Saleh Having a Press Conference Tomorrow AT 12:15

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wanting Gase fired after 4 weeks was 4 weeks too many.  And has nothing to do with JDF, stop bringing your man crush up every time we talk Douglas.  They're on two distinctly different levels.  Why do you feel the need to bring Gase up, didnt anyone ask about that loser?  

Better than being the board troll or whatever youre trying to be this week.  

I don’t care about Adam Gase. He sucked.  

SAR I

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Again, u cant make decisions until u know what u have at qb.  That could not be figured out until this past season.  If the Jets had hopkins and all these free agents u wanted, they have 8 wins, no qb and no opportunity to get a qb.

Because Douglas is smart and structured the roster a certain way: he can now do 2 things:

1- get his qb elite playmakers at the top of the draft.  Unfortunately, since Darnold blows, this didnt pan out.

2- so option 2 now has to take place.  You take an elite qb oprospect at 2.

Joe Douglas played this perfectly.

But Jets fans are dumb and are mad we dont have high priced free agents, an 8 win team in no mans land, no qb and no opportunity to get a qb.

I agree with all of it.  But eventually Douglas a) has to start constructing instead of deconstructing and b) be held accountable for the team’s record.  Before we blink he will have been here 3 years and still in some honeymoon phase?  Please. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I agree with all of it.  But eventually Douglas a) has to start constructing instead of deconstructing and b) be held accountable for the team’s record.  Before we blink he will have been here 3 years and still in some honeymoon phase?  Please. 

SAR I

We r going to get a 2nd for darnold.  So we are going to have 2 firsts, 2 2nds and 2 3rds.

Douglas is going to take wilson at 2.  A stud reciever at 23.  Travis etienne at top of round 2.  Oline w/ darnold round 2 pick.  Pass catching tight end at top of round 3.  Another oline at end of round 3.

So if we line up next year with:

Qb - zach wilson

rb- etienne

wr- mims, 23rd pick in the draft, crowder

tight end- herndon/pass catcher tight end from the top of round 3.

oline: becton, stud we took in round 2, round 3 pick

And remember, we got 2 number ones next year to start fleshing out the defense.  And now we start spending free agent dollars.

Get on board guys.  Douglas is putting on a master display of how to patiently rebuild for long term success.

who would not be excited trotting out that offense next year??  And we didnt even get locked into high priced bad free agent contracts.

Guys, were finally doing it right!!!!

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We r going to get a 2nd for darnold.  So we are going to have 2 firsts, 2 2nds and 2 3rds.

Douglas is going to take wilson at 2.  A stud reciever at 23.  Travis etienne at top of round 2.  Oline w/ darnold round 2 pick.  Pass catching tight end at top of round 3.  Another oline at end of round 3.

Qb - zach wilson

rb- etienne

And remember, we got 2 number ones next year to start fleshing out the defense.  And now we start spending free agent dollars.

Get on board guys.  Douglas is putting on a master display of how to patiently rebuild for long term success.

who would not be excited trotting out that offense next year??  And we didnt even get locked into high priced bad free agent contracts.

I agree. I'm not sold that he will take Wilson. Wouldn't be surprised if he took Fields. But its going to be a QB at #2. 

I think a Darnold trade will eventually materialize. Not sure if we get a 2nd or a 3rd and 5th or something like that but whatever it is, Darnold will get us critical draft assets. 

Agree that 23 is a great spot for WR. Disagree that the Jets take Ettienne (or ay RB) at the top of Rd. 2. I think they take a WR/Edge with the Seattle pick and their high second rounder (34?). Depends on who is there and who they like. Personally, I really want Marshall, Jr. at 23 and Pat Jones at 34. But I'm not sure what their board is like. 

Agree with an O-lineman with the Darnold pick. Makes sense to me. An OT suited to play RT who can compete to play G right away if needed. Jaylen Mayfield immediately comes to mind but he will probably be off the board. Maybe Dillon Radunz?

Agree that the Jets might address TE but I think its makes even more sense to take a LB. The Jets need big, athletic LBs to fill that wide 9 defensive scheme. They don't really have that. They need guys who can cover. They don't really have that. Surratt and Cox would be perfect and they won't last past Rd. 3. I love both of these prospects. Maybe they take a TE with the latter (Seattle) of the 3rd.   

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Qb - zach wilson

rb- etienne

I want to believe it, I need to believe it, but until I do, I'm skeptical.

Looking forward to a great 8 weeks.  If not...

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I don’t care about Adam Gase. He sucked.  

SAR I

And you cant stop bringing him up

When did you decide that he sucked?  You cried that he shouldn't have been fired, he did a fine job as the HC, that he wouldnt get fired because he was the lead football guy for the team.  All after the season ended, how did that become he sucked?  Hypocrite 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And you cant stop bringing him up

When did you decide that he sucked?  You cried that he shouldn't have been fired, he did a fine job as the HC, that he wouldnt get fired because he was the lead football guy for the team.  All after the season ended, how did that become he sucked?  Hypocrite 

Again, there's no reason to talk about Gase as he's no longer affiliated with the New York Jets.

SAR I

42 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Nothing at all. You seem to be the one who is upset.

SAR I

Upset?  LOL, after all I've been through, nothing ever upsets me.

You bring up Gase at every turn.

This thread didnt need his name brought up.  Pointing that out doesn't make anyone upset.  

We're done, no response needed

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This thread didnt need his name brought up.  

You realize this chimp is stroking his micropenis into his business backpack every time you reply to him, right? Ignore him. 

• Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Qb - zach wilson

rb- etienne

This would be the dream draft.

I just have the feeling you're going to see an edge and corner as two of the top 4.  For my money all 4 need to be offense.  

Honestly, if they're not Douglas isn't going to be successful, it'll tell me he just doesn't get it.

21 hours ago, SAR I said:

If one looks only at trade value, Douglas had a good 2020.

But in the end, he took a roster that finished a respectable 6-2 and made it worse.  CJ Mosley, Robbie Anderson, and Jamal Adams were far better than the nobodies that replaced them.  I get that Maccagnan left us a mess and it needed to be cleaned up.  But if we deliberately took steps backwards last year to get positioned for this year, I'd better see some results this year.

Yesterday's presser sounded like All Brake No Gas.

SAR I

Just because this guy is never going to give you anything in a press conference doesn't mean he is not going to build a team.  I'm glad that he plays his cards close to his vest and the front office doesn't leak anymore.

Let's face it.  If we get a good QB who helps us win on a consistent basis we will consider Douglas to be a huge success.

If one looks only at trade value, Douglas had a good 2020.

But in the end, he took a roster that finished a respectable 6-2 and made it worse.  CJ Mosley, Robbie Anderson, and Jamal Adams were far better than the nobodies that replaced them.  I get that Maccagnan left us a mess and it needed to be cleaned up.  But if we deliberately took steps backwards last year to get positioned for this year, I'd better see some results this year.

Yesterday's presser sounded like All Brake No Gas.

SAR I

The two are independent.  Gase sucked.  Glad we've seemingly upgraded.

Maccagnan came in here preaching the same thing about a rebuild.  He axed a bunch of salary.  He drafted well in the first round.  He wooed some nice free agents.

This March/April means everything for Joe Douglas.  If he strikes out in FA its not because of rebuilding.  It's because he isn't good.  And if the Dolphins get Watson?  Forget it.

SAR I

Not sure I understand how Mac drafted well, woo'd nice FA's, etc etc....but left us in a mess that needed to be cleaned up. 

9 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Just because this guy is never going to give you anything in a press conference doesn't mean he is not going to build a team.  I'm glad that he plays his cards close to his vest and the front office doesn't leak anymore.

Let's face it.  If we get a good QB who helps us win on a consistent basis we will consider Douglas to be a huge success.

Public perception is one concern, actual performance is another.  I believe the roster is at rock bottom right now.  I was expecting that the players we'd brought in to replace Leonard Williams, Jamal Adams, Avery Williamson, Jason Myers, Steve McLendon, and Robbie Anderson would translate to something other than a salary dump.  To date, we know two things about Joe Douglas-  he can cut good players and he can fleece win-now teams for draft picks.

The art of actually signing young, affordable talent is still an unknown.  Last year's draft class missed half the season and put us in an 0-8 hole before we could even blink.  Trading away all our talent to attain draft picks obviously only works if you draft well.  So far, meh.

I'm not done with Joe Douglas, but he's on warning.  The next 8 weeks better look fantastic, or else.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Not sure I understand how Mac drafted well, woo'd nice FA's, etc etc....but left us in a mess that needed to be cleaned up. 

His first round picks were good.  Everything else was mediocre.  He spent money on free agents.  Douglas is counting pennies for some future moment in time.  I'd like to see some of it spent now.  No matter who our QB is, he's going to need some real playmakers.  We no gots.

SAR I

47 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This thread didnt need his name brought up.  Pointing that out doesn't make anyone upset.  

We're done, no response needed

Please stop being so upset.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

His first round picks were good.  Everything else was mediocre.  He spent money on free agents.  Douglas is counting pennies for some future moment in time.  I'd like to see some of it spent now.  No matter who our QB is, he's going to need some real playmakers.  We no gots.

SAR I

Were they? Leonard Williams, Darron Lee, Jamal Adams, Sam Darnold, Quinnen Williams. 

As it stands now, Quinnen looks like he'll be the only survivor. That's....that's not good SAR.  His spending on free agents was not any better, you don't need me to list those mistakes. 

We'll see how Douglas does when free agency starts, but starts with hitting on your draft picks and not doing what Mac did. 

14 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Were they? Leonard Williams, Darron Lee, Jamal Adams, Sam Darnold, Quinnen Williams. 

As it stands now, Quinnen looks like he'll be the only survivor. That's....that's not good SAR.  His spending on free agents was not any better, you don't need me to list those mistakes. 

We'll see how Douglas does when free agency starts, but starts with hitting on your draft picks and not doing what Mac did. 

Half of first round NFL players bust, so Leonard, Jamal, and Quinnen are on par.  The only reason Q is the lone "survivor" is because Douglas punted Leonard and Jamal.  All three are quality players.

It's not hard to hit on half your first rounders when picking so high.  Becton wasn't exactly rocket science.

SAR I

42 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

He should have fired the useless HC that dragged the team down

1 hour ago, Jets Things said:

You realize this chimp is stroking his micropenis into his business backpack every time you reply to him, right? Ignore him. 

Believe me I know, he’s been playing this childish trolling schtick forever.  Everyone knows this. 
This from a full blown, middle aged adult who goes to the Jet board and thinks being  this character is funny