Gettleman… this is an example of how you stand up for your players

34 minutes ago, genot said:

Jones sucks. In 2019 he had 25 td passes. Without Barkley, in 2020, he had 11. I was pointing out, what a running game with a quality back can do for a young QB. At least Jones was supported to some extent. 

Isn't it interesting that you are already willing to say that Jones sucks after year 2 but don't seem to be willing to admit that Darnold sucks after year 3? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Gettleman drafted Jones and his tenure with the Giants is directly linked to his success. Of course he's going to say he's still invested in him -- he is.

Douglas and Saleh are not linked to Darnold and are in position to re-set the clock and move on from him, which is the obvious thing for them to do.

Right--this is not some integrity move. Gettleman has to convince people that Jones is the right person for the job and really--what else would he say? I drafted this guy and now he sucks but we can't afford to move on so let's give him another year and just kinda see what happens?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Why, so we can go from one problem to another?

I didn’t say I would automatically make him my starter. 

but if there were only 2 choices 

A Daniel jones

B Sam Darnold 

Im going Daniel jones. And I am not a Sam hater, just think Jones has flashed more 

Just now, Anthony Jet said:

Ummmm I can’t argue this, but your a jet fan, not batting 100 percent there either on life choices 

True, but I was smart with baseball.  

At least I see some winning with the Yanks. 

Couldn't imagine life as a Jets/Mets fan.

Gotta be rough.

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

I didn’t say I would automatically make him my starter. 

but if there were only 2 choices 

A Daniel jones

B Sam Darnold 

Im going Daniel jones. And I am not a Sam hater, just think Jones has flashed more 

If flashing is throwing picks and fumbling the ball, yeah, Jones is ahead. 

Gettleman somehow has capped out a team with a Qb under rookie contract and the team still has no Real talent or Qb to show for it..

The only thing he has seemed  to get right is Judge..I like what I’ve seen from him  so far..

The Giants competed last year and were in almost every game..

But with marginal talent and a QB I don’t believe in they are pretty screwed for the future.

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

If flashing is throwing picks and fumbling the ball, yeah, Jones is ahead. 

They both suck, Darnold has thrown 10 more TD's and 17 more INT's in one year extra but they are basically the same turnover machine

13 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Yea cause Sam is knocking em dead out there 

Did I say he was? This is the problem with posters like you. You will take any teams nuclear waste because Sam has not lived up to expectations. Jones is trash, he has always been trash. He would need to make a turnaround equal to the one Darnold needs to make to be considered a FQB yet you are defending taking him over Sam. Why? Why trade one problem for another. 

2 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Yea cause Sam is knocking em dead out there 

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Did I say he was? This is the problem with posters like you. You will take any teams nuclear waste because Sam has not lived up to expectations. Jones is trash, he has always been trash. He would need to make a turnaround equal to the one Darnold needs to make to be considered a FQB yet you are defending taking him over Sam. Why? Why trade one problem for another. 

I don't recall him saying he'd want to trade Darnold for Jones.  All he suggested was Jones has "flashed" more than Darnold.  And he's right.

# of 300+ yard games

• Jones (in 2 seasons):  5
  • Darnold (in 3 seasons):  4

# of 4+ TD games

• Jones:  3 (including a 5-TD game)
  • Darnold:  1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Posters like me??? Wow...in 2021 your gonna shame me because of post preferences?  Not cool dude, not cool

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't recall him saying he'd want to trade Darnold for Jones.  All he suggested was Jones has "flashed" more than Darnold.  And he's right.

# of 300+ yard games

• Jones (in 2 seasons):  5
  • Darnold (in 3 seasons):  4

# of 4+ TD games

• Jones:  3 (including a 5-TD game)
  • Darnold:  1

Thanks, to lazy to look up the stats, I said in passing id trade Sam for him, no my team building idea is not Sam for jones but if I had to choose between the 2, I’d put my money on jones having the better career 

• Upvote 1