The Browns got the 'Rona again

8 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

If Stefanski is asymptomatic they should let him coach from a modified pope/boogermobile. It's a self-contained environment and he can shoot up and down the sidelines to watch the game. 

Honestly in an empty stadium they could at least have him coach from an empty luxury box or something. Would be crazy but these are crazy times.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, jgb said:

Seems so lol. Although I think Baker's greatest sin around here is that he turned out to be a better QB than Darnold.

Maybe.  Personally I don't care about that.  Nor should anyone.  The Jets weren't in position to draft Mayfield.  

I like the way Mayfield plays for the most part.  Just don't like him at all as a person.  2nd most punchable face in the league.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe.  Personally I don't care about that.  Nor should anyone.  The Jets weren't in position to draft Mayfield.  

I like the way Mayfield plays for the most part.  Just don't like him at all as a person.  2nd most punchable face in the league.

Rosen #1?

On 1/5/2021 at 4:57 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

BG's hatred for the Browns runs deep.  Apparently he grew tired of people thinking that having a lot of high draft picks would eventually yield success for that franchise.  Funny how that stuff works.

I do despise Baker Mayfield's personality, though.  We agree there.

In regards to point one, completely false narrative.  It was simply laughable hearing how great they supposedly were every year they were at the very bottom of the league, and somehow getting worse.  They have a significantly different roster than the one that supposedly had all of the talent in the world while incapable of getting a single win, something the Jets proved this year is an extraordinarily difficult achievement.  It was an idiotic proclamation at the time, regardless of what happened years later.  I mean, were the 2005 Jets actually a great team in hiding because of their success in 2010?  The idea of waiting around long enough for a team who's the very worst to suddenly suck less is hardly some awe-inspiring concept.

Regarding the second point... there it is.  Mayfield, along with a few other Browns players, is an intolerable douche-nozzles, which is my primary thing against them currently.

3 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

In regards to point one, completely false narrative.  It was simply laughable hearing how great they supposedly were every year they were at the very bottom of the league, and somehow getting worse.  They have a significantly different roster than the one that supposedly had all of the talent in the world while incapable of getting a single win, something the Jets proved this year is an extraordinarily difficult achievement.  It was an idiotic proclamation at the time, regardless of what happened years later.  I mean, were the 2005 Jets actually a great team in hiding because of their success in 2010?  The idea of waiting around long enough for a team who's the very worst to suddenly suck less is hardly some awe-inspiring concept.

Regarding the second point... there it is.  Mayfield, along with a few other Browns players, is an intolerable douche-nozzles, which is my primary thing against them currently.

It takes time and several successful drafts in a row to get a team to where the Browns are:  Basically a loaded roster.  You seem to be operating under the belief that this all happened overnight.  They got worse before they got better.  It happens.  It's a lesson in tanking that the Jets have never seemed to learn.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It takes time and several successful drafts in a row to get a team to where the Browns are:  Basically a loaded roster.  You seem to be operating under the belief that this all happened overnight.  They got worse before they got better.  It happens.  It's a lesson in tanking that the Jets have never seemed to learn.

Not sure what you think your point is here, but they still sucked big donkey balls when they were winning 0 to 1 games with an entirely different roster, coaching staff, and front office not that long ago.  The fact that they have since greatly improved by no measure makes that past reality any different, nor those claiming their supposed hidden greatness at the time any less wrong.

I was all for the Jets tanking this year, so you don't need to sell me on that, but pretending that was the brilliant master plan of a bunch of guys who are all unemployed as a direct result is revisionist history in a poor attempt to defend since disproved arguments made about their talent-level at that time.

The Browns sucked royally before, now they're pretty good with a bunch of intolerable douchebags on their roster, a few of whom much of the league didn't want to go near because of how douchey they are.  There's really no more to it than that.

11 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Not sure what you think your point is here, but they still sucked big donkey balls when they were winning 0 to 1 games with an entirely different roster, coaching staff, and front office not that long ago.  The fact that they have since greatly improved by no measure makes that past reality any different, nor those claiming their supposed hidden greatness at the time any less wrong.

I was all for the Jets tanking this year, so you don't need to sell me on that, but pretending that was the brilliant master plan of a bunch of guys who are all unemployed as a direct result is revisionist history in a poor attempt to defend since disproved arguments made about their talent-level at that time.

The Browns sucked royally before, now they're pretty good with a bunch of intolerable douchebags on their roster, a few of whom much of the league didn't want to go near because of how douchey they are.  There's really no more to it than that.

So picking Myles Garrett (2017), Baker Mayfield (2018), Nick Chubb (2018) and Denzel Ward (2018)....those picks had nothing to do with where the Browns are now?  OK....

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tom Brady, of course.

Brady is a hero who has exposed the greatest evil the league has ever known as a fraud.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, I hope Bucs win the bowl and that miserable douche needs to deal with an entire offseason of well we finally.have an answer to Brady vs Belichick 

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

Brady is a hero who has exposed the greatest evil the league has ever known as a fraud.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, I hope Bucs win the bowl and that miserable douche needs to deal with an entire offseason of well we finally.have an answer to Brady vs Belichick 

GFY

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So picking Myles Garrett (2017), Baker Mayfield (2018), Nick Chubb (2018) and Denzel Ward (2018)....those picks had nothing to do with where the Browns are now?  OK....

So they were pile of hot garbage that then improved?  Yeah, you sure showed me, by citing examples supporting exactly what I said.  Still does nothing to change anything about what they were before then.

Your peculiar love affair with the Browns has made you incapable of putting together a single coherent thought on the topic.  Such a weird hill to die on for those who fell in love with a team that was still a record-setting level of bad when the hype all started.  That doesn't magically change because of getting a 6th seed 5 years later with almost nothing in common with that team makeup, including having gone through 4 head coaches, 3 GMs, and a completely different roster.  All part of their brilliant, and completely intentional, strategy the entire time though, I'm sure.

They're also still a douchey team today, just as a reminder.

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

So they were pile of hot garbage that then improved?  Yeah, you sure showed me, by citing examples supporting exactly what I said.  Still does nothing to change anything about what they were before then.

Your peculiar love affair with the Browns has made you incapable of putting together a single coherent thought on the topic.  Such a weird hill to die on for those who fell in love with a team that was still a record-setting level of bad when the hype all started.  That doesn't magically change because of getting a 6th seed 5 years later with almost nothing in common with that team makeup, including having gone through 4 head coaches, 3 GMs, and a completely different roster.  All part of their brilliant, and completely intentional, strategy the entire time though, I'm sure.

They're also still a douchey team today, just as a reminder.

Not in love with the Browns at all.  Just think they built a good core, partially assisted by tanking a couple seasons, that helped get them where they are today.  Now things are coming together for them a bit but somehow I don't get to say I was right about that?

I guess I similarly ask you why you care so much about the Browns.  And such vitriol!

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not in love with the Browns at all.  Just think they built a good core, partially assisted by tanking a couple seasons, that helped get them where they are today.  Now things are coming together for them a bit but somehow I don't get to say I was right about that?

I guess I similarly ask you why you care so much about the Browns.  And such vitriol!

Well currently it's because they're obnoxious douches.  No more or less than that.  So what would normally be the concept of rooting for another team who we could feel the pain of quickly goes away.

My only other point was how laughable it was how long they've been on the hype train, going back to when they were the league's very worst team.  The high picks certainly helped their future improvement, I've argued no differently and was all for the Jets tanking this year after the garbage start, but it doesn't change the fact that we kept having to hear "this is the year" for them, and how they were already overflowing with talent at that time, even as they went from 1 to 0 wins, which is the part you seem to be inexplicably looking to argue with.  That assessment was wrong at the time, and anything that entirely different players, coaches, and GMs have done since then in no way changes that retroactively.