Are we still saying Becton was better then Wirfs

kevinc855

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

You are expected to play LT with a sore shoulder. Ask D-Brick. I watched Wirfs all season I can assure you the team who just won the Super Bowl would not trade the player that missed zero snaps and committed one penalty for a guy who struggled with his conditioning and availability all season. Donovan Smith is actually pretty similar to Becton and Wirfs will be replacing him in 2022. Becton certainly has high potential, but he needs to commit himself and toughen up a bit. Wirfs is already there and will be a perennial all-pro. 

Becton's status and usage in the NE game was borderline malpractice.  The Jets were winless and going nowhere. Becton was having a great season and was the sole bright spot. He dinged his shoulder the week before. He has 10-15 years ahead of him as a potential top flight LT and nothing to prove or play for vs the Pats.  So he's either healthy and able to start or injured and inactive. Instead, he suits up, but sits????? And then when whoshewhatshee (I don't remember who got the start) is injured, Gase throws Becton in there!  And, of course, Becton reinjures his shoulder in a completely meaningless spot in a game he should be watching in street clothes.  And after that, he was nicked up the rest of the season.  Horrible decision.  If he's not healthy enough to start the game for a winless team with nothing to play for except to give players like Becton game experience, he's not healthy enough to play at all.  

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

You are expected to play LT with a sore shoulder. Ask D-Brick. I watched Wirfs all season I can assure you the team who just won the Super Bowl would not trade the player that missed zero snaps and committed one penalty for a guy who struggled with his conditioning and availability all season. Donovan Smith is actually pretty similar to Becton and Wirfs will be replacing him in 2022. Becton certainly has high potential, but he needs to commit himself and toughen up a bit. Wirfs is already there and will be a perennial all-pro. 

Drugs are bad dude...

15 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

LT or RT aside.....do you still pass on Wirfs in hindsight? 

I don't recall many people saying Becton is/was better than Wirfs

most people feel they both have kicked *$$

we got enough legit issues ... no need to try and hocus-pocus a non-existent one up also