Running back touch distribution?

RoadFan

I think modeling after the 49ers, a committee seems certain.

Does anyone really know who the best RB on this team?!?! They all offer something different.

I kinda like Ty Johnson the best.   Just seems to get skinny and accelerate through the hole.

Coleman is a zone scheme vet with speed.  Not a big fan of his because he rarely makes anybody miss, but he can get involved in the passing game.

Perine is the best short yardage runner.

Carter is obviously talented and will mix in.

Just now, Untouchable said:

Coleman and Carter get the majority of the carries, Perine acts as the short yardage/goaline back, and Johnson is the 4th back with KR value.

Josh Adams and the other fella are gone.

I have a feeling many different opinions to follow.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Coleman and Carter get the majority of the carries, Perine acts as the short yardage/goaline back, and Johnson is the 4th back with KR value.

But johnson is cleary getting carries ahead of carter right now.  U think carter leaped him on the depth chart tonight?

My favorite is Michael Carter and running behind both Becton and Vera-Tucker would become HR hitting.

● #4 in NCAA rushing yards last year. 

● #1 in average yards per carry @ 8.0!.

He's our best RB and most talented one too. 

Anyone have a video of his 18 yard run? Because I went apesh*t nuts over it. 

10 carries for 52 rushing yards and at 5.2 yards per carry = #1 RB performance (from either team) tonight. 

Mekhi Becton will take him into daylight and into the house. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

I think a lot of people are sleeping on Ty Johnson in favor of Coleman and Carter.

I dont see much separation at all btwn the 4 backs.  At this point, im not sure how u could make a case that one is better then the other.

They all look like B running backs that are interchangeable.

Just now, dbatesman said:

This was my thought too. Unless the CS is smokescreening something fierce, they like Johnson a lot

Maybe they plan to bring the rookie along slowly.  And he replaces coleman next year.

I dont think either johnson or coleman is lasting 17 games so Carter will be in there eventually anyway.

Bringing the rookie along a little slowly wouldnt be the worst idea.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I dont see much separation at all btwn the 4 backs.  At this point, im not sure how u could make a case that one is better then the other.

They all look like B running backs that are interchangeable.

Welcome to the Shanahan system.

In all seriousness, it’s tougher to judge right now until AVT is back.  GVR has been pretty solid, but Feeny has been a nightmare and none of these guys have been able to rip a home run type run yet.

I believe it will be Ty Johnson as the lead back with Coleman and Carter rotating in.  Perine will get the “power back” role.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

If I could, I would give Michael Carter all the touches, if you catch my drift. Particularly with the balls, if you know what I'm saying. He'd be pushing through a tight hole, if you're picking up what I'm laying down.

Under your tutelage MC would start off as a tight end and wind up as a wide receiver. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Im not seeing it that way.  My eyes tell me Johnson is the best all around back.   And when the carries have been doled out its says the same.  

After TJ I see Coleman and Carter rotating in.  Perine in the short yardage, grinder role.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

If I could, I would give Michael Carter all the touches, if you catch my drift. Particularly with the balls, if you know what I'm saying. He'd be pushing through a tight hole, if you're picking up what I'm laying down.

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean. Can you say this again, but slower? Much slower?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1