Lord of the Flies Mafia 2021 Game Thread - GAME OVER - 3rd Party Wins!

Drums

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm an FBI Agent and investigated Stark.

I got sh*t from Nyn and JC for asking Stark how many shots he had, and there was a reason for that.

Who else have you investigated? 

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Am I missing something? Why do you assume there's a 3rd Mason?

Did we find the other mason?  Maybe I missed it.

12 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

What am I making up? You were the one who connected yourself asking how many shots Stark had with your claimed role. Me pointing out that that doesn’t make any sense logically isn’t me making sh*t up. You now saying you messed up and got ahead of yourself by asking that question doesn’t negate the fact that, if you were actually telling the truth about your role, that would mean that you played your role poorly. Which doesn’t make your claim more believable, it makes it less believable.

You also not voting me right away when presented with information that should instantly make it clear that either you or me shot Stark also isn’t me making sh*t up, and also doesn’t make it more believable that you’re being honest here.

None of that is evidence of me being full of sh*t. You're just twisting my words.

When Stark claimed Vig, I thought he might be full of sh*t, because it didn't make sense to me for a Vig to out themselves if they have more shots. Unbeknownst to me at the time, he had already answered that question, so it was completely unnecessary for me to ask that, and if I had kept reading before replying, I would've seen that. And I'm not claiming that me playing my role poorly makes it more believable, but if you think it makes it less believable, than clearly you overestimate me. Ultimately, though, I don't need to convince you, and you don't need to convince me.

Me not voting you right away is something else you're trying to twist to look scummy. I was just reading and responding quickly as I went, because I saw I was behind a few pages. So, it didn't occur to me to immediately vote you. So what? That's not evidence of me being dishonest, that's just evidence of me rushing through to catch up. You're reaching, and it shows.

On 2/3/2021 at 6:33 PM, Drums said:
  • Crush luv - Simon - Town Bodyguard (1x PBV) (Lynched D2)
  • Jvill - Town Blocker
  • Spoot - FBI Agent
  • Barry - VT
  • 80 - VT
  • Stark - Ralph (1x Vig) (Killed N2)
  • Jif - Town Watcher
  • Waka JETS -?
  • Tranquilo JETS - Phil - VT (Killed N1)
  • Southpark - ?
  • JETS - Percival - Town PR (Bomb) (Lynched Day 1)
  • JC - Sam - Town Mason (Killed D3)
  • Nyn - Eric - Town Mason (Killed N2)

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

None of that is evidence of me being full of sh*t. You're just twisting my words.

When Stark claimed Vig, I thought he might be full of sh*t, because it didn't make sense to me for a Vig to out themselves if they have more shots. Unbeknownst to me at the time, he had already answered that question, so it was completely unnecessary for me to ask that, and if I had kept reading before replying, I would've seen that. And I'm not claiming that me playing my role poorly makes it more believable, but if you think it makes it less believable, than clearly you overestimate me. Ultimately, though, I don't need to convince you, and you don't need to convince me.

Me not voting you right away is something else you're trying to twist to look scummy. I was just reading and responding quickly as I went, because I saw I was behind a few pages. So, it didn't occur to me to immediately vote you. So what? That's not evidence of me being dishonest, that's just evidence of me rushing through to catch up. You're reaching, and it shows.

I’ll give you the bold LOL.

As to your other points:

1. I’m still failing to see how you asking Stark how many shots he had left lends any credence to your claimed role, which is how you initially presented it the post where you revealed. I’m also curious as to why, as the FBI Agent, knowing there was a SK out there, and with only 2 shots fired on N1, you wouldn’t have pushed to lynch Stark when he claimed the shot. At that time you have a piece of inside info on there being a SK, how is Stark not option 1 for you, and why do you defend him and find his claim believable?

2. To me, you not voting me right away shows that your main concern was protecting yourself with your reveal, not catching scum. Your immediate thought wasn’t, oh this must mean Jvill is scum, because a) you had to cover yourself first and b) you know it was you killed Stark.

You’re right obviously though that we’re not convincing each other here. We both know who killed Stark. I think you waiting to vote me shows that while I came to that conclusion right away, you needed some time to think about how to frame it and see what I claimed. Others can take it how they want.

5 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I’ll give you the bold LOL.

As to your other points:

1. I’m still failing to see how you asking Stark how many shots he had left lends any credence to your claimed role, which is how you initially presented it the post where you revealed. I’m also curious as to why, as the FBI Agent, knowing there was a SK out there, and with only 2 shots fired on N1, you wouldn’t have pushed to lynch Stark when he claimed the shot. At that time you have a piece of inside info on there being a SK, how is Stark not option 1 for you, and why do you defend him and find his claim believable?

2. To me, you not voting me right away shows that your main concern was protecting yourself with your reveal, not catching scum. Your immediate thought wasn’t, oh this must mean Jvill is scum, because a) you had to cover yourself first and b) you know it was you killed Stark.

You’re right obviously though that we’re not convincing each other here. We both know who killed Stark. I think you waiting to vote me shows that while I came to that conclusion right away, you needed some time to think about how to frame it and see what I claimed. Others can take it how they want.

Whoa, this was good.  

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

Stark claiming only one shot made me think that he might be telling the truth, so rather than pushing to lynch a possible Townie, I decided to just investigate him. If he was the SK, I could always reveal and get him lynched the next day.

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

See, you're putting way more thought into what I posted, then I did. I got a late start today and was rushing so it didn't occur to me in like those 5 seconds it took for me to post to vote you. Like I said, you're reaching.

Jville is defending very well.  From that, I'd probably lean Spoot.  If you're going chalk, it's Jville...but someone is lying, so I dont think you can go chalk.

Tough decision, not going to lie.  The fact that 80 and Barry are voting Spoot makes me nervous too because they're terrible at this.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Stark claiming only one shot made me think that he might be telling the truth, so rather than pushing to lynch a possible Townie, I decided to just investigate him. If he was the SK, I could always reveal and get him lynched the next day.

See, you're putting way more thought into what I posted, then I did. I got a late start today and was rushing so it didn't occur to me in like those 5 seconds it took for me to post to vote you. Like I said, you're reaching.

But you didn’t just not push to lynch him, you made it a point to say that you found him genuine. And I don’t see how you can reconcile your belief that he was being genuine with your supposed inside info that there is a SK out there and only 2 shots were fired. You should have been hugely skeptical of that.

as to the second part, there’s no use rehashing it again. You say it’s a reach, I think it’s consciousness of guilt, let the others fall on it where they may.

3 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

But you didn’t just not push to lynch him, you made it a point to say that you found him genuine. And I don’t see how you can reconcile your belief that he was being genuine with your supposed inside info that there is a SK out there and only 2 shots were fired. You should have been hugely skeptical of that.

So what if I said he seemed "genuine" at the time? This wouldn't be the first time a Town PR said one thing to hide/protect their intentions. I wanted to be able to investigate him. If he was SK, then I could easily reneg and say I caught him. It didn't matter. I really thought it was more likely that Crusher was Scum and wanted him lynched over a guy I could easily vet myself.

And SK holstering or having his kills alternated with a vig could've easily explained there only being two shots that night. I didn't want to rush into lynching a potential Townie, but you better believe that I WAS skeptical of Stark, WHICH IS WHY I WANTED TO INVESTIGATE HIM.

1 hour ago, JiF said:
  • Crush luv - Simon - Town Bodyguard (1x PBV) (Lynched D2)
  • Jvill - Town Blocker
  • Spoot - FBI Agent
  • Barry - VT
  • 80 - VT
  • Stark - Ralph (1x Vig) (Killed N2)
  • Jif - Town Watcher
  • Waka JETS -?
  • Tranquilo JETS - Phil - VT (Killed N1)
  • Southpark - ?
  • JETS - Percival - Town PR (Bomb) (Lynched Day 1)
  • JC - Sam - Town Mason (Killed D3)
  • Nyn - Eric - Town Mason (Killed N2)

updated till we hear from JETS and South

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

So what if I said he seemed "genuine" at the time? This wouldn't be the first time a Town PR said one thing to hide/protect their intentions. I wanted to be able to investigate him. If he was SK, then I could easily reneg and say I caught him. It didn't matter. I really thought it was more likely that Crusher was Scum and wanted him lynched over a guy I could easily vet myself.

And SK holstering or having his kills alternated with a vig could've easily explained there only being two shots that night. I didn't want to rush into lynching a potential Townie, but you better believe that I WAS skeptical of Stark, WHICH IS WHY I WANTED TO INVESTIGATE HIM.

Funny, the reason why I watched him is because I assumed he'd be killed.

From that perspective, the use of the action seems more appropriate from jville.  Blocking a shot from a lying vig isnt a bad idea considering he just shot off the vest off a townie on night 1 and or scum/sk etc..  Viewing him when he was more then likely a dead man walking and telling the truth, is an odd choice.

Granted, this a guy who wasted a watch on 80 for no logical reason but still...that's where my head is at.

13 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Re: the bold: is that what you were doing? You never actually say.

If not, you saying that you find him genuine makes no sense. Given your role as the FBI agent it makes even less sense to give a guy who took a shot a vote of confidence. If you ended up dead, that could have been construed as you clearing him. Speaking of which, did you breadcrumb your result on JC?

2 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I think that’s bull tbh, if you visit someone at night and find out they’re scum a town player would be all over that. Sorry if I’m wrong spoot as it seems you’ve been a supporter of the JETS revenge tour. 

I mean it is bull, but that’s not exactly what happened. JiF viewed Stark and saw that me and Spoot visited him. Stark ended up dead, meaning either me or Spoot is the one that killed Spoot. My contention is that, when presented with that information, Spoot didn’t immediately vote me, which seems off considering it had to be one of us that’s guilty.

And FTR I’m all aboard the JETS revenge tour bandwagon.

• Upvote 2