this.  It's certainly not a good look for the NFL.

Are you really a Jets fan?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Rodney Harrison just said it on the NBC pre-game that it looked like we were trying to lose to get the #1 pick.

The idea that analysts are saying this (Boomer and Harrison and probably more to come) is very telling how obvious it was. 

Didn't Betty White says “Hey you need to grow a pair. Grow a pair, Bro.” It’s when someone calls you weak, but they associate it with a lack of testicles. Which is weird, because testicles are the most sensitive things in the world. If you suddenly just grew a pair, you’d be a lot more vulnerable. If you want to be tough, you should lose a pair. If you want to be real tough, you should grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Stop everyone. 

They didn't purposely lose this game by giving up a 40 yard pass on the last play of the game - after being down big in the 4th quarter and rallying to take the lead.

Anyone that thinks that truly wasn't watching the game.

This is a very bad football that is very poorly coached!  

Learn the difference between strategy and tactics and get back to me.  

We are still on track for the first overall pick.

The tactics to defend the last drive was atrocious.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, neckdemon said:

you are fools if you think this was throwing the game. if they were throwing the game they let them score the drive beforehand. they don't stop them 4th and goal inside the 10 if they are tanking

It’s incredible that this has to actually be pointed out to people.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

If you set up a Venmo or a paypal account, I would gladly pay you to ban the trolls.  Do the right thing Big Fella.

You mean like I did for this post three hours ago? Like that? 

3 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Not a jet fan...And this sh*t is disgusting because its really blatant and embarrassing..

The franchise screwed up the 3rd pick now wanna another chance to fix their shortcomings..AGAIN!

• Upvote 2