SOR IS CORRECT: KEEP GASE!

Ghost

On 12/28/2020 at 11:04 AM, SAR I said:

Adam Gase is, surprisingly, a very good head coach.

He is, disappointingly, a below-average offensive coordinator.

So Gase stays on as head coach, hires a terrific offensive coordinator, and we are set for the next 3+ years while we figure out the quarterback position.  That is what should happen.  And if they're smart, and I think they are by now, the Johnsons will see it the same way.

SAR I

So now we all get it. Sar is a comedian. This is the funniest take on Gase ever. 

That is his external persona, one he is forced to portray as a way to survive the vicious NY media and their relentless and unfair hit pieces.  We only see Gase when he's in front of a camera and being hounded by Cimini, Mehta, and the rest of the animals.
By all accounts, his internal persona is one of loyalty, compassion, and endless hours in the office pouring over data and film, trying to get a very weak roster to play to the best of their ability.  That is what our owner, our general manager, our coaches, and our players have said to us repeatedly over the years.
SAR I
History tells me this guy is the very definition of machiavellian.

This is what always happens to dudes that blame everyone but themselves... typically because of an ego complex.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

History tells me this guy is the very definition of machiavellian.

He this is what always happens to sudes that blame everyone but themselves... typically because of an ego complex.

Gase hasn't blamed others-  he is holding them accountable, exactly what a head coach is supposed to do.

And show me an NFL head coach without a huge ego, it's a prerequisite.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Gase hasn't blamed others-  he is holding them accountable, exactly what a head coach is supposed to do.
SAR I
Egos are only ok if they are backed by proven track record and undeniable talent.

Even then ... the best leaders lead by example checking the ego.

Paranoid insecurity masked by an ego leads to failure.

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Egos are only ok if they are backed by proven track record and undeniable talent.

Even then ... the best leaders lead by example checking the ego.

Both things are true.  To achieve the level of NFL head coach, one surely has a track record and talent, and Gase's locker room surely is responding to the examples he sets.  He has been nothing but professional and focused despite the venom thrown his way by the media and some fans.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Both things are true.  To achieve the level of NFL head coach, one surely has a track record and talent, and Gase's locker room surely is responding to the examples he sets.  He has been nothing but professional and focused despite the venom thrown his way by the media and some fans.

SAR I

459CC49A-3C9B-4C6D-BCFA-E1D8A89E8DEF.gif

Hey Chrissy, have you seen how many posters today have called out SORE I for the prick that he is?

Yes Adam I have.  I’d rather be you today than SORE I!

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Adam Gase is about to be FIRED!!!

??✍️?

The clock is ticking on you and your boy Gase (PS, this is a FAKE Rolex)

unnamed.jpg.0bfc82ce2fc85f9a358fa271aa626ce2.jpg

1588571521_JetHCs.png.1c5d51feec106e8eb2166d2933c520f1.png.04b3ecc4f1703ed591374380439803f0.png

DWC I

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Adam Gase is about to be FIRED!!!

??✍️?

The clock is ticking on you and your boy Gase (PS, this is a FAKE Rolex)

DWC I

Another day, another Eeyore overreaction to fake news.  You'd think you'd learn after all the bogus Tweets aimed at sad sack Mets fans.  Craig Carton is the uStadium of sports radio.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Has to be his wife or Mom posting as Sor. That’s the only explanation for the unwarranted love shown for Gase. He looks clueless out there. We all know the problems. We have seen it all for 2 years. And I was one who said let’s give the guy a chance when they hired him. Gase proved all the naysayers right. Unbelievably bad hire. It’s amazing how Sor is the only one who sees this man as a good fit. He shouldn’t sniff a head coaching job ever again. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Absolutely hysterical.

See, if Gase gets fired tomorrow you'll still be a Mets fan.  Your life doesn't change one iota, Eeyore.

SAR I

That's funny. Because I'm not a Mets fan. 

I'm just not pathetic enough to make fun of Met fans on a Jets forum. 

However, you are. 

SAR I
True .. his head coaching record surely proves this point ...

On 12/27/2020 at 5:09 PM, T0mShane said:

I think two things are true: 1. Gase stinks and 2. Players compete for him and Gase is unfairly maligned in that one respect

This. I've always been amazed at how hard the players have played for him. Despite him giving definition to the word stinko, he has always gotten the players to do their jobs. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

This. I've always been amazed at how hard the players have played for him. Despite him giving definition to the word stinko, he has always gotten the players to do their jobs. 

Kinda sorta an important trait for a rebuilding team bereft of talent and loaded with young players, no?

SAR I

On 12/27/2020 at 7:19 PM, SAR I said:

We're a rebuild!  A blow-it-up tear-it-down rebuild.  Douglas got rid of every good piece we had by Week 5.  Robbie, Jamal, Le'Veon, Mosley, McLendon, all the rookies out for half the season, it was a fire-sale.

Getting 3 wins out of this team, and playing good enough to win 6 of them legitimately, is a terrific accomplishment.  This is the worst roster the Jets have put on the field since 1974.  We play hard.  The players care.  The coaches care.  Young players are emerging.  This is a good season.  It was always about 2022.

SAR I

On September 4th, 2020 (just a few months ago), you wrote:

Darnold is now the best QB in the division and Gase the second-best HC. This is going to be a good season.”

That same day, you wrote: 

10-6 AFC East Champions.”

Doubling down, on September 9th, 2020 you wrote:

“This is going to be a thoroughly enjoyable season.  The delusion is that we're not the best team in the division when all evidence says we are.”

September 9th was after the final roster cuts. You knew the talent and the roster on the team.

You picked them to win the division. You said they were the best team in the East.

Why has your tune now changed to saying that 3 wins is all you could expect from this roster, when just a few months ago you expected a division championship from it?

Ill hang up and listen.

46BC67CC-5372-4184-8A7E-42112FC15063.jpeg

400DF0C0-A8A7-42A2-BAE1-8473699D661F.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Facts said:

On September 4th, 2020 (just a few months ago), you wrote:

Darnold is now the best QB in the division and Gase the second-best HC. This is going to be a good season.”

That same day, you wrote: 

10-6 AFC East Champions.”

Doubling down, on September 9th, 2020 you wrote:

“This is going to be a thoroughly enjoyable season.  The delusion is that we're not the best team in the division when all evidence says we are.”

September 9th was after the final roster cuts. You knew the talent and the roster on the team.

You picked them to win the division. You said they were the best team in the East.

Why has your tune now changed to saying that 3 wins is all you could expect from this roster, when just a few months ago you expected a division championship from it?

Ill hang up and listen.

Injuries.

SAR I