Trevor “Generational” Lawrence on ESPN tonight

Salehery

3 hours ago, jgb said:

So then Minshew is a stud. I'll take that admission as a consolation prize.

Thanks!

haha, you really into Minshew, huh? not sure about a stud, but he can definitely be a serviceable starter in the league. 

but yea, Jacksonville’s roster isn’t much better than anyone’s 

18 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Based  on Johnsons comment to Zach that he knew him better than his kids I suspect  woody needed a lot of convincing  to take Zach. If we. Had the first pick I think we go Lawrence 

If Woody needed convincing even better.  Woody is not someone you want making football decisions. 

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

haha, you really into Minshew, huh? not sure about a stud, but he can definitely be a serviceable starter in the league. 

but yea, Jacksonville’s roster isn’t much better than anyone’s 

I would love Minshew as our #2. Love, love, love it. He's probably the 20th best QB in the league.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Hey.

Excuse me sir.

Broadway Joe tossed 0 TDs. 

Namath made his guaranteed prediction but it was the Jets DEFENSE who WON the CHAMPIONSHIP.

Holding Johnny Unitas to 0 TDs? 1 INT? Only 100 yards passing? QB Rating in the 40s? And holding his Colts Offense who averaged 28.7 points per game to only 7 points? And also destroying their starting QB with 3 1st half INTs?

Look at my username. 

Defense Wins Championships. 

Joe Namath gets the credit but Larry Grantham, Al Atkinson, Gerry Philbin, John Elliott, Randy Beverly (and others) of our legendary 68-69 Jets Defense is who truly won us our only Championship (on that day). 

NY Jets Defense were the real magical one's

(love you Joe Namath and yes you made the guarantee but your Defense did the dirty work and still gets no credit for it ?). 

image.png.6557186d317bfa0989d44001a08050b6.png

Namath detractors can't have this one both ways. He gets shade on here for being an INT machine. He threw no INTs in SBIII. He shelved his ego and played exactly to a brilliant gameplan and didn't go all gunslinger. He deserves credit for the win as does the rest of the squad.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I don't know about 20th, but he's definitely a starter and probably too good to be a backup. 

I am rooting for the guy. Love to watch him play. He'll be a starter again. Probably sooner rather than later.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, jgb said:

Namath detractors can't have this one both ways. He gets shade on here for being an INT machine. He threw no INTs in SBIII. He played exactly to a brilliant gameplan and didn't go all gunslinger. He deserves credit for the win as does the rest of the squad.

Imagine being a Jets fan and going out of your way to sh*t on Joe Namath. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

We love to find reasons to hate our greats while wanking to our JAGs. 

Mommas don't let your sons grow up to be Jets players.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

29 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I absolutely love Joe Namath and have mentioned many of times that I want the Jets to win a SB more for my older brother and Joe Namath than I do for myself. I want to see Joe Namath make another guaranteed SB prediction and celebrate and dance again. I love him a lot.

Larry Grantham is my favorite throwback Jets player because he was my Grandfathers favorite player; but Broadway Joe is my favorite Legendary Jets Legend of All-Time (and in my OP I specifically stayed how I LOVE Joe Namath) and have raved about him for many of years here on JN. 

I was simply speaking about 1 game. The SB. And our Defense held an explosive Colts Offense averaging 28 points per game and held them to only 7 points and in the 2nd half feasted against JOHNNY UNITAS. And still to this day our LEGENDARY 1968-1969 Defense receives no credit from 90% of our fan base.

Imagine being a Jets fan and not going out of your way to absolutely RAVE about that 68-69 (LEGENDARY) Defense who held the Colts to only 7 points and led the Jets to our only SB win of All-Time.

My username was created because of that Defense.

And I'll always love Joe Willie White Shoes Namath too. But I won't act and pretend as if he's the #1 reason why we won that SB game vs. Baltimore. 

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I absolutely love Joe Namath and have mentioned many of times that I want the Jets to win a SB more for my older brother and Joe Namath than I do for myself. I want to see Joe Namath make another guaranteed SB prediction and celebrate and dance again. I love him a lot.

Larry Grantham is my favorite throwback Jets player because he was my Grandfathers favorite player; but Broadway Joe is my favorite Legendary Jets Legend of All-Time (and in my OP I specifically stayed how I LOVE Joe Namath) and have raved about him for many of years here on JN. 

I was simply speaking about 1 game. The SB. And our Defense held an explosive Colts Offense averaging 28 points per game and held them to only 7 points and in the 2nd half feasted against JOHNNY UNITAS. And still to this day our LEGENDARY 1968-1969 Defense receives no credit from 90% of our fan base.

Imagine being a Jets fan and not going out of your way to absolutely RAVE about that 68-69 (LEGENDARY) Defense who held the Colts to only 7 points and led the Jets to our only SB win of All-Time.

And I'll always love Joe Willie White Shoes Namath too. But I won't act and pretend as if he's the #1 reason why we won that SB game vs. Baltimore. 

What are you talking about no one has ever talked badly of the SBIII defense. Ever. Plenty have about Namath.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I would love Minshew as our #2. Love, love, love it. He's probably the 20th best QB in the league.

Watching him with Washington State wreck a great year for Iowa State in the Bowl Game showed me he can do anything when he is feeling swaggy.  I would love to have him as our #2 guy who is always pushing and always ready to start.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, jgb said:

What are you talking about no one has ever talked badly of the SBIII defense. Ever. Plenty have about Namath.

Well I never have. And making a SB observation doesn't mean I was trashing Joe Namath I love that dude I was just talking about how I rarely see our Defense getting the credit they deserved for doing what they did.

That 1968 team had the #2 scoring Offense and the #1 Defense. Namath led them to the SB but our D won it is all I'm saying man.

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

FYI Johny U was hurt that year.  Earl Morral was the NFL MVP and was the starting QB for the Colts.  Unitas was thrown in late in the game and lead the Colts to their only TD.   Unitas was playing hurt and was a shadow of himself in that game.  He still had enough guts to lead them to their only score. 

It was a team win.  Namath played a conservative game against what at the time was a historically good D.  The Jets had a very good D but it wasn't in the same class as the Colts D.   Namath got into the Colts heads.  They were intent on stopping him and he turned the tables on them.  The Jets OL behind HOF Tackle Winston Hill were the reason we won that game.  They manhandled an all time great D and gave our D time to recover from what could have been a terrible start.  Earl Morrall missed a wide open TD I believe it was the first or second possession.  He didn't see his receiver running free and he had all day.  The Colts O was extremely tight and Morrall, who had a great year wasn't up to the spotlight Namath created.   Our D was just as tight as the Colts but after we established the lead and the ability to move the ball they settled in and balled.   Don't discount what Namath meant to that win.  He called and executed a brilliant game plan against an all time great defense.  

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Biggs said:

1.) FYI Johny U was hurt that year.  Earl Morral was the NFL MVP and was the starting QB for the Colts.  

2.) Unitas was thrown in late in the game and lead the Colts to their only TD.   Unitas was playing hurt and was a shadow of himself in that game.  He still had enough guts to lead them to their only score. 

3.) Namath played a conservative game against what at the time was a historically good D.  The Jets had a very good D but it wasn't in the same.

4.)Earl Morrall missed a wide open TD I believe it was the first or second possession.

I've watched that game over 10x throughout my lifetime I watch it every Saturday before opening kickoff of week 1 and it sounds like you're 100% hating on our Defense. 

1.) Exactly.  And our Defense held that MVP QB to 71 yards, 6/17, 0 TDs a QB Rating of only 9.3 and 3 INTs so it's funny how you didn't mention any of this while talking about him missing a wide open TD (because our Defense was in his head).

2.) And Johnny had more opportunities than Earl Morrall did because Unitas went 11/24 (45%),  110 passing yards (4.5 yards per pass attempt), 0 TDs/1 INT and an atrocious QB Rating of 42.0. 

Our 68 Jets D embarrassed both of their great QBs and if you don't think our 4 Defensive INTs won us the game well then you're blind because Baltimore had 0 points heading into the 4th Q because of that Jets DEFENSE.

3.) The Jets Defense was just as good as the Colts Defense.  

Baltimore allowed 3,377 total yards and Jete D only allowed 3,363 total yards allowed.

4.) But no mention of his 3 1st half INTs?

Baltimore were 18 point favorites and my Grandfather always bragged about winning enough money off that game in order to take 2 weeks off of work 18 point underdogs and only allowed 7 points?!?

If you're going to play by play the game at least call it the right way.

because even Joe Namath himself has raved about his D creating 4 INTs for him. 

21 hours ago, jgb said:

Yeah, most years there is a generational guy. But not always the same position. Which makes sense because of math. "A generation" is usually defined as ~20 years and there are about 20 positions in football.

Nevertheless, I don't remember any "generational" chatter about Darnold during draft from any of the major draft gurus. And certainly not a chorus as there was with Luck and now Lawrence.

We agree with use of statistics as part of the definition of generational, and I have no ego involved with projecting Sam as anything. I don't watch college ball. I just remember some people using the word. Just as I remember people talking about "sucking for sam" when he was a freshman. Either way, semantics aside, my original post was questioning the use of the word generational and how it's mostly media hype. QB is a position where they try to prop up that guy every year.

On 8/24/2021 at 4:04 PM, Origen said:

"Okay, third and 8 guys.  Bobby- you 8 do an yard curl.  Joe- run left then fall down like you hurt your ankle and when your guy looks away get up and go Deep!  Sally- you block"

That gif where we go 5 wide on 3rd and 5 and all of our receivers run 2 yard curl routes simultaneously - that was Schitty’s playcall?