Robert Gallery

PeterNorth09

winning a division title in your first full season as a starter isnt good enough these days?

not everybody has a Kurt Warner/Tom Brady/Ben Roethelsburger situation

Come blackout, the guy sucked.

Winning games doesn't matter in the NFL, just go check out his QB rating and that will tell you how bad he was.

Winning games doesn't matter in the NFL, just go check out his QB rating and that will tell you how bad he was.

and chad pennington has a great QB rating ;)

i remember looking on ESPN.com and seeing Pennington has one season with a 100+ QB rating and Brett Farve's career high for a season is 99

and chad pennington has a great QB rating ;)

i remember looking on ESPN.com and seeing Pennington has one season with a 100+ QB rating and Brett Farve's career high for a season is 99

Duh.

Then it's quite obvious that PennyBoy is the much better QB then Farve.

I'm not against taking an O lineman very early.... EXCEPT when a team doesn't have a QB. We don't. In general, it isn't until a rookie QB's third year in the league does he develop to the point of being a solid playoff caliber QB. There are always exceptions, but I'm sure Manning lite will improve a lot in this next year, his third.

If we delay getting a QB to develop, I will have to revisit my expectations for this team to be in the playoffs in 2008..... I don't want to delay this move another year.

Winning games has become an extremely over-rated stat for a quarterback. This is not the NBA. There are no one man teams. I am pretty sure there are a lot of quarterbacks that could have won if they had the second leading rusher in the NFL carrying them like Eli did. The "winning" argument gets used a lot in regards to Michael Vick. Does anyone honestly believe that team wouldn't win more games if they had an actual quarterback? Hell, the Dolphins had a winning record last season. That mean Gus Ferrotte is a good quarterback?:rolleyes: I seem to recall Tim Couch taking Cleveland to the playoffs. Was he a bust?

By the way, here is a comparison of the great Eli in the last nine games of 2005 to, say, a third string quarterback:

Eli: 11 TDs, 12 INTs

Brooks Bollinger: 7 TDs, 6 INTs

Winning games has become an extremely over-rated stat for a quarterback. This is not the NBA. There are no one man teams. I am pretty sure there are a lot of quarterbacks that could have won if they had the second leading rusher in the NFL carrying them like Eli did. The "winning" argument gets used a lot in regards to Michael Vick. Does anyone honestly believe that team wouldn't win more games if they had an actual quarterback? Hell, the Dolphins had a winning record last season. That mean Gus Ferrotte is a good quarterback?:rolleyes: I seem to recall Tim Couch taking Cleveland to the playoffs. Was he a bust?

By the way, here is a comparison of the great Eli in the last nine games of 2005 to, say, a third string quarterback:

Eli: 11 TDs, 12 INTs

Brooks Bollinger: 7 TDs, 6 INTs

Old story.... QB's get too much credit for wins, and too much blame for losses. That's why the Cutler can't win arguement is weak.... Vandy had ONE guy at the combine. USC had what, 7, and no Leinart, Bush or White. Texas had like 6 also. It's a team game.

Manning I think is following the blueprint in terms of highly rated QB's developing in the NFL. This year I think he'll be a top 15 QB.... with luck, could crack top ten. It takes time for these kids to adjust to the NFL, which is why Young concerns me. If the Jets take Young, they better be damn sure he can learn the ENTIRE playbook and be able to use it.

winning a division title in your first full season as a starter isnt good enough these days?

not everybody has a Kurt Warner/Tom Brady/Ben Roethelsburger situation

Really.

Eli manning is not a bust...well maybe to the guys who say Peyton sucks he is but not in reality.

Really.

Eli manning is not a bust...well maybe to the guys who say Peyton sucks he is but not in reality.

I am not saying Eli is a bust, I'm saying he isn't a smash hit like some people seem to believe. IMO, Eli is still to be determined. He could end up being great, but he could also end up being a huge bust. For the price the Giants paid for him, he had better be a top 5 quarterback for a long, long time.

I am not saying Eli is a bust, I'm saying he isn't a smash hit like some people seem to believe. IMO, Eli is still to be determined. He could end up being great, but he could also end up being a huge bust. For the price the Giants paid for him, he had better be a top 5 quarterback for a long, long time.

The Giants have a ****ty O-line and ****ty WR's...last yr they signed Mackenzie & Burress and Eli did a lot better.

For the price they paid for him....he should **** TD's...For the price we paid for Pat Robertson...Oops...I mean DeWayne...He should have made 6 pro bowls by now.

I would take Eli over any QB on this roster.

Eli Manning sometimes overthrows PLEXICO BURRESS.

Yes, it's too early to tell if he's a bust or not but he hasn't played all that well yet. He's had a couple of good GW drives but aside from that he has not done ANYTHING. Stupid mistakes like throwing from one side of the field to the other in the playoffs on more then one occasion will kill you even in preseason games. He's got a lot of work to do but he's not a bust just yet.

Oh and give Gallery some slack. He's been playing out of position for his first 2 years.

The Giants have a ****ty O-line and ****ty WR's...last yr they signed Mackenzie & Burress and Eli did a lot better.

For the price they paid for him....he should **** TD's...For the price we paid for Pat Robertson...Oops...I mean DeWayne...He should have made 6 pro bowls by now.

I would take Eli over any QB on this roster.

Who wouldn't take Eli over any quarterback on the Jets roster? There aren't any quarterbacks on the Jets roster.

I would believe in Eli if he had continued the pace he set in the first half of last season. But he was AWFUL the last part of the season. Worse than Brooks Bollinger awful. Without Tiki Barber, that team is lucky to win 6 games.

Winning games has become an extremely over-rated stat for a quarterback.

In all seriousness, I tend to agree with you more often then not (first time I ever admitted that).

But that post is so far off-the-wall I would have thought Barton made the post.:eek:

QB's in the NFL have two jobs, and two jobs only:

1) Get the offense in the end zone and score points.

2) Win football games.

You are much smarter then that Troll.

In all seriousness, I tend to agree with you more often then not (first time I ever admitted that).

But that post is so far off-the-wall I would have thought Barton made the post.:eek:

QB's in the NFL have two jobs, and two jobs only:

1) Get the offense in the end zone and score points.

2) Win football games.

You are much smarter then that Troll.

Winning games takes a TEAM. One player is generally not going to win games by himself. By this logic, one could make the assumption that you believe these guys are good quarterbacks: Michael Vick, Shaun King, Gus Ferotte, Trent Dilfer, Kyle Orton, Brian Griese, Aaron Brooks, Kordell Stewart, Tim Couch, Kelly Holcomb, AJ Feeley, Koy Detmer, Quincy Carter, and Chad Pennington.

In recent memory, every single one of that sorry bunch I listed has either a.)"led" a team to the playoffs, b.)won games in place of an injured starter, c.)been the starting quarterback for a winning team, or d.)gotten very deep into the playoffs. Are they all good quarterbacks? Their teams won games, so they must be good, correct?

That statistic is just as flawed as QB rating.

• 2 years later...
Can you imagine if Eli Manning reverts back to the inconsistent bum he was for more than 3 and 1/2 seasons.

He hasn't proven otherwise. His INT's have increased each year.

2004: 9

2005: 17

2006: 18

2007: 20

That's what I call a trend.

I think it's pretty safe to say he isn't a bust though.

winning the SB should be a huge lift in his confidence. If i had to guess, i'd say he'd be a top 10 QB next year without too much struggle. I can't imagine playing for a New York team, reading the papers everyday about how bad you suck, and then you are expected to preform.

some guys thrive on that, but some need a confidence boost.

Eli Manning has yet to prove he's not a bust.

He won the Giants the superbowl by himself what are you talking about? He scored 2 TDs in that game and threw for over 200 yards thats a normal game and a good one for a QB and you can say he threw a INT but Smith cleary should of caught the ball.

Eli and Pennington is both 1st rounders Chad chokes games Eli dealt with more doubts than any other player on that Giants roster. Repect is the word here He stayed healthy and he is going to make for a hell of a player since he got that ring out the way.

Archived