Lord of the Flies Mafia 2021 Game Thread - GAME OVER - 3rd Party Wins!

Drums

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

JiF is a scum watcher.

lol - scum watcher?  never heard of such a thing.  Tracker?  Sure.  Watcher?  What would i watch as scum? 

How long have you been playing this game?  Why would I as scum watcher, give 2 names?

hoy sh*t man 

this is legit the dumbest logic ever displayed omg.

On 2/5/2021 at 3:25 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

All righty.  Time to get this sh*t moving.  We got a lot of new people and they're depending on me for guidance.  

I'm not going to vote the new people today, obviously.  Spoot self-voting gives me town vibes out of the gate.  Barry being weirded out about no 80 train made sense to me.  This game is weird so far.  JiF and Crusher giving me town vibes as well.  So that just leaves this group that I'm considering voting at the moment.

1. Jvill
  2. Stark
  3. JETS
  4. JC
  5. Nyn

Joining Jvill in voting Nyn for her Seinfeld hate is tempting.  But I'll resist.  Good look for Jvill though, Seinfeld rocks.  JETS is back after a long layoff so I won't vote him.  JC is mourning the loss of Screech, so I'll leave him be.  

Let's go with....

Vote Stark

Yeah.  Feels good.  

I had been giving 80 town vibes for a while but just wanted to bump his first serious post...

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm going to do a full reread right now while we wait for Spoot but I'm leaning toward Jville is lying...

The town is crazy supped up...and the "even night" doesnt really add with all the 1x time abilities we've seen.

I was not limited with my watches.  I did a horrible job on N1 and watched 80.  I submitted the name and immediately regretted it.  I was going to watch Crusher but only picked 80 because I thought maybe Nyn was something and she loves shooting 80.  Anyone, nobody visited 80 on N1.

I have a theory on how it balances but just speculation at this point. We had 2 shots on N1 but one was the vig. We had 2 shots N2 but one wasn’t the vig. Also had a day kill. Im guessing we’ve got either 2 factions or one scum team and a SK, and one of those factions or the SK is restricted to even night kills and I’m intended to balance that out. That faction/SK also has the day kill ability to make them more even with the other scum team.

• Upvote 1

On 2/5/2021 at 4:14 PM, Jetsfan80 said:
  • Spoot:  Fast and loose Beaver is an anxiety free Beaver.  As in someone who likely has nothing nefarious to hide.  As a fellow high anxiety type, this gives me town vibes for Spoot.  Scum Spoot would probably not self-vote, even early on D1 during the joke phase. 
  • Crusher:  Playing fat and loose.  He's not as jolly as scum.  
  • JiF:  I town-read him pretty well, I think.  JiF is next level gay when he's town.  So far, so good.

Town reads me well

JiF reveals town with information suddenly thinks I'm scum.

lmfao, cant make this sh*t up

On 2/8/2021 at 12:57 AM, jvill 51 said:

Alright so, thoughts:

80 - I don’t mind him trying to force the action, I do mind the logic on his reads. Leaving out the meta aspect, which I kind of see where he’s coming from although I don’t agree with it, having Spoot as a town read because he self-voted seems backwards to me. In general I consider self-voting, at best, unhelpful to town. His JiF and Crusher reads are also meh. At that point in the game there’d basically been no action, and I don’t see how their play could have given way to any reads so quickly. All those reads seem like reaches when I had them all pretty much null. Plus, as Stark pointed out, he seemed slightly afraid of going after Nyn.

Stark - Pretty much called out the entirety of 80’s reads posts and said he was spewing BS, but no vote there. Then with JETS vote of Nyn, he jumped immediately on the train and voted JETS. Interesting dichotomy there and I’d like to hear his explanation of why he never moved to 80. His vote at that time was, I believe, a joke vote on me in his first post of the game, so its not like he would have been moving off an actual read at that point.

JETS - Not much to add to what’s already been picked over by everyone. We’ll see what he has to say tomorrow but the vote reeked and the defense of it doesn’t help.

Nyn - Originally questioned why she called out the JETS vote but didn’t vote there. Similar to Stark calling out 80 but not voting there, except she already did have a vote on someone else that was actually premised on gameplay. On first read my take on it was actually different from Crusher’s, in that to me it read more like Nyn was subtly egging on the train while not committing to it herself. Her explanation calms those concerns a bit though. I can see her being wary of the speed of the train at that point in time, I agree on the competing trains being a good thing and that its probably a good thing the train stalled a bit so we could get more people involved.

Barry - Like that he’s pushing people and the no hesitation vote on JETS.

JC - Was quick to follow Barry on to the JETS train, quoting Barry, who didn’t give any reasoning, without any reasoning of his own. Could have just been that the reasoning was obvious, which is how I took Barry’s vote, but JC’s quoting of Barry to do it stood out.

Definitely want to hear from some others, including the newbies.

As of right now I’m willing to go with any of the first 3 above. I’ll wait to hear responses to some of my questions before casting my vote.

Unvote

On 2/8/2021 at 9:57 AM, jvill 51 said:

Convenient was my first thought too, along with the fact that I think every time I’ve seen a bomb in the games I’ve played it worked differently (end of the train blew up on a lynch). But if he could be vetted seems like a huge town asset, no?

On 2/8/2021 at 10:02 AM, Stark said:

that was how I have seen the bomb work in previous games but I had to look it up and there are more versions that work off the NA's.

There isn't really a way to "vet" him though. 

Wanted to bump the Jville post but also this exchange too...

On 2/8/2021 at 11:44 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Obviously he's not dying at night now. I just thought we might be able to have a clearer picture of whether it makes sense as the picture becomes clearer. A cop could also look him up if they wanted - which would certainly vet him. In fact that might be a good thing to get out of the way early. It would be nice to have a vetted townie who isn't getting killed at night.

If he's being honest, scum wants him lynched for sure.

weird cop directing post by Barry, people called him out, just figured it I'd call it out.

On 2/8/2021 at 11:56 AM, jvill 51 said:

Thinking about it some more, I don’t think it is a situation where it works itself out. The only way to vet him is investigative roles, which we don’t even know if we have. So best case, JETS is telling the truth and an investigative role has to out themselves to let town know it. Worst case, he’s lying and there’s no investigation that can prove it, we lynch a townie(s) and we have to carry the distraction further along into the game. All the scenarios in between (telling the truth but we have no one who can vet him, lying but we have to use/out an investigator to catch him) lead to a net negative for town IMO. Between that little game theory and his actual gameplay, I think it clears things up quite a bit.

Vote JETS

On 2/8/2021 at 12:00 PM, Drums said:

Final Day 1 Vote Count 

JETS (7) - JC, Spoot, Crusher, Nyn, Stark, 80, Jvill

Nyn (1) -JETS

Stark (1) - 80

Barry (1) - Waka

80 (1) - Stark

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline: Monday 7PM EST

Meh logic just ultimately hammer...

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

What’s wrong with the logic? And why is it a bad thing that I hammered a claimed bomb? Multiple people volunteered to be the white knight in that situation, I think including you, without actually doing it.

Nevermind, wasn’t you. You just reacted to the fact that nobody got blown up after the lynch. 80 definitely volunteered, after the lynch already happened. Thought there was another.

21 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

This makes no sense. If you truly thought Scum shot at you, and you are now a VT, the best thing you can do for Town is to say nothing about your vest. Scum will have to weigh the possibility of you being the Doc, which helps the real Doc stay hidden.

You're not helping Town by revealing. You're only trying to save yourself.

vote Crusher

Spoot with good logic eventhough the vote was wrong...

I guess JiF could be scum watcher. Clear benefits to scum doing this - hit other team during day and/or out town PR's, gain town cred. Risk is that he can get called on it. More likely he's town IMO.

I will say I really didn't like the way he hammered crusher after having him town the whole time.

@JiF who did you watch N1 and what were the results?

14 hours ago, Drums said:

As night settled in, the boys’ fear was at an all time high and now the Beast was everywhere. No one wanted to go anywhere alone but a lot of the wood that the boys brought earlier was damp so the fire was not yet strong enough to burn throughout the night and they desperately needed to keep the fire going all night.

Maybe it was because of their identical DNA, but Sam’n’Eric were practically the same person. As twins typically do, they did everything together. Little did they know, this would be their last night together.

The older boys, quite focused on the dwindling fire, forced the twins to go find something dry with which to feed it. Against their will, Sam’n’Eric went out in search of what was needed. 

A couple boys in robes decided it would be funny to scare them a little bit so they waited a few minutes and followed after the twins. 

One of the boys grabbed Sam and threw him to the side and he ran off. Eric immediately took off running in the opposite direction, thinking the Beast was chasing him. The boys in the robes followed quickly after him, but unfortunately for Eric, he had run out of room to run and now stood at the edge of a precipice overlooking the ocean below.

The boys in the robes caught up to him and crept closer.. And closer.. 

Eric kept backing up but he felt the edge of the cliff with his bare feet and  knew there was nowhere else to go. He could not see faces, just dark, imposing shadows. And then he slipped.

166545_orig.jpg&key=029099b71ef4f57aacc9

Nyn - Eric (Town Mason)  drowned to death.

It is now Day 3. With 8 players alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

I'll iso Nyn after lunch, I didnt see anything that made me think mason but I'll look again.

14 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Did JiF die yet?

14 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Vote JiF.  

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

vote JC

first votes of the day

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I guess JiF could be scum watcher. Clear benefits to scum doing this - hit other team during day and/or out town PR's, gain town cred. Risk is that he can get called on it. More likely he's town IMO.

I will say I really didn't like the way he hammered crusher after having him town the whole time.

@JiF who did you watch N1 and what were the results?

He claims he watched me because reasons.

Stupid AF if he's telling the truth.

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

I have a theory on how it balances but just speculation at this point. We had 2 shots on N1 but one was the vig. We had 2 shots N2 but one wasn’t the vig. Also had a day kill. Im guessing we’ve got either 2 factions or one scum team and a SK, and one of those factions or the SK is restricted to even night kills and I’m intended to balance that out. That faction/SK also has the day kill ability to make them more even with the other scum team.

If so then I'm proper ****ed and this effort is worthless but not saying your wrong.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@JiF we've had a scum watcher before.  

Once before....lol.  Fine.  Like I said, we had a town role blocker (maybe you) and I couldnt get off...so then lets say I am Scum Watcher.

Why would I give you 2 names?  lol  If this was a power move to get a player lynched, the right play is to come out swinging with a vote and 1 name...WIFOM sure but literally zero logic if this was a gambit play to give you 2 names. 

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

What’s wrong with the logic? And why is it a bad thing that I hammered a claimed bomb? Multiple people volunteered to be the white knight in that situation, I think including you, without actually doing it.

The "net negative"...I've won the game for town as the bomb before....