Trevor “Generational” Lawrence on ESPN tonight

Salehery

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

A Bills fan is here in a Jaguars-Saints preseason game thread

I'll admit to being really obsessed with football. Watching Josh Allen grow has given me a newfound appreciation for young QB development. As expected Jets fans are trying to talk down Lawrence because you're still a little insecure that winning a meaningless game last year might have cost you a generational talent. From my unbiased perspective both QBs look good, Wilson does look a tick better but the disparity in talent (and, I think, coaching) around Lawrence is bigger than the disparity between the QBs.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

Tell that to the fans who killed Mekhi Becton because of "practice" as only a soon to be 2nd year player. 
I can't wait to read about Rich Cimini attacking Trevor Lawrence on Twitter with 100 tweets as he did to Zach Wilson after Green and White

“They are coming around the edge every play” -Conner Hughes in reaction to practice. Didn’t see that in the game though… ???

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

I think Lawrence looks good considering the muck&mire he is surrounded by as a supporting cast of a team. 

He has the all the ideal tools, resumé, character and Yes, because of his larger size, he is the “superior” prospect of ‘21.

so my question is, which current NFL offensive scheme/coach would be the ideal situation for Lawrence to thrive in immediately - disregard the incumbent QB, for argument sake??

Wilson seems to have an ideal scheme fit with LaFleur in the Shanny offense, what would best suit Lawrence?

Zone read that Foles ran in Philly

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

You literally sucked Lawrences co*k for two months straight subjecting us to long awful post loaded with gushing love that was sickening.  Now you post this? 

You cried like a baby when the jets actually won a few games.

I agree with Matt, just shut up about Qbs.  Cheer for Tight ends or something,

Rooting for the #1 pick after 0-5 was my only way to enjoy my Adam Gase season.  Many of us Jets fans wanted us to tank for Trevor Lawrence.  90% of us did. I can bump them threads up to. and Jets fans on JN were creating YouTube videos about him too. And I loved them. 

But now you just want to call me out on it? 

So 90% of us tanking for Trevor fans can't enjoy Zach Wilson? Is that what you're telling me? 

I'm a longtime suffering Jets fan not a GM.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I've watched every throw of Mac Jones and he looks NOTHING like Zach Wilson and stats aside he doesn't have a rocket like Zach does either.  

There is no comparison right now. 

Yes, Zach Wilson has a better arm.

That has been said multiple times, nonetheless Mac Jones has been having some pretty good games. He seems pretty comfortable and is making some pretty good throws.

Isn't that what Zach Wilson did in this past two games? 

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFanBurner said:

I'll admit to being really obsessed with football. Watching Josh Allen grow has given me a newfound appreciation for young QB development. As expected Jets fans are trying to talk down Lawrence because you're still a little insecure that winning a meaningless game last year might have cost you a generational talent. From my unbiased perspective both QBs look good, Wilson does look a tick better but the disparity in talent (and, I think, coaching) around Lawrence is bigger than the disparity between the QBs.

Perhaps winning those meaningless games allowed us to dodge a huge bullet with Urban. 

Lawrence is going to be fine, he has enough talent from what I’ve seen to overcome whatever the Jags are doing…

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sammybighead said:

Perhaps winning those meaningless games allowed us to dodge a huge bullet with Urban. 

Lawrence is going to be fine, he has enough talent from what I’ve seen to overcome whatever the Jags are doing…

Urban was never coming here unless the Johnsons fired Joe Douglas. 

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

Yes, Zach Wilson has a better arm.

That has been said multiple times, nonetheless Mac Jones has been having some pretty good games. He seems pretty comfortable and is making some pretty good throws.

Isn't that what Zach Wilson did in this past two games? 

No. 

Zach Wilson was A+ game #1 and game #2 = 154 Perfect QB Rating. 

The only possible dig I would have on Lawrence’s performance tonight is that when he did have time it seemed he took a long time to throw several times. However, I don’t know if it because of bad receivers, he needs to improve his anticipation or a combination of both.

The only conclusion I’m taking away from the game is we have a better coaching staff and Oline than the Jags. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Honey, I had the largest meltdown in the world over missing out on Trevor Lawrence, despite the fact that I loved every single first round QB in this class.  I can assure you that I’m not putting anything out there that anyone can’t see for themselves.  

Wanna talk about insecure?  How about signing up for a divisional rivals forum because you care that much about what they think about Trevor Lawrence.

@Beerfish seems to attack me and only me for wanting Trevor Lawrence.  When he 100% hated all of these QBs and wanted to keep Sam Darnold. At least me and you can move on and ENJOY Zach Wilson as Jets fans.

I'm about to bump the tank for Trevor thread this way @Beerfish can create his HIT LIST of Jets fans who's no longer allowed to gush over Zach Wilson because we missed out on Lawrence ??

6 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

My god you suck man.

I suck? But its cool for him to tell me I sucked off Trevor Lawrence and tell me STFU because I'm enjoying Zach Wilson? And has done this to me 2-3x now? But I suck? 

I'm not really going to screen shot his Sam Darnold posts I just wanted to give him a taste of his own medicine.  

I've never once went out of my way to attack that guy over a message board and his post towards me was disgusting. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1