Who do you think will emerge as WR #1?

5 minutes ago, undertow said:

I think you guys are gonna be disappointed if you think JD is gonna build this team around super star WRs or RBs or drafts either position high.....I envision this team looking a lot like Baltimore or SF where the collection of players at the skill positions is more important then the one guy.

yeah cause Lamar Jackson and Kittle are not skill guys huh...

6 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

yeah cause Lamar Jackson and Kittle are not skill guys huh...

Lamar Jackson is a QB and Kittle was drafted in the 5th round....I didn't say he wasn't going to draft skill position players and hope they are good I said I don't think they are investing 1st round picks and signing guys for 18 mil a yr. at those positions....at least when the team is in full rebuild.

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Corey Davis is a lot better than he’s being given credit for. I think he’s gonna be a monster for us

He is going to be really good.  But hes not a 1.  he proved that in Tennessee.  And that is ok cause hes a really strong 2 who can put up #1 numbers for a few games each season.

Mims is going to be the 1.  And we will be taking another receiver high in this draft who will have that potential as well.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Lol. Nice rant about a guy that was just traded. Who gives a crap now. 

Point is I believe we will draft a quarterback who not play favorites with his receivers and will spread the ball around. Something Darnold seemed afraid to do. 

9 hours ago, bitonti said:

Corey Davis is paid 8 figures and will attract CB1 attention. Whether that makes him WR1 like Mike Evans or Julio jones is up for debate. He will play the role of WR 1 

meanwhile Mims was last seen skipping leg day to pick up a French Bulldog puppy

You mean all those CBs who switch sides of the field to cover the #1 like Revis used to do?
Any more imaginary dream sequences in you?

• Thumb Down 1

On 4/3/2021 at 1:15 PM, Warfish said:

In fairness, Jet Nut could be right.  Davis, Mims and Crowder could do well this year, in the new system, with a new QB.  Maybe Davis shows he is a legit #1, maybe Mims stays healthy and breaks out, and maybe Crowder, finally getting some help at WR #1 and #2, gets more opportunities in the slot.  It could happen.

But Nut doesn't KNOW they will.  And he's clearly in denial about what they have been in the past, the same exact way he was about Gase when he was hired, and we have a VERY similar debate to this one.  Back then Gase was a "great coach" who was instrumental to Manning, lol.  Now Davis is a solid #1 WR, and shhhh, don't mention Henry or Brown or that Davis's best year and only >900 yard season was his contract walk-year, thats as irrelevant now as the damage Gase did to Tannehill during his Miami tenure, lol.

Ultimately, some folks are homers who love every move before they're ever done a thing for us, and some folks are cynics who don't hype up guys before they prove it here.

Nut is a homer, he always thinks our moves are great and our new players will be great.  I'm a cynic, I doubt almost every move till the prove it here. 

He already thinks we're better at WR than many teams, I say "great, prove it.  Then I'll buy it."

Just two different ways of seeing the world.  

I told you, stop putting my name in any of your dopey posts.  

Im glad you think youre superior for hating everything this team does and continuing to have no clue what it means to be a fan or about the game for that matter

• Thumb Down 1

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You mean all those CBs who switch sides of the field to cover the #1 like Revis used to do?
Any more imaginary dream sequences in you?

I'm talking about the shaded safety or any other double type of coverage ya maroon 

• Thumb Down 1

43 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I'm talking about the shaded safety or any other double type of coverage ya maroon 

You actually have no idea what you're talking about because you said Davis would now get CB1 coverage.  You mentioned nothing about the S.

If youre going to call someone a moron as a last resort trying to defend your post, at least remember what you said.  

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You actually have no idea what you're talking about because you said Davis would now get CB1 coverage.  You mentioned nothing about the S.

If youre going to call someone a moron as a last resort trying to defend your post, at least remember what you said.  

I called you a maroon not a moron