New York Rangers 2021

BROOKLYN JET

On 3/20/2021 at 10:20 PM, BROOKLYN JET said:

Definitely, although Georgie also gave up some big ones against the Caps. They take allot of low shots off the pads, those are tougher to control.

Have to keep an eye on it as the Rangers have a chance to go on a run here with games against Buffalo and two with Philly coming up before another two with Washington.

This Sabres game scare me.  This one and the back to back games next week.  Everyone has been kicking their butt and sooner or later that dog is going to turn around and bite someone.  Historically the Rangers underperform against them.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, EM31 said:

This Sabres game scare me.  This one and the back to back games next week.  Everyone has been kicking their butt and sooner or later that dog is going to turn around and bite someone.  Historically the Rangers underperform against them.

They always play us well, but we have to pull it out if we expect to make the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

They always play us well, but we have to pull it out if we expect to make the playoffs.

42 minutes ago, EM31 said:

If Eichell plays, won't he be motivated to show JD that he's worth the price to trade for.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

He's hurt right now, but reports are that the only way Buffalo trades him before the off season is to the Rangers.

We had the best offer on the table for him last year, but Buffalo didn't pull the trigger.

https://www.amny.com/sports/rangers-jack-eichel-trade-rumors-continue-to-gain-traction/

According to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman, the general consensus, for now, is that the Sabres wouldn’t trade the 24-year-old until the offseason — unless it’s the Rangers.

I would love to get Eichel here but I doubt that Buffalo would do the deal for just Miller or just Kakko.  Kapo simply has not shown enough to this point and while Miller may end up as a foundational blue line piece for a decade i just don't think you can sell that kind of deal to the Buffalo fan base.  A top-5 NHL player for a young physical defenseman?  Miller is really good but Scott Stevens he ain't.  I think they would ask for Kakko AND Fox and maybe someone else and I don't want to include Fox in a trade for anyone in the league at this point.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, EM31 said:

I would love to get Eichel here but I doubt that Buffalo would do the deal for just Miller or just Kakko.  Kapo simply has not shown enough to this point and while Miller may end up as a foundational blue line piece for a decade i just don't think you can sell that kind of deal to the Buffalo fan base.  A top-5 NHL player for a young physical defenseman?  Miller is really good but Scott Stevens he ain't.  I think they would ask for Kakko AND Fox and maybe someone else and I don't want to include Fox in a trade for anyone in the league at this point.

24 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Buf is obviously going to ask for a big return in a trade for Eichel and I'm not sure I'm willing to dump the necessary pieces. Trading for him is a win now move and we're not quite there. Kakko specifically is not a player I want to give up on yet.

In last year's negations the Rangers made it clear they were not willing to move Fox or Kakko. I'm not sure Buffalo would want Kappo now, his development seems to be hampered by the "pandemic." 

Buffalo needs a goalie, perhaps a package including Georgie, DeAngelo & Kravtsov can get it done, if they don't want Tony D, then either Nils Lundkvist or Braden Schneider would have to go, but I would hope to keep those guys.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

In last year's negations the Rangers made it clear they were not willing to move Fox or Kakko. I'm not sure Buffalo would want Kappo now, his development seems to be hampered by the "pandemic." 

Buffalo needs a goalie, perhaps a package including Georgie, DeAngelo & Kravtsov can get it done, if they don't want Tony D, then either Nils Lundkvist or Braden Schneider would have to go, but I would hope to keep those guys.

I don’t know a lot about Schneider but from what I do know about Nils I’d prefer to not have to part ways with him either. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I don’t know a lot about Schneider but from what I do know about Nils I’d prefer to not have to part ways with him either. 

Yup and Schneider is a real hard nose tough two way defender, he will easily be a fan favorite with his style of play.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Yup and Schneider is a real hard nose tough two way defender, he will easily be a fan favorite with his style of play.

We have a pretty young and deep blue line talent pool.  Even assuming D'Angelo is gone.  If it helps to land Eichel I might be in Favor of freeing up any of our young defenseman not named Fox.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

Ugly wins count for as many points as 9-0 master classes.

Kravstsov will be practicing with the team as early as today?  Hrrm...  I wonder if anyone is being showcased?

His team got knocked out of the KHL playoffs so he's back with the Rangers. If he sticks, Julien Gauthier may be the odd man out.

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

Kakko looked miserable even after the empty netter.  Talk about a poker face.

Kakko looked relieved in the post game interviews, he seemed to be really happy about playing with Panarin and Strome.

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Chris Kreider leads the East with 16 goals, he's earning his contract and he is already acting like the captain.

He is great with the younger guys and veterans alike, he should be wearing the C in my opinion.

My problem with Kreider is that he seems to always be either red hot or ice cold.  It is great when he is hot like he is now.

13 minutes ago, EM31 said:

My problem with Kreider is that he seems to always be either red hot or ice cold.  It is great when he is hot like he is now.

He is streaky and he was cold earlier in the season, but even still he has more goals than Ovechkin and Pastrnak right now.

Watch him at the end of the game with all the players, you can tell he is the leader of the team.