Gettleman… this is an example of how you stand up for your players

On 3/11/2021 at 1:21 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Rex Ryan stood up for his players a lot, too.  A big reason why Mark Sanchez ended up getting an unearned, expensive extension.  

He did when there was no risk for him. He lobbied for Sanchez when there was nothing he could do wrong in Woody’s eyes.

Ultimately, He’s more than happy to throw anyone under the bus in the long run, once his ass is in jeopardy.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Which has what to do with over drafting Jones at 6? 

Nothing at all. I already answered all these questions if you decided to read the thread instead of look for a message board argument. 

neither is my first choice for a starting qb of my team

Neither would be my last choice but if there was only 2 choices 

1 being Sam 

1 being jones 

Id pick jones. 

not by a landslide but think he has the better chance of a better career 

that’s it, no more no less 

On 3/10/2021 at 7:50 PM, Lizard King said:

You really need to listen to the clip to appreciate 

https://www.nfl.com/news/giants-gm-dave-gettleman-on-qb-daniel-jones-we-really-believe-he-s-the-guy

"We've had Daniel for two years; we've done the evaluation on him and we really believe he's the guy. No reason to go look," Gettleman said, via team transcript, when asked if he was tempted to look at other options for the quarterback position. "What we're doing isn't fantasy football, we're not playing, we're not doing that. We've got a conviction on him, he's everything we want, he's got all the physical skills and again I say this all the time, the kid just finished his second year of NFL football. How many of us after two years at our new job were great? No, we all start at point 'A' and we hopefully get to point 'Z,' but the one common denominator is it takes time. Everybody has to understand that. We believe in Daniel and that's where it is."

Yeah, it's really admirable when a GM sticks up for a player he drafted too high and who will get gettleman fired if he doesn't get better.

The Giants are literally forced to stand behind jones this year despite being bad his first two years. Not sure what you expected gettleman to say.

On 3/11/2021 at 9:22 AM, Jet Nut said:

JD has stood up for Sam too.  At one time he called him the only untraceable player on the Jets 

Its just changed.

Like you said, JD didnt draft Sam.  His ass isnt on the line for drafting Sam like Gettleman's is over Jones.  Gettleman better stand up for a QB he used a top 10 pick on 2 years ago

Exactly lol   

I liked hearing Gettleman do it, bit it's imperative that he set up the narrative that jones is their wet dream. 

• Haha 1

On 3/10/2021 at 9:37 PM, CanadienJetsFan said:

This is a NYJ site, enough of the freaking Giant talk. We got our own problems to discuss.

*In a world where people have problems. In this world where decisions are a way of life. Other people's problems they overwhelm my mind. They say compassion is a virtue but I don't have time.

*Fck the Giants, the Giants I hate them. I will hate them today. And probably tomorrow. 

d2z686n-11ed88e1-f5c3-4e09-b3a8-50b56f8a

18 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Nothing at all. I already answered all these questions if you decided to read the thread instead of look for a message board argument. 

neither is my first choice for a starting qb of my team

Neither would be my last choice but if there was only 2 choices 

1 being Sam 

1 being jones 

Id pick jones. 

not by a landslide but think he has the better chance of a better career 

that’s it, no more no less 

There isnt one thing Jones has over Sam.  No advantage to size.  Sam has a  better arm and is more accurate.  Sam was the much better prospect.  Theres mo age advantage.  

The rest would come down to who develops and who doest.   At this point there is no way to know who, if either takes that step.  I have no idea why anyone would prefer Jones other than the usual we're the Jets reasoning 

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

There isnt one thing Jones has over Sam.  No advantage to size.  Sam has a  better arm and is more accurate.  Sam was the much better prospect.  Theres mo age advantage.  

The rest would come down to who develops and who doest.   At this point there is no way to know who, if either takes that step.  I have no idea why anyone would prefer Jones other than the usual we're the Jets reasoning 

I disagree, although it’s not that much better, i believe jones has shown more in his 2 years than Sam has in his 3.  I don’t hate Sam, I wouldn’t trade Sam for jones as a team building step, but in a vacuum, but I’m taking jones