Murder at Midnight Mafia Game Thread (Day 4) [Game Over; Town Wins!]

5 hours ago, CTM said:

The only way jvill isnt town is if scum was told from the getgo town isnt all millers, which throws me back in the possible scum pile. No way uninformed scum counters miller like that.

That being said I felt our interaction was genuine, as soon as I saw his post I was legitimately concerned that because I could barely read the pm amd the openning post i might of missed a no reveal rule which is somewhat rare in these parts. (Only bad game designers like @Pac employee them to compensate for small brains. )

What if scum got some kind of safe claim? Surprised you wouldn’t think about that as a possibility. 

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m trying to find scum and figure out the game. Despite my own stupidity I think I’ve made a few good points here and there and have arrived at a decent pool of scum candidates.

You, meanwhile, are not scum hunting like town JiF would.  At least I’m the one being consistent in my approach to this game.

Agree with this commentary.

21 minutes ago, Drums said:

I’d like to get your thoughts on JETS and greenseed as well @JiF

JETS looks like he always does scummy.  Yet, every time we lynched him for his play he flips town.  Greenseed is interesting, not because of his earlier vote on me.  He just didn't answer the mail on why he thought there were multiple scum teams.

22 minutes ago, Drums said:

Ctm, can you, like, try? Do you really think Ape is scum or are you just being a dick?

Ape pinged just like 80 did last game, everything I've seen since continues to support the idea that ape is scum. He was overly defensive and explanatory for no real reason. Dude hangs on my every word and is casing jvill for something I did first that he claims didnt notice. Right.  Even now he wont engage with me lobbing turds at him because he doesnt want to be center of attention.

And dont listen to his defelction projection about what he asserts the dynamic is here. Last game he  investigated me night 1 and continued to obsess over me, ultimately voting me for the loss. At no point did I vote him and even turned down the offer to lynch him at one point despite recognize he was cratering on me. Because I didnt suspect him. The rivalry can be fun and I'm not opposed to voting him for lulz, but right now I'm voting because I think there is a decent shot he's scum. Period.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

JETS looks like he always does scummy.  Yet, every time we lynched him for his play he flips town.  Greenseed is interesting, not because of his earlier vote on me.  He just didn't answer the mail on why he thought there were multiple scum teams.

@Greenseed4

Just now, CTM said:

Ape pinged just like 80 did last game, everything I've seen since continues to support the idea that ape is scum. He was overly defensive and explanatory for no real reason. Dude hangs on my every word and is casing jvill for something I did first that he claims didnt notice. Right.  Even now he wont engage with me lobbing turds at him because he doesnt want to be center of attention.

And dont listen to his projection about what he asserts the dynamic is here. Last game he  investigated me night 1 and continued to obsess over me, ultimately voting me for the loss. At no point did I vote him and even turned down the offer to lynch him at one point despite recognize he was cratering on me. Because I didnt suspect him. The rivalry can be fun and I'm not opposed to voting him for lulz, but right now I'm voting because I think there is a decent shot he's scum. Period.

Yeah, that is something I’m still trying to understand. This is a good post. I look forward to the rebuttal. 

I am still okay with Stark right now. At the very worst, he says he is a Miller, so it would be like lynching VT. One less person for the cop to worry about and we will get some info. Also, he is better as scum (shot Crusher, town watcher, as a 1x vig on night one in my game ffs but was also debating killing JETS for the lulz, in between two wins as scum). 

1 minute ago, Drums said:

I am still okay with Stark right now. At the very worst, he says he is a Miller, so it would be like lynching VT. One less person for the cop to worry about and we will get some info. Also, he is better as scum (shot Crusher, town watcher, as a 1x vig on night one in my game ffs but was also debating killing JETS for the lulz, in between two wins as scum). 

My bad, crusher was bodyguard

8 minutes ago, Drums said:

Yeah, that is something I’m still trying to understand. This is a good post. I look forward to the rebuttal. 

Glad someone is because I'm not!

Don't get hopes up, I'm not really going to engage. This is a day 1 gut case and I could probably write his responses if I so desired. THe only reason I kept lobbing turds was to see if he'd keep ignoring.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Glad someone is because I'm not!

Don't get hopes up, I'm not really going to engage. This is a day 1 gut case and I could probably write his responses if I so desired. THe only reason I kept lobbing turds was to see if he'd keep ignoring.

Haha. I have not figured out the Ape but leaning townish right now. 

45 minutes ago, CTM said:

And dont listen to his defelction projection about what he asserts the dynamic is here. Last game he  investigated me night 1 and continued to obsess over me, ultimately voting me for the loss. At no point did I vote him and even turned down the offer to lynch him at one point despite recognize he was cratering on me. Because I didnt suspect him. The rivalry can be fun and I'm not opposed to voting him for lulz, but right now I'm voting because I think there is a decent shot he's scum. Period.

I've definitely been weirded out a bit by him buttering me up at times this game.  He usually goes for one of 2 extremes when he's scum and I'm town:  Either compliment my play or repeatedly dismiss me as stupid.  

I still found his reveal to be town-like, and you are CTM so you always have him in your sights.  But he's certainly not a firm town read for me at the moment.  Come to think of it I don't really have ANY firm town reads at the moment, except probably you for getting out in front with the Miller reveal.  

48 minutes ago, CTM said:

Glad you’re actually going on record.

I mean, you’re wrong and stupid, but at least you explained yourself.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I've definitely been weirded out a bit by him buttering me up at times this game.  He usually goes for one of 2 extremes when he's scum and I'm town:  Either compliment my play or repeatedly dismiss me as stupid.  

I still found his reveal to be town-like, and you are CTM so you always have him in your sights.  But he's certainly not a firm town read for me at the moment.  Come to think of it I don't really have ANY firm town reads at the moment, except probably you for getting out in front with the Miller reveal.  

I’ve taken up permanent residence both you and ctm’s heads.

49 minutes ago, Drums said:

I thought I responded about this? Are you expecting further rebuttal?

I didn’t notice ctm do it. I did notice jville. Pretty simple. Not sure why I’d be openly transparent about it as scum. Seems like a ho-him thing to chase after, but you guys do you.

Frankly, it’s a stupid case, shows zero consideration for how scum would approach it, insulate themselves, or anything.

You want to vote me? Vote me for buddying up to 80 or something that could have scummy agenda behind it. 

Voting me for missing a comment = not scum hunting.

49 minutes ago, Drums said:

I don’t understand the bold. The whole game is saying they are millers, how does it make Stark uniquely “okay”?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CTM said:

I don’t want to be the center of attention? Hahaha... when have I ever tried to hide as scum or town.

This is just false.

We've all generally accepted you are town. Why would I “engage with you” if I think you’re town and I want to hunt scum?  

This is just stupid.

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

@Drums thank you for pointing this out. This is telling.

In my original post I said multiple scums, because there ARE more than one scum member. Inferring that I meant multiple scum teams is not something a newbie would inquire, but now it shows JC curious how I’d know about teams. 

So, in this game there are multiple scum factions. Would make sense with the theme of Drakken Cove, and would explain why it’s so hard to get a lynch on D1... EVERYONES A SCUM! 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean I really don't though. Should be evident from last game, where I definitly was town, definitly never suspected or voted him even when I was watching his paranoid little simian brain lose the game for town

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Glad you’re actually going on record.

I mean, you’re wrong and stupid, but at least you explained yourself.

53 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don’t want to be the center of attention? Hahaha... when have I ever tried to hide as scum or town.

This is just false.

We've all generally accepted you are town. Why would I “engage with you” if I think you’re town and I want to hunt scum?  

This is just stupid.

2 responses to 1 post, 7 minutes apart. Not satisfied with his first response = rethinking it =  why? Either he's compensating for his furry micropeen or scum

In case it's the former,

45 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

So, in this game there are multiple scum factions. Would make sense with the theme of Drakken Cove, and would explain why it’s so hard to get a lynch on D1... EVERYONES A SCUM! 

you've said this atleast twice, did you ever explain why? I was out of town for 3 days and haven't read back.. admittedly

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I thought I responded about this? Are you expecting further rebuttal?

I didn’t notice ctm do it. I did notice jville. Pretty simple. Not sure why I’d be openly transparent about it as scum. Seems like a ho-him thing to chase after, but you guys do you.

Frankly, it’s a stupid case, shows zero consideration for how scum would approach it, insulate themselves, or anything.

You want to vote me? Vote me for buddying up to 80 or something that could have scummy agenda behind it. 

Voting me for missing a comment = not scum hunting.

Just because I don't completely understand how you missed that doesn't mean you have to reexplain or anything. I believe you I think. Especially because you're not pushing jvill anymore and that was kinda the basis of your case. 

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

2 responses to 1 post, 7 minutes apart. Not satisfied with his first response = rethinking it =  why? Either he's compensating for his furry micropeen or scum

In case it's the former,

I love it when you offer the town false choice, even as a joke.

It’s cute.

Just now, Drums said:

Just because I don't completely understand how you missed that doesn't mean you have to reexplain or anything. I believe you I think. Especially because you're not pushing jvill anymore and that was kinda the basis of your case. 

I get it. Honestly, I am hungover a d anxious as **** today, so I just need something else on my mind and I’m doing a little bit of compulsive posting. 

You guys interpret it how you want. 

• Upvote 1