Quinnen Williams vs Nick Bosa

Which player would you want for the next ten years?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you want for the next ten years?

• Nick Bosa
    • Quinnen Williams

19 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

A rush up the middle is more desirable than an edge rush in my opinion.

A rush either way is great,,,but how long has it been since when have we had either one? Until you have both, a good edge as well as Q it is minimal, to get both is phenomenal!

7 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Based on health, Q

Exactly. 

Any Jets fan who would trade away a dominant animal within the trenches in Quinnen Williams for Nick Bosa who's coming off of a serious ACL injury imo is insane. 

An ACL injury for a pass rusher is way worse than an ACL tear for a QB especially since pass rushers depend on twitch and explosiveness off the snap. 

• Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, GaryM said:

A rush either way is great,,,but how long has it been since when have we had either one? Until you have both, a good edge as well as Q it is minimal, to get both is phenomenal!

Oh, more is better? No sh*t...

Captain Obvious GIF by memecandy

Of course, the question posed was.... Which would you prefer.... as opposed to... Is both is better than either?

On 12/22/2020 at 9:35 PM, LAD_Brooklyn said:

It depends how much they're going to cost. With that kn mind I'll say QW.

Jets fans logic 

it doesn't matter who is better 

it just matters who is cheaper

I don't get this thinking

is Woody sending rebates to the rest of you guys for unspent cap space?

my check must be in the mail 

On 12/22/2020 at 7:37 PM, RedBeardedSavage said:

It's odd, think about Tristan Wirfs & Mekhi Becton, or even Josh Allen for that matter. The whole draft process is a total mindf****. Sometimes it seems like that genuine answer is just to take the freak athlete. Other times you get Vern Gholston. I still don't understand. 

Until you can establish a track record...     you cannot say you know any different. I thought Wirfs the safer pcik. Aprrently there is like zero difference, except Menki missing games. 

i dont make ALOT of my opinions out loud cos i catually have only a few here and there...maybe a couple/3 per year///

defo Wanted Watson

so no reason to trade up if we could stcik and pick LJ

preferred Wirfs to Mekhi

On 12/22/2020 at 9:51 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Don't look now but Quinnen Williams now has 7 sacks (@ an interior position that's much more difficult to record sacks from). 

And after Bosa suffered an ACL tear? It's a no brainier; you couldn't pay me enough to trade the two straight up.

Quinnen Williams without question

It's more than just sacks too. He's physically dominant within the trenches (he's already unstoppable) and already much better than Aaron Donald against the run. 

It's hard for me to believe that Aaron Donald has been in the league for 7 years already because it feels like yesterday I was watching him destroy my ACC conference (during his final season after Pittsburgh merged from the Big East to the ACC) and I believe it's now safe to say that Quinnen Williams is the closest thing to Aaron Donald as there currently is. 

He was compared to Warren Sapp coming out. Perfect comparison too. His first two NFL years have been as dominant as Sapp's first two NFL seasons. 

Kid is A++. 

If we ever find him a dominant outside pass rusher from the edge he'll easily have 15+ sacks per season type of ability (and no, not potential, but actual ability). 

Agreed on all Fronts. Two thoughts to build upon this:

1. I would think that if one was to ask NFL personal to pick one defensive player to build your roster on many would choose Quinnen Williams. Aaron Donald is about to turn 30. Chris Jones and Buckner are going on 27. Quinnen turned 23 a few days ago. Its Myles Garrett, Bosa or Quinnen. Many would take the Interior guy vs Edge. They are just so much harder to fine. 

2. You probably are going to want your incoming coach to have a defense built around him. Support him like you would Sam. Because the SB goes through Mahomes the next decade and the only way to beat the best QB's is interior pressure without the need to Blitz and thats what Quinnen gives you. 

• Sympathy 1