Trevor “Generational” Lawrence on ESPN tonight

Salehery

15 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

From what I saw yesterday, it looks like Lawrence is about to get Darnold’d 

The worm is turning

Read some of the replies.  

"I guess it was only the Jets he should have stayed in school for, right? How’s Wilson doing?"

"But I thought if the Jets were picking first everybody said he should go back to Clemson, right? Super weird nobody said that about the Jags. Cuz I mean, they’re so loaded."

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, kdels62 said:

The Bills fan gave an opinion and wasn’t going over the top with his thoughts. Repeatedly calling him out is in bad form (to me). 

I said one thing about him being here and said it was weird (it is), without quoting him, and he responded to me by calling me, and others here, insecure people who are just upset we “missed out” on Lawrence.  If that’s “bad form”, than so be it because if you think that he came here in good faith and not to see our reaction to Lawrence, good or bad, in order to troll, I have a bridge to sell you.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I said one thing about him being here and said it was weird (it is), without quoting him, and he responded to me by calling me, and others here, insecure people who are just upset we “missed out” on Lawrence.  If that’s “bad form”, than so be it because if you think that he came here in good faith and not to see our reaction to Lawrence, good or bad, in order to troll, I have a bridge to sell you.

That’s fine. He didn’t go over the top. He didn’t call anyone out. The reaction has been worse than his actual posts. 

12 hours ago, DLJ said:

The universe continues to work in mysterious ways. I shan’t continue to question it.

Who would’ve thought winning that meaningless Rams game and completely taking us out of picking 1st might’ve been the best thing to happen to this franchise?

Yep.  That's the conclusion you should take after 2 preseason games.

30 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You're a smart young man and you know how to read between the lines too.

Your pops @Jet Nut didn't raise no FOOL. 

Zach Wilson (2 games).

16/20 (80.0%). 191 Passing Yards (9.5 yards per pass attempt), 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 0 sacks, 0 fumbles and a beautiful QB Rating of 120.7.

Trevor Lawrence (2 games).

20/32 (62.5%), 184 Passing Yards (5.7 yards per pass attempt), 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 3 sacks, 1 fumble and a mediocre QB Rating of only 81.1.

But yet that Buffalo fan had the nerve to tell us that Zach Wilson has only looked "a tick" better than Trevor Lawrence and also called our fan base insecure?

If JAX selected Zach Wilson and NYJ drafted Trevor Lawrence he would be gloating within the form of rampaging how JAX drafted the absolute best Rookie QB while also mushing Trevor Lawrence in our face.  

It's called reading between the lines and its easy to do. Because no Buffalo fan is happy to see Zazh Wilson looking better than their Josh Allen did as a Rookie. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

That’s fine. He didn’t go over the top. He didn’t call anyone out. The reaction has been worse than his actual posts. 

Go over to Buffalo's forum if they have one with a Jets username and then call Buffalo fans "insecure" due to being one of the only NFL fan bases without a SB celebration because of wide right and 0-4.

And then after calling them insecure also tell them immediately afterwards how Josh Allen is only "a tick" better than Baker Mayfield. 

I dare you. 

And I promise you that no longtime suffering Buffalo Bills fan will stick up for you (like you're doing for him) and I bet their farm that they'll all make fun of you with slander.  

I know a classy opposing Football fan when I meet one. 

Buffalo fans don't even really bother me. It's funny and fun for me. But I know why they're here and not @ N.E. Because they can't gloat against a fan base with 6 rings without getting laughed at for bragging about 2020 playoff wins ?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Go over to Buffalo's forum if they have one with a Jets username and then call Buffalo fans "insecure" due to being one of the only NFL fan bases without a SB celebration because of wife right and 0-4.

And then after calling them insecure also tell them immediately afterwards how Josh Allen is only "a tick" better than Baker Mayfield. 

I dare you. 

And I promise you that no longtime suffering Buffalo Bills fan will stick up for you (like you're doing for him) and I bet their farm that they'll all make fun of you with slander.  

I know a classy opposing Football fan when I meet one. 

It’s been 2 preseason games. That thread is definitely about insecure Jets fans taking a premature victory lap. It’s fair game with or without slander. 

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

It’s been 2 preseason games. That thread is definitely about insecure Jets fans taking a premature victory lap. It’s fair game with or without slander. 

Do me a favor.  

Zach Wilson (2 games).

16/20 (80.0%). 191 Passing Yards (9.5 yards per pass attempt), 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 0 sacks, 0 fumbles and a beautiful QB Rating of 120.7.

○ Find me a Jets QB. All-Time. Rookie or not. Who's ever put up these dominant statistics throughout their first 2 preseason games.  

Then and only then (once you find better) can you talk to me about how it's been two preseason games.

Have you not watched Kyle Trask's 1st two preseason games?

Because if Zach Wilson played as atrocious as Trask (QB Rating in the 30s) I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be preaching to us "two preseason games" right about now...

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He's making some lame comment about Zach looking like hes in a boy band.  One of them has the last name Bass.  Its like when you and your ex break up and she shows up at a party with a guy 100% better looking than you.  

Sucks, that Zach isnt a ugly mug like his boy Darnold.  Its killing him that Zach has hit the ground running. 

And I guess he needed to throw a bit of homophobia in there as well.

• Upvote 1

When we were still in the TL race towards the end I started hearing rumors of his arm not being as strong as advertised and other little warts. I immediately thought of Sam as this seemed very similar. Both were these generational prospects with everything you wanted until you started looking past the media generated veneer and you started hearing that they aren't all that, but still... they're really great. Then they get on the field and you really start to wonder if you haven't been wondering if you've been had already.  

• Sympathy 1

Jaguars fans are starting to come to the realization that their team looks an awful lot like the 2018 Jets.  Bad OTs.  Underwhelming skill position players.  Suspect coaching staff.  It's not the bundle of joy over there that it was on Day 1 of the draft as they realize that Lawrence is doomed unless the foundation gets fixed.  

We've been there.  It sucks.  Even though we have some holes to fill still, I feel we are parsecs ahead of where that team is, with a QB prospect who may be every bit as talented to benefit from it.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, Pac said:

This thread should be burned in a grease fire.

Making definitive statements based on a couple pre-season games is obscene.

I'd still rather have kept Darnold and traded down, drafted Lawrence, drafted Fields, in that order.

We'll see if Zach Bass turns into the real deal but a couple decent games against backups doesn't mean jack sht.  

Uhh Lawrence still wouldn't have been available so....wut?

12 hours ago, shuler82 said:

I'm starting to wonder whether DWC is one of the most legendary trolls the internet has ever produced.. because that explanation is a lot better than the alternative. 

If @dbatesman's take on his posts reading like @dril's happens to be an accurate assessment that DWC is @dril, then yes, this would be the only conclusion to be made.  I really hope that's true.  It would mean we have arguably the world's greatest troll poster in our midst, right here on JN.

Since DWC has a twitter account too, it would also mean @dril has a burner account, posting as DWC.

@dril did say he was 30 years old when he first started out, so that would align closely with DWC's real life age too.  

Yes, I say we all go with this theory.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Jaguars fans are starting to come to the realization that their team looks an awful lot like the 2018 Jets.  Bad OTs.  Underwhelming skill position players.  Suspect coaching staff.  It's not the bundle of joy over there that it was on Day 1 of the draft as they realize that Lawrence is doomed unless the foundation gets fixed.  

We've been there.  It sucks.  Even though we have some holes to fill still, I feel we are parsecs ahead of where that team is, with a QB prospect who may be every bit as talented to benefit from it.

Offensive guru plus no resources being used on the OL. Sounds about right.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Love how the narrative has turned from “Minshew was a product of a good supporting offensive cast” to “Lawrence is in a terrible situation.”

Hilarious. 

Also, instead of running stories for 3 months about whether Lawrence should have dodged the Jets, maybe the media could have looked at the Jaguars roster a little more closely? 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Also, instead of running stories for 3 months about whether Lawrence should have dodged the Jets, maybe the media could have looked at the Jaguars roster a little more closely? 

The media writes stories that people want to read.  And the perception is that everyone hates the jets and wants them to fail.

i was in New Orleans last week and a guy with a patriots hat saw me wearing a jets shirt and started booing.  Like, what does this guy have against the jets, we’ve helped them immeasurably the past 20 years.  He should be cheering me. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Because Zach Wilson hasn't just been the best Rookie QB during preseason he's also the best NFL QB within the entire league throughout 2 games thus far (and it's not even close).

Is this your statement or are you quoting someone?

but, for the record, I agree.